Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

twitches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Slightly strange topic i know but has anyone ever suffered from a twitch?

I used to have a really bad neck twitch when i was about 14 and got the piss taken out of me reguarly by the local lads. I grew out of it (i think) but just over the last two months it's returned and it's now worse than it used to be.
My neck feels realy tight as if i've got a really constricting jumper on and i'm always stretching my neck to try and loosen the feeling. This seems to have turned into my twitch again and now it's starting to get me down. But it's not just if i'm stressed, i do it at home without thinking when i'm watching telly or reading a book etc.

Anyone know how to tackle this? My dads suggested physio to try and loosen my muscles but my mum suggested popping to the doctors (which i'd rather not do as i clam up when trying to talk to doctors)

Comments

• Options
    Hi Carolina, your Mum is right. Go off and get it checked out and diagnosed properly. We can't even see you, and most of the people who use this forum are not medicallly qualified, so they can't give you the right advice.

It could be anything from a tic to a trapped nerve, and they may be some good NHS treatment that your doctor can refer you for.
  • Options
    If you clam up when talking to doctors, you could always write down what you want to say, so that you don't end up leaving without saying it. It sounds like you do need to go and see a doctor....they may refer you to a physio, or suggest other methods of treatment. Good luck, Tates xxx
  • Options
    It might be a tremor, I used to have one in my leg. Which can be related to over consumption of caffiene, nerves or can be indicative of other underlying health issues. So get down the doctor, it's probably nothing serious but it's best to know.