Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

long term ecstasy use

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ello, new 2 the site, glad i found it!!
just wanted 2 c if there were any ecstasy users here and wot kind of feelings and reactions u may have towards society, e.g. looking at everyone or maybe bein a wee bit paranoid, it wud be great 2 hear from u!!:)

Comments

• Options
    I'm not what I would describe as an hardened user, but I have been using for about 3 years on and off and I've probally done 250+ pills, so heres my opinion.

Pills/mdma are excellent, there really isnt any beating the feeling you get from them, however it really doesnt last and as much as people tell you most will over do it and then ruin it for themselves. I am one of those, including the night with me double dropping a tri-mitzi, 1/2g of base and a tab of cid.
    I have to do at least double of any of my friends and I can see that they are getting a better effect than me. I'm not really bitter about it though, I had a good run at it, cained it with the best of them and danced till my legs were warn down to small stubs.

I think most people just find that their pills use levels off after a while, I think mine was relatively normal, I discovered them, my use grew, I went out a lot, spent all my money on buying crap pills in clubs, did too much and then cooled off a bit.

I now only do them, well I've done them maybe three times this year, mostly at home in a chilled setting, just a nice dose of pure mdma (120-150mg + suplements) and a few spliffs, then talk a lot of crap and go to sleep.

I few words of warning though, always buy your pills from someone you know, this isnt as hard as it used to be, if you find a dealer selling good pills in a club, get his/her mobile number. They will be glad of the business.
    If you can test your pills, that way you know even better what you are getting.
    And most of all, dont do too many, it will fuck you up and ruin your enjoyment of them.

In general I have opened up quite a bit during the time that I have used pills but I dont really think that they were the cause, just my situation. I do think that mdma can help friendships/relationships if used properly though.
  • Options
    In the same boat as you bongbudda, use to flog the little fella's so use to have more than my fair share after a while i was taking anything up to 6 or 7 a night (keeping in mind that i am female) danced till lunchtime the following day. Loved it as i was going through it but looking back use to have a bit of a better buzz when i use to take 2 or 3 then after that would always be chasing the feeling.

Now i have cut back down again and am happy with it!!:D
  • Options
    I take pills most weekend, I love them, but when I wake up the next morning thats as far as it goes, I try my hardest not to apply anything to do with drug use to the real world, I think thats playing with fire.

I also reckon I'm still to experience one single negative effect from pills after nearly two years of constant use, certainly no paranoia.
  • Options
    Have to agree with Ebb. Pills are for when i'm clubbing, no other time. For me, i get a little introverted on them, but just in that i'm in my own little world on the dance floor "doing my thang" :D Only bad affect i get is i am ALWAYS sick on em. If i got out at say 8pm, i'll of thrown up by midnight. Only once, and i feel great afterwards. I duuno what it is. I've tried staying off the ale, drinking it, mixing drinks, not mixing em, just water, just OJ, just coke (a cola) and nothing, not one combination stops me heaving. Weird.
  • Options
    totally! i find the more u do pills u do out, the harder it is i find to have fun whilst bein sober, fuck it!!
    on the good side, they open your mind to free self expression, unity feelings of how good things can be, u go clubbin and reality goes bye bye, every1 on the same wave length, go to www.picklepromotions.com then click on contributions at the top and read "The Ravers Manifesto", TIS SO TRUE ;)
  • Options
    :crazyeyes

I've been doing the disco biscuits for a few months now and don't regret it! The one thing that I do regret is that I now can't go out and have fun with out popping a few!!

It opened up a whole new clubbing expereince for me when I took my first one! You have greater appreciation of the music and the people around you. It feels like it just you and the music in the club. Like no one else is there. The night goes so fast, you don't know where the time has gone.

The bit I hate is coming home and looking at yourself in the mirror, with those massive black eyes that are looking everywhere else except in front. The white face, big red lips and the jaw that looks like it has been bashed a bit.

Then you've got the can't go to the loo, can't sleep or eat and the days of tiredness and fatigue.

But I love doing them and I put up with the 'come down' as they are mind blowing
    .:eek2:
  • Options
    I know what you mean about chasing the high, I find that a lot with wizz when I'm doing it, I'll do a little, then I just end up doing lots of little bits and not really getting a big rush but staying up for days.

I think everyone is different with pills, I mean some people can cain them evey weekend for years on end and some only have a short time span in which to enjoy them before it goes sour.
  • Options
    Pre/Postload

---
    The bit I hate is coming home and looking at yourself in the mirror, with those massive black eyes that are looking everywhere else except in front. The white face, big red lips and the jaw that looks like it has been bashed a bit.

Then you've got the can't go to the loo, can't sleep or eat and the days of tiredness and fatigue.
    ---

You -must- pre and postload if you are seriously considering extacy usage.

You can find 5-HTP in most health stores and pharmacies.
    5-HTP is the natural precurer of serotin, witch is most lost after a night of rolling.
    Serotin controls your sleep, mood, appetide and more.
    Also for the jaw-bashing :)
    use Magnesium .. also found in local health stores.
    And of course Vitamin C to counter neurotoxicity.

I personally use:

Preload:
    5-HTP - 200-400mg
    Vitamin C - 1000mg
    L-Glutamine - 2-5 grams
    Magnesium - 500-1000mg

Postload:
    5-HTP - 200-400mg
    Vitamin C - 1000mg
    Magnesium - 500-1000mg

Have fun :)

Also checkout the E-Boards over at www.dancesafe.org, you will learn a whole lot about harm reduction there.

(sorry about the bad spelling .. I'm from Iceland :D)
  • Options
    Do you take the magnisium for jaw tightness, and if you do do you find it works?

As for the Vit C, I'd balance that out with some calcium carbonate (chalk) if you are going to pre-load with it. Its quite acidic and as mdma is a type of amphetamine thats how your body flushes it out, therefore it might not last as long.

I have found 5-htp to be relatively effective, but I wouldnt take it before you take the pills, just after, I find it causes me to have more of a mongy high if I do it before. Although for the 'mid-week blues' I've found that matrazapean is the best. However thats only available of prescription.
  • Options
    Magnesium relaxes the muscles and yes .. i have found it quite affective against jaw tightness.

I Preload with 5-HTP about 10hours prior of rolling, increases the serotin in the brain so it has either
    1) More fuel (serotin) to "burn up" if i'm rolling 4-5 pills.
    2) More fuel (serotin) to be left after rolling .. if i'm rolling 1-2 pills.

And then postload the following day.

This of course varies from person to person .. but this has worked great for me :D
  • Options
    Also one could Preload with L-Tyrosin to enhance the "speedy-ness" of the pill
    L-Tyrosin is the direct precusor of Dopamin.

and then Preloading with DLPA can proloung the roll.

Great info can be found here:
    http://www.planetraver.com/chemistry/
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    mdma is a type of amphetamine

You mean just like water is a type of oxygen? Believe me when I say MDMA is not a type of amphetamine!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive is right.
  • Options
    Many people believe that the name [MDMA] implies a mixture of ingredients but this is wrong - just as water is not a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen although it's molecule consists of hydrogen and oxygen atoms. Like water, MDMA is a compound, not a mixture. So, although the name contains the word amphetamine and the law refers to MDMA as a 'psychedelic amphetamine', MDMA contains no amphetamine. However, the amphetamine-like effects are probably due to similar dopamine release due to having a similar molecular structure, although MDMA releases serotonin in preference to dopamine.

Ecstasy Reconsidered by Nicholas Saunders
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    according to Erowid:

If you slice off the first methylenedioxy ring you get methamphetamine -- then replace the NHCH3 with NH2 and you're looking at amphetamine.

You can check out the chemical structure of Amfetamin here -> http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/amphetamines/amphetamines_chemistry.shtml
    and MDMA here -> http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_chemistry.shtml
    to see what he's talking about.

And it goes on:
    MDMA is *chemically* an amphetamine, but psychologically its whats known as an empathogen-entactogen. There is some amphetamine stimulant quality left, which enhances the empathogenic quality.
  • Options
    To put a long story short.
    MDMA is not Amfetamin.
  • Options
    Not that any of it really matter's!

Long as it get you fucked ...right? ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    heheh
    /me agrees :D
  • Options
    Correct, MDMA does not contain any aphetamine, however it is very similar to methamphetamine.

It is a stimulant, I dont think you can deny that, and I was suggesting that because of its similar structure, it is highly probable that it is expelled from the body in a similar way.

If you look at MDMA and methaphetamine at an atomic level, MDMA is just meth with one more carbon atom and 2 oxygen. The basic 'ring' of meth is still there and exactly the same.