Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What would you do in this situation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's all about making the first move, I have searched high and low on the forums but cant find owt about first dates/sat on sofa/watching dvd type of scene :D

Anyway, yeh, sat on the sofar, side by side, say 20cms apart, watching DVD, a bit typsy and not sure whether the girl next to you likes u as much as you like her....but you want to find out, you HOW? How do you make the first move?

BTW: it's the girls house and her parents are on holiday, just me, her, ........and the dog. Me being a bloke of course.

It's already happened once, but nothing happened, but next time I want to find out!

Cheers in advance for advice :naughty:

Comments

• Options
    Shag the dog.
  • Options
    Right, this girl invited u round her house, correct? A free house, yeah? I think she likes ya! i mean if i had a free house i wouldn't invite a bloke round who i just wanted to be mates with coz what would be the point of the free house? If this situation happens again then it's a pretty good bet that she does like u in that way and u might just have 2 pluck up the courage and make the first move, alright mate?
    loopy loz xXx
  • Options
    yeh but it seemed so sterile when we where watching the dvd's....but i guess your right, and i do feel like a right pillock for not doing anything. But what do you think she feels "oh my god, what a dick"?

:eek2:
  • Options
    fine, if u think she's gonna think that then just try dropping hints - start subtly then if she still doesn't get it drop bigger hints and if she still doesn't get it then drop it altogether! You must be able 2 tell a little bit about how she feels by the way she acts around u???
  • Options
    I think if she wanted sex then she'd have shown you to her bedroom:D

Lets face it, which room will she feel most comfortable in? even though shes got the house to herself, I reckon she would still wanna go to her room.

So make an excuse that you wanna see her C.D collection, and while youre there listen to them..........and the rest is history;)
  • Options
    I'm shy, but yeah if I was alone and someone invited me around like that well sure they probably like you, it's not like it's about the DVD eh ;)
    Move closer I say. Lots closer. And hopefully she will feel the same, if not, rejection I fear is a bitter pill to swallow, but you gotta take the chance :) might never come again and then how much would you kick yourself.
  • Options
    OK! Am gona make it happen.

I can't figure out how she felt. It was kind of like a mutual thing. We went to get some booze, talked a bit, ate this microwave dinner together, then watched DVDs. She turned all the lights off and stuff whcih is in a way a hint but made things worse. I wanted to check out what exactly she was doing, it seemed she always had a glass in her hand so that stopped me at one point. Tricky, very tricky.
  • Options
    what do you want from her? just sex or more than that? how well do u know her? sorry im in a very nosey mood tonight!!
  • Options
    loopy loz, i want her affection. I want her to like me as much as she likes me. I've never felt as much for a female as I do for her, everytime I picture her inside my head i get a numb feeling, i just want her to be with me all the time. The only thing is i dont know what she feels. i just hope i haven't blew it already with the sterile "watching dvds" night.

I feel like a plonka. I don't just want sex, infact I am still a virgin and i think she is too, it would just be the perfect relationship. I just care for her loads and want to be with her.
  • Options
    I know her quite well btw...forgot to answer that part. She is on of my sisters best friends, thats how we met. My sister and her got real drunk one night, so did I at my mates then we went walking all together. Whilst my mate looked after my sister, we strolled along behind and she just stopped, looked me in the eyes and it happened. It was real romantic, even tho we were a bit smashed.
  • Options
    She wants you

From what you've said shes been sending you signals BIGTIME, i imagine shes quite frustrated you haven't picked up on em...
  • Options
    That's actually qutie a good reply, but i think i blew it because I ASKED her to come out to the pub tomorow night (well, tonight seeing as its friday now!) but she says if she can't get down she's off to a college party, that part made me proper jealous of what might happen.

I want her loads, I hope your right :( If she come's tonight, it's make a move time just me and her somewhere and I will tell her about my feelings. Hope it works out. I've found out all the buses and routes she can get to the pub by, I'm that eager to see her. I am also getting my driving license next week, it doesn't matter how much it costs I just need to see her more often......given a good reply tonight that is :)

Thanks people! You want me to tell you all how it goes?
  • Options
    Yeah I was gunna say, make sure you tell us how it goes!
  • Options
    Well, sitting there watching DVD's isn't the best thing to do. Better to listen to music, then you can look at eachother and talk, rather than just stare at the gogglebox. Then you might find out how much she likes you. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Cheers for telling me now! We where listening to music before DVDs! I bought some CDs around and we where listening to them and talking quite well.....bagga. I really made a cockpup dint I?
  • Options
    ok i am a bit plastered now so excuse the typo's

I aksed her to come, but she said its too expensicve for taxi, then i offered to pay and she till said its too expensive. ayway, i then assumed she wasnt coming at all, i then told her via text msg, that i really liked her, and that i can stop seeing her. she replied daying that she doesnt know what to say, and that she never thought about it before.????????????

so what was the invite around the house for? surely it crossed her mind before? anyway, she says it might be awkward being freidnds with my sister (she's my friends best friend or sometyhing) but i rpelied saying i like her so much that it doesnt even matter to me.

please god, let it happpen, i want her so much.

cheers..pleasted scooter.
  • Options
    Ok, either she really means she hadn't thought about it before, or she has thought about it, and you've taken her by surprise. She's come up with some excuses though, which I'm not sure are a good sign, unless she's just playing hard to get.
    Oh, I dunno. You're just going to have to ask her again next time you see her.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Just before i go to work...

She rekons she is not good girlfriend in material and she needs some time to think about it. But isn't that for me to decide? Or is she just trying to make an excuse?

:confused:
  • Options
    spoke to my sister more today, and she says that ths girl just likes to have male friends and apparantley has them round all the time. Maybe I am just another sterile friend? But I don't know if I can see her again and not be attracted to her, or breakdown :(
  • Options
    hiya! Why dont u try get in2 sum stupid cushion fight or tickle her or summin? that way u kinda end up on top of one another and its sorted! Thats how me and my ex got together!
  • Options
    Originally posted by scoot69er
    I don't just want sex, infact I am still a virgin and i think she is too, it would just be the perfect relationship. I just care for her loads and want to be with her.
    That's what I thought, it just confused me when Beckyboo started talking about sex - i thought i might have got the wrong end of the stick!
    Trying to be mates with people who you want as a gf/bf is not easy at all i should know! Anything else happened recently? If she does just have lots of bloke mates then maybe she does just see you as a mate. Or she could like you but just doesn't feel ready for a relationship with you yet. Have you talked about it face to face yet because it's a lot easier to get across what you want to say than by text.
  • Options
    No face to face since that night, and I can't imagine what it would be like meeting her again and pluking up the courage i once had to have a discussion about it.

There's a lot going on at the mo, just need a break I will post when I have more time, sorry.
  • Options
    Gutted but releived

found out the real truth about the whole thing...

Apparantley she likes someone else, but just want's to be friends with me. So I was just there for comfort, she really likes me but likes this other person who she goes to college with and see's a lot (yet my sister thinks he's a shithead....sry for language).

I can't bare to think of how long it's gona take to get over it but hoping to have a good night out on friday as friends, karaoke hopfully! yipeee.

Best get fishing again, though to find someone equally as good is going to be hard (stop it! I have to forget about that!).:rolleyes:
  • Options
    don't worry babe i :heart: ya! and it may be a cliche and u may not wanna believe it but there's plenty more fish in the sea!
  • Options
    Personally as a girl I have done these things to make that move:

- complain about being cold, so he offers to give you a hug

- Pretend to be drunker than I am so he offers a hand to steady you, or an arm round you

- Have a play fight

Basically anything which gets that physical closeness. Good luck.
  • Options
    Oops sorry just read the updates. Never mind mate, you can use my tips on someone else.
  • Options
    The thing i can't stand now is that she is being really funny/assy with me in txt msgs lately. Since I told me sister I had feelings for her friend, her friend (what this subject is all about) didn't like it even though she told me she didn't care if i told my sister. Why is she being really weird with me tho? Like not laughing at my jokes, and playing along, just answering back in an assy mood. Whats this a symbol of?

Also, WHY ARE ALL DANCE MUSIC TUNES ABOUT LOVE! I CANT LISTEN TO DANCE MUSIC EVER AGAIN!:mad:
  • Options
    PussyKatty....everyone...

Everything you have said on here which relates to making a move she did :mad: She kept saying she was cold, we played the music cd's, we sat together on the couch and watched GHOST, I mean, was I stupid not to think anything? She chose that movie too.

But now she is thinking about someone else. Do you think I could reverse my "pillockness" by going out as a group of friends and being a bit more of a player? Or if anything happens should I keep my cool and just say soemthing like I don't want to have to go through all that love and hurt about you again, I think we shoud just be friends?

This is like a really hard equation...and I ain't too good at maths :eek2:
  • Options
    When i said player above i ment should I act as if I am more "up4fun" and if she approaches me the way she did the first night, go for it? Or just reFrAIn and keep my cool.....?:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    Shag the dog.

You just saved my relationship.

Was on my mobile to my girlfriend and she's just spent fucking ages telling me a "funny" story when she gets to the end it's just not funny. I then erupt in laughter at this and everyones happy :D.

Cheers mate :)