Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

England Has Worst Crime Rate In Europe ~~

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just read this on one of our gun boards...I can drag it over if desired but frankly I just had to ask:

Why do you put up with it?

Is it lost self esteme or what...? When I was a kid the 'ol pirate kingdom' was not made up of folks who allowed the criminal element to mess with them! What do you blame this problem on? Is it all internan, growing criminal element, racial, emigrant, social decay...?

Where are you going with this criminal fifth column element in your midst?

:eek2:

Comments

• Options
    Highest Rate of

teenage pregnancies too (see the 12 year old girl thread).

Although, religion may be and wrongly so be the cause of many wars (which is what atheists bring up) it is also a source of morals. Believing in God, and in accountability gives someone a purpose and reason to be ethical and not commit crime, etc. Otherwise the criminal has the attitude "I am gonna die and what the heck, I'm not going to get caught..." whereas if you believe in God you at least accept God knows everything and will make you accountable.

8.00pm Mon ITV. Tonight with Trevor McDonald Pre-Teen Pregnancy Investigation into why Britain has such a bad record on pre-teenage pregnancy in comparison with the rest of Europe, canvassing the views of health experts and talking to some of the country's youngest parents for a first-hand perspective
  • Options
    Re: Highest Rate of
    Originally posted by Aisha
    Although, religion may be and wrongly so be the cause of many wars (which is what atheists bring up) it is also a source of morals. Believing in God, and in accountability gives someone a purpose and reason to be ethical and not commit crime, etc. Otherwise the criminal has the attitude "I am gonna die and what the heck, I'm not going to get caught..." whereas if you believe in God you at least accept God knows everything and will make you accountable.

Err... excuse me?!

First of all, not all gods are all-knowing. Theistic ones are, by definition, but there are non-theistic gods. Most of the Norse gods, for example, were not blessed with total knowledge; only Odin had foreknowledge of the future.

Secondly, are you really so naïve as to think that belief in a god automatically prevents someone from acting 'immorally' or 'unethically'? (Whatever those last words mean. Do you have definitions?) I'm pretty sure we can scour the archives and find plenty of examples of believers who acted in the most atrocious ways. (But I forget: you will doubtless contend that such people were not 'true believers' or some such, yes?)

Thirdly, it is also not the case that atheists are de facto 'immoral' or 'unethical,' or somehow bound to become criminals. I offer myself and my own conduct as counterexamples to that assertion.
  • Options
    Re: England Has Worst Crime Rate In Europe ~~
    Originally posted by Diesel
    I just read this on one of our gun boards...I can drag it over if desired but frankly I just had to ask:

Why do you put up with it?

Is it lost self esteme or what...? When I was a kid the 'ol pirate kingdom' was not made up of folks who allowed the criminal element to mess with them! What do you blame this problem on? Is it all internan, growing criminal element, racial, emigrant, social decay...?

Where are you going with this criminal fifth column element in your midst?

:eek2:

I have no damned idea. It sickens me, it really does. Perhaps it does have something to do with a lack of a Second Amendment over here -- certainly it seems that 'self defence' is frowned upon.

By the way, do you mean England... or Britain? :D
  • Options
    Britain is England, Wales(where all the singing is coming from), Scotland. amd Northern Ireland.

England is ........well.......England!

Did I get that right?:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Murph the Surf
    Britain is England, Wales(where all the singing is coming from), Scotland. amd Northern Ireland.

England is ........well.......England!

Did I get that right?:confused:

England is England.
    Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales.
    The United Kingdom is England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    Yes, England has the highest rate in Europe.
    The USA has the highest rate in the Western world. I fail to see your point. Please sort your own problems out before you point out ours, there's a good lad.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Wasnt this brought up before by either you or thanatos, a few months back? Most of these crime figures are for mobile phone thefts which has really pushed the numbers up, but its hardly worth shooting people over is it? (or cutting their hands off)
  • Options
    At the risk of getting into another g*n argument, let's just say the person who started this thread comes from the most shockingly violent country in the Western world (and we all know why that is). And as such he is ill-qualified to give advice or lessons on how to keep the peace in our blissfully g*n-free country and Continent.

Stick to the fantasy world of g*n boards if you want to discuss this pointless issue please.
  • Options
    Actually the subject came up ... again! As an almost new topic of conversation from my source.

btw, I really have no quarrel with anyone who does not wish to defend themselves...just means more for me!

Looks like Tuesday may be 'jumpoff' day...get ready!

seeit_shootit.jpg
  • Options
    Indeed, Great Britain is the union of England, Wales and Scotland; the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is just that.

Of course, learning not to identify England with Britain is a similar problem to identifying all the states of the American Union. As our cousins have reminded us on several occasions, if one takes as sample points the various States of the USA one gets a strong negative correlation between civilian firearms ownership and violent crime rates. (Extremes: California vs. Oregon and Washington, IIRC.)

Of course, if one widens the sample space to include various Third World countries, the "an armed society is a polite society" correlation breaks down entirely.

The moral, of course, is that it's not how many measurements you make that matters -- it's which ones you choose to ignore. :)

(And our American cousins probably have as much 'right' to lecture us about law and order in our land as we do to lecture them about it in theirs... or how they choose to prosecute foreign wars.)