Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Monarchy debacle

What had promised to be the year in which the Monarchy regained its former respect and support from the public has suddenly turned into one sorry and messy affair. How long ago the Jubilee celebrations now seem! And how little could anyone guess that the collapse of a trial of a deceased princess’ butler would provoke a chain reaction of events, accusations and revelations that threaten to destroy the Monarchy itself.

There’s lots of politics involved in here. Buckingham Palace vs. the Police, Buckingham Palace vs. St. James’ Palace, servants vs. servants, and of course tabloids vs. tabloids. New rape allegations, secret tapes with explosive accusations, corruption… forget Eastenders, this real life soap opera tops it all! Most amazing are the claims that one member of the Royal Family was somehow involved in the rape of a Palace servant. Probably not true, but it’s not doing any good to the already battered image of the Windsors. I almost feel sorry for the Queen.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't ;)

I'm not sure if there was any involvement from a member of the Royal Family in the alledged rape itself, or just in a cover-up. Either way it certainly raises more questions about the conspiracy/trial comments I made last week...
  • Options
    Apparently there are details of an actual member of the royal family raping a servant on that tape...............
  • Options
    Mmmm.... Andrew or Edward? Tough call.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Mmmm.... Andrew or Edward? Tough call.

Depends on the sex of the servant ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Depends on the sex of the servant ;)

toe me the royal family can stuff themseleves... they cost the uk goverment more and more... sure the dianna fiasco over the last few months cost a lot... think of all the wasted man hours that the police wasted... for what? some old biddy who should haves houted out a few months... maybe years earlier... i feel enraged at the amount of taxpayers money spent on this... and at what benefit? :mad:
  • Options
    for the first time ever i'm actualy looking forward to the coming queens speech. stuff about new laws to deal with disfunctional individuals and families. every estate has them. is she going to burst out laughing and throw her crown at the camera. burst into tears. drop dead. say.."oh fuck this " and walk off. OR...is she going to hand a sick note in. my money is on the sick note !
    surely she isn't going to look us in the eye and tell us this crock of shit with a straight face.