Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Harlequin - notes for the record..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just in case y'all don't know, Harlequin is our rape supporting ex-poster Steelgate's latest pseudonym.

Thought this might be relevant information when you are considering his posts...

Comments

• Options
    Care to explain how you know?

:confused:
  • Options
    The profiles for steelgate(stealgate and stee1gate) and Harlequin are the same. ?? They are BTW

Thanks M.O.K
  • Options
    What about all the war supporters on here! War in anyones opinion is the greatest crime of all. And by the way I never said that I support rape in the same way I would never support theft but each individual case has to judged on its own merits for example if someone stole because they were poor then that has to be taken into account!
  • Options
    And so what sort of justification could you conceivably offer for rape? blame it on the girl's clothing??? :rolleyes:

"Sorry your honour, it was her short skirt..... I was unable to control myself, honest!!!"

Drop it Harlequin before you dig yourself in deeper.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DJP
    Care to explain how you know?

:confused:

Own admission, on liv4now for a start...but I think he's just confirmed it.

@ Clandestine, he reasoning was that if someone needs something they have a right to take it. If someone is hungry they have the right to steal bread, if they are horny they have the right to rape someone...

It got him banned not long ago...
  • Options
    I certainly hope he never has any daughters then! :eek2:
  • Options
    Harlequin may have done himself no favours with his phrasing, but surely what he's really arguing is that some allegations of rape are not, upon investigation, justified. We've heard, similarly, that theft is not considered as serious a crime under shariah law if the perpetrator is in dire need, and so their hands are spared. That doesn't mean that a proven rape can be defended on the grounds of necessity.

I may be wrong about this...
  • Options
    Uncle Joe, here, make up your own mind.

posted by steelgate 24/09
    "... But I never said rape was the fault of women just that people have a need for sex and that in many cases rape is not that serious if someone has been unable to get it any other way and has only resorted to rape out of desperation. In those cases people need to be more sympathetic to the rapist."
  • Options
    Well, I am wrong then, or else Steelgate has a very strange definition of 'rape', in which case it's not surprising that he keeps getting banned :(
  • Options
    Angus, you are banned. Please stop using our message boards..
This discussion has been closed.