Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

arrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just been forced into going out with a new guy at work. he is a really cool bloke and apparently he really likes me. problem is im still in love with my ex and im scared about starting a new relationship especially when all i want to do is have a laugh with my mates right now. im not one of these people who lets people down straight away and i find it hard dumping boys. what im going to do is give a week and see what he is like if not then i dont know what?
any advice????? :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    How did you get forced into going out with him?
    It's hardly fair on him or you if it's not what you want.
  • Options
    Just see how it goes. Go on a date and see if yu like him. I'm sure that if he likes you and you tell him you don't want to get into anything too serious he'll understand. I'd go on 1 date to see what he's like though...you might end up really fancying him ;)
  • Options
    Join the club. People keep trying to set me up with people but I love my ex.

Then I end up in a mess because I don't like being rude and saying no :(

You're on the right path by giving it a week. But as Deeeby says, it aint really fair on you.
  • Options
  • Options
    you never know, it might turn out for the best, see how things go, take it slow, explain the situation, honesty from the start, its the best thing:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed

being set up (in that way) is a fucking dream!

Yeah, it'd be brilliant if I wasn't so fucked over by everything. They mean well :)
  • Options
  • Options
    i just go from guy to guy and its really hard for me to say no too so when ever i split up with someone one of my friends say hay i no this guy that has a friend and i just get pushed into it i keep telling them no but they keep doing it i hate dumping guys but now im being dumped on so there getting there own back on me
  • Options
    if he isn't what you are looking for at the moment then i guess you can't go out with him can you?

tell him that you are currently inbetween relationships and you don't want any commitment at the moment. that way you are giving him hope without giving him expectations that in the future you will go out with, and he will be able to get over you. this happened to me but then the person i fancied suddenly went weird and started saying i was stalking her and i just couldn't be bothered so i moved on in like a day. but i suppose it was for the best because i fancied someone else all along, and i thought it were bad, but it turned out to be so good :D
  • Options
    just thought ill let u know that i plucked up the courage to dump him. we agreed to be friends which is all we really were. the reason the relationship didnt work was that i had no physical attraction towards him which i think is vital. cheers guys!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    but i suppose it was for the best because i fancied someone else all along, and i thought it were bad, but it turned out to be so good :D

We know :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Follow Your Heart.
    That's what I say.
    There's no point in lying to urself, and to him if you know deep down that ur not sure about letting go of your ex.

I mean, i am still in love with my ex and wouldnt dream of goin out with anyone no matter who they set me up with, so if you're not 100% sure on it, don't do it. You'll only hurt the guy.

SweetLeaf X