Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

" Fuck Buddies"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I broke off with my GF of ten months 2 weeks ago-
She has not left me alone since- but now she just wants sex and a no strings attached relationship- basically she wants to be " fuck buddies" I know she will want to get back with me afterwards- but I dont! Should I do it- or will I leave it cause it'll only complicate something that should be over?
Anyone have experiences in this- especially the after effects?A lot of mates suggested she might be doing this for "alternative reasons"

Comments

• Options
    If you think she will want to get back with you & you don't her don't do it!

I've done the 'fuck buddies' thing with an ex before & it ended terribly as he wanted me back but I didn't feel the same.

I've had successful 'fuck buddies' situations with people who haven't been ex's & that works very well as you both know where you stand from the start & neither of you has felt more than just lust for the other.

It's up to you, but if you have a feeling she may still want to get back with you & may think this is the way to get you back then I wouldn't go there as you will end up hurting her.

Good luck. :)
  • Options
    don't do it, for her sake as well as your own. If she is hoping that it's a way to get you back then it will only hurt her more to go through this and then still not have you and it will definitely confuse the situation more. It definitely wouldn't be a no strings attached relationship, in my opinion.
    Don't even go there...
    I haven't ever been in that situation myself though my boyfriend just recently broke up with me and I don't think I could stand doing that because it would just make me want him more all over again and he wouldn't and then I'd be more upset, which I think at the end of the day would be how she would be.
    You need a clean break for a relationship not little bits hanging on.
  • Options
    Not a good idea, dont do it even though its tempting, it'll only cause hassle and you'll make her feel liek its a second break up when you reject her, which will make you feel awful, if you ahve a heart :p
  • Options
    I'd say the same as the others. If you know that her intentions are to get you back and you're not interested then by shagging her you're just gonna complicate things. If you want someone who's just there for a shag when you need one then you need someone you have no ties with and who wants exactly the same thing.
  • Options
    Cheers- peoples.

It is tempting- but iff you all feel the same way you must be right!
    Just want sex me- so not thinking straight

Have just turned her down-
  • Options
    "Fuck-Buddies" are never a good idea. Whilst its obviously great fun at the time, when one person still really likes the other, it just falls apart. I did it with my ex and ended up hurting him more as he really wanted me back and I was just messing about.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kosari193
    "Fuck-Buddies" are never a good idea. Whilst its obviously great fun at the time, when one person still really likes the other, it just falls apart. I did it with my ex and ended up hurting him more as he really wanted me back and I was just messing about.

"Fuck buddies" as you put it isnt always a bad idea. Its only a bad idea if one side has delusions of a meaningful relationship coming out of it.
    As long as both parties know that it is just sex then it can be very beneficial for forfilling the human need of being wanted, and sex of course, in those sometimes long gaps between relationships.

Even if u do like each other in ways more than sex but neither wants a relationship (through past hurt or the joys of being single) then it can still work, but it can get complicated like that. You both really need to be on the same wavelength for that sort of fuck buddies situation to work.

To conclude, fuck buddies can work as long as you're careful. Never become fuck buddies with someone you would like to go out with or would like to go out with you unless you both are aware of this and know EXACTLY where you stand.

THE END :)