Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

xmas presents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What should I get her for christmas? Looking for all suggestions, even if they are really boring or really innovative! Price doesnt matter much but obviously nothing thats gonna break the bank. We aint been going out TOO long so im working round 50-60 mark.

Comments

• Options
    perfume, jewellery, cd/dvd, what kinda things is she into?
  • Options
    hey, sorry i was hoping for a bit more specificity...
    perfume - what type
    jewelery - bracelt/necklace etc ???
    i would love to do the make her a cd thing but im not very technically minded.
    shes loves shoppin and clothes, but doesnt every girl, im not gonna even attempt to shop for clothes without another girl with good taste!
  • Options
    Look at the perfumes she has just now and see if she is running low on any and you could get her a new bottle cos picking perfume for a girl is quite difficult, or maybe it's just me who's just extremely fussy! These are a few nice ones though, Angel, Hugo Boss and Gucci Rush and if I was to get them from Santa then I'd be a happy bunny :D
  • Options
    hmm yea i love cool water but its a bit boring. jean paul gaultier (sp?) is real nice too. and that kenzo one. what do you suggest? i have hugo boss dark blue for men, what is deep red like?
  • Options
    How about Glow by J-Lo? That smells really nice :) Or Clinique Happy by Elizabeth Arden (I think.)
  • Options
    'Ralph' by ralph lauren is really nice :yum:

What about taking her shopping before Xmas and ask her to tell you a few things she likes and then you have a choice of what you could buy her. Making up a cd isn't that hard, just ned someone with a cd re-writer, songs that she likes, a blank cd and away you go. A nice simple ring or something, silver is really nice. Take her out for a really nice dinner, you buy everything and then at the end of the night give her her pressie as well (if it's jewellery say),or just take her out to dinner anyway. I did this with my girlfriend for her 21st, works really well!
  • Options
    Originally posted by addicted7
    i have hugo boss dark blue for men, what is deep red like?
    I've got normal Hugo Boss and I got the Deep Red one for my birthday a few days ago, it's really nice, a bit heavier than the normal one but really nice :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    'Ralph' by ralph lauren is really nice :yum:

Yeah, Ralph is nice.

Plus Polo Sport for Women.

They're ones that I have bought my gf.
  • Options
    I have Gorgio Armani perfume and it is sooo nice, as is Issey Miyake and Cool Water. How about you buy her soemthing to give on Xmas day and if you wanted to get her clothes you could say you'll take her shopping after Xmas and let her choose something? That's if you're really stuck?
  • Options
    you could ask her friends what she likes. i did that and apparently i have some stuff she will love!

dark belgian truffles from thorntons
    9 ct white gold heart shaped stud earrings from argos

but her friends shouldn't tell her that you are asking what she would like for christmas. and even if they do then she'll know you want to get her favourite for her!
  • Options
    sorry i still dont know how to quote(how long have i been here? if someone could help me out on that one i'd be tres grateful)
    but i had to laugh at this :

"Clinique Happy by Elizabeth Arden"

how about Clinique Happy, by Clinique?

;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by scarlettcloud
    sorry i still dont know how to quote(how long have i been here? if someone could help me out on that one i'd be tres grateful)

well when yo are reading posts you will see at the bottom right of each one there are two buttons. one says edit, which providing you have the right access will allow you to change that post, and one says quote, which will start a new reply with the quote in it.

the actual tags are [ quote ] [ /quote] but usually it says originally posted by {user name} in italics and the content in bold
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

well when yo are reading posts you will see at the bottom right of each one there are two buttons. one says edit, which providing you have the right access will allow you to change that post, and one says quote, which will start a new reply with the quote in it.

the actual tags are [ quote ] [ /quote] but usually it says originally posted by {user name} in italics and the content in bold

like that there?
    so what if i want to quote just a few words?
  • Options

so what if i want to quote just a few words?

tra la la la la la

Then in your reply field you can edit whatever they wrote, in theory you could write:

I am Osama Bin Laden

But most of the time you can just cut out the bits you don't want. (notice I have added tra la la la la la la (C) daisychainthing) :D
  • Options
    y dont u buy her a chain, i just bought my gf a chain and a ring quite nice and ive bin sein her about 3 weeks
  • Options
    hey every1, thanx for your suggestions.
    i bought the presents yesterday....
    i got hugo boss deep red (i sampled ralph lauren,nice but fruity,almost like bubble gum!)....i also got her a necklace with matchin ear rings from next (really nice!)....and 1 of those little grey furry teddys (the 1's you see on the front of cards and things).
    Im just hoping she'll like it all!
  • Options
    Sounds good to me.
    Once you know her jewellery tastes there nearly always the best in a nice presentation box. Something cute to go with it- your laughing!
    Hop you get your just rewards....