Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

slightly big arms,well plumbish really:(HELP!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, I know this is going to sound strange but I really hate the top of my arms:(....
This new years eve, it’s my boy friends parents’ 25th wedding anniversary party, at this posh hotel and everyone has got to dress up smart! I promised my boyfriends mum that I would wear a dress( don’t ask me why) I haven’t wore a dress since I was like 6, even though I would so love to wear one, I dread to think what my arms would look like( there not absolutely massive :) but they are kind of plumbish :( and im really getting paranoid in wearing a dress!
ive told my boyfriend, and he suggested that I do something about it if it makes me feel any better(he said I have nothing to worry about, my arms are fine.(but blokes always say that to make you feel better) I am a dress size 10-12, so im not huge:) its just my arms.
My boyfriend wrote me out a exercise plan to tone up my arms, I managed to do it twice, but I lost interest, and forgot about it, I cant afford to go to the gym either"
Could anyone please help me, as I only HAVE 4WEEKS TILL NEW YEARS EVE AND I WANT TO TONE UP MY ARMS, can anyone give me any advice about toning up, or any other advice at all?
It would be really appreciated because I have very little days left?
Thanks x x :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Buy a dress that takes the emphasis away from your arms - simple.
  • Options
    ok... if you live anywhere in the UK pop down to Debenhams and make an appointment with the Personal Shopper. (Or if you dont live in the UK there might be something similar where ever you live) They'll will no doubt be able to find you something to make you feel a bit more comfortable in.

Stick to a fixed routine with your toning exercises. If you're determined it will all pay off. Get your boyfriend to join in with you!!!!!
    :D

Good luck!
  • Options
    The only way to tone up any part of your body is exercise. Good ones for arms are swimming and running. You have to do it regularly though, you can't just go once or twice, it takes dedication. And no excuses - running is free!
  • Options
    i know i didnt get much feed back from my post, maybe its not thats much of a serious reason,thats why harldy no-one replyed!
    anyway sorry to moun, but i am thankful for some peoples feed back, and im going to take up swimming because that is ment to be a good form of exercise, im going to do that 3 times a week, and its doesnt cost that much either, its also ment to be v.good for your arms, so if i do that 3 times a week for 3weeks then i hope it will give my arms some improvment!? what do you guys reakon?? would i have to eat a well balanaced diet aswell??:confused: im not really sure how it all works out??
    BUT i will def be taken up my exercies!
    i went shopping 2day and couldnt find one single dress anywhere, there all really skimpy :( but hopefully one will tickle my fancy and ill just go for the plunge:) anyway more feed back on them questions would be lovely :) .
  • Options
    Exercise is a good plan for getting your arms in shape in the long term, but for this party I'd suggest getting a pretty light weight shawl or scarve to drape over your shoulders, thus covering the offending area! That way you can wear whatever dress you want :) Plus that look is VERY this season...
  • Options
    Go to the gym, do work on your bicep and tricep muscles..Or just use stuff at home...full tins of soup make good, very light dumbells..

To tone your arms, you need to lift weights.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    Exercise is a good plan for getting your arms in shape in the long term, but for this party I'd suggest getting a pretty light weight shawl or scarve to drape over your shoulders, thus covering the offending area! That way you can wear whatever dress you want :) Plus that look is VERY this season...

That was what I did at my prom, and it looked absolutely amazing :)

Or get a beautiful skirt, and a beautiful matching long sleeved top (though it could get rather hot, so I'd go with the first suggestion. Worked for me, as I wrote).
  • Options
    Well, you pretty much have to suck it up and keep doing your toning exercises. Even if you are bored with them or whatever, no pain no gain, right? Swimming sounds like a great idea and so does the shawl, to those who recommended that. It basically takes 6 weeks to notice a change in your body from exercises, but I've heard of some people seeing a difference in less time than that, so don't get discouraged. Good luck!