Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

quitting the weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
after about 2 months of heavy smoking, preceded by about 6 months of heavy smoking on and off, i have just had a week off (not by choice, i have a chest infection and i cant smoke) and i officially dont feel any different for not having smoked every day... i thought at least my head might be a little bit clearer, or i might feel a bit more refreshed in the mornings, or something. but no. i feel exactly the same. in a way thats good cause it means that i can go back to smoking without worrying that im dulling my brain but on the other hand its a bit dissapointing. i thought i might suddenly gain another 20 iq points or something......

oh well just thought it point that out in case anyone was wondering what would happen if they quit. fuck all.

Comments

• Options
    Hey. After a long time of heavy smokin it can take quite a while for things to seem any different... And I think it may be because your mind gets conditioned into thinking that being stoned is 'normal', so when you stop smoking its almost like your stoned but you actually arent...

Try giving up for at least 3-6 months to see how much different you feel, at least youll get yer long term memory back a bit...

:yes:
  • Options
    naaaaa im quite happy with the way i feel... i just thought i might have forgotten what its like to feel normal or something. but if its a toss up between feeling how i feel now and getting stoned, or having a break for 6 months or whatever and then maybe having very slightly improved short term memory then ill stay how i am, im quite happy i have no complaints.
    i wouldnt even have had a break, just that i cant physically smoke at the moment with this chest infection... i just cough it up again and then cant breath properly for the next couple of hours.... its not good.
  • Options
    Ive been smoking weed everyday for the past 14 months, when i dont smoke im moody, quiet, a completley different person, when i smoke im calm, content in myself and a friendly upbeat person that would do anything for a laugh, i doubt that its by chance.
    What do you think? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    just thought id say for the record, i dont smoke in the day....
    its strictly an evening thing, but it got to the point where my routine for the last 6 months has been once ive done everything i need to do, i roll up several very big very well packed joints and smoke till i pass out. i thought that cant possibly be healthy but i honestly have never had one single bad side effect.
    that said, dont try this at home kids, what works for me might give you cannabis psychosis.... scary, i saw a programme about that the other night, ok it was a dodgy, badly made, badly scripted and in some ways quite biased documentary, i dont trust tv documentaries at all as a rule as they always seam to go out with the intention of proving something and then they just choose examples that support what they want to show.... but still, it obviously can happen, and i guess you wouldnt know it was happening to you, which is even more worrying..... hmmmmmmmmmm.. something to think about.
  • Options
    Originally posted by candylouise
    Ive been smoking weed everyday for the past 14 months, when i dont smoke im moody, quite, a completley different person, when i smoke im calm, content in myself and a friendly upbeat person that would do anything for a laugh, i doubt that its by chance.
    What do you think? :crazyeyes

I think withdrawal is an evil evil thing.