Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Friday laugh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the most powerful man in the world.
look closely...

Comments

• Options
    "I see no ships" - Admiral Lord Nelson
  • Options
    lmao :lol:
  • Options
    U.S. Army ARDEC, AMSTA-AR-PCW-D, Bldg 10, Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey 07806-5000

l4_b&w.jpg
  • Options
    Heaven forbid that we should laugh at GWB, eh Greenhat?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    WARNING, SENSE OF HUMOUR FAILURE.
  • Options
    oi, oi, oi :o and still 2 more years.

but look at the bright side... check out that man on the left side...
  • Options
    What about the photo of Bush holding a book upside down? Is that also a standard-issue army item? ;):D
  • Options
    im scared:nervous: :crying:
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name

check out that man on the left side...

:eek2:
    I am worried for you.
    Seems to me as if you literally don't care who he is, what he looks like, how old he is, as long as he is wearing a uniform.

:p
  • Options
    Ahhhh Ben, that explains why Bushie boy could never find Bin Laden! lol. :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Heaven forbid that we should laugh at GWB, eh Greenhat?

Laugh if you like, but know what you are laughing at. In this case, I'd say you are laughing at your own ignorance.
  • Options
    Whowhere, I suspect youre correct about the loss of humour. Probably had his head kicked in one too many times in the (ahem) "real world". :lol: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Greenhat, in case your eyes aren't working properly, 2 clues that say the things on the end of the binos aren't camouflage:
    1)They are solid
    2)They are obviously lens caps.

Please, if you can explain why Bush would for ANY reason be using camouflaged binoculars, whilst the man next to him is wearing glasses that would reflect light anyway :rolleyes:

DOH!

Wait you can't, Bush is a dumbass and so are you for trying to make excuses for him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Laugh if you like, but know what you are laughing at. In this case, I'd say you are laughing at your own ignorance.

Nope, laughing at the stupidity of the leader of the world and those around him, in particular the military for not pointing out the error. Oopsis!
  • Options
  • Options
    Actually Greenhat what I am laughing at is a picture which makes Bush look stupid, even if the reality of the picture is different.

I laugh at cartoon sometimes, especially those with Wile E Coyote, I suppose I shouldn't really, because there is no way in reality that it is real...

Point is, it's called a sense of humour. Obviously being in the services means that you cannot laugh at your Commander in Chief... either that or you are just a humourless bugger...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    What about the photo of Bush holding a book upside down? Is that also a standard-issue army item? ;):D

he must be out trying to find proof that the book was acutally coded, and the only way to interpert it was to hold it upside down.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Greenhat, in case your eyes aren't working properly, 2 clues that say the things on the end of the binos aren't camouflage:
    1)They are solid
    2)They are obviously lens caps.

Please, if you can explain why Bush would for ANY reason be using camouflaged binoculars, whilst the man next to him is wearing glasses that would reflect light anyway :rolleyes:

DOH!

Wait you can't, Bush is a dumbass and so are you for trying to make excuses for him.

A fairly low resolution photograph that is not from straight on and you can tell without question if they are ARDs or lenscaps? But you can't identify a B2 in flight? Uh, huh...

ARDs resemble lenscaps because they replace them. They often have retainers because they are removed for use in darkness (ARDs do interfere with the ability of binoculars to gather light). The honeycomb pattern is only evident from straight on and with very close examination.

Most US ground forces binoculars are equipped with Anti-reflection devices. If we are to believe you, the President gets to use the rare set that isn't. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Jesus, lighten up.

It was a JOKE, you know, ha ha?

Who gives a flying fuck if they were real lenscaps or not? What is the point of arguing about it?

• Options
    He's military, therefore he thinks he's God.

As for the B2 thing, it's fairly difficult to be able to spot a stealth bomber at night if it is designed to not be seen, don't you think?
    Or have your eyes been upgraded as well as your ability to be anal?
  • Options
    Incidentally, the offending picture appeared in the newspaper today. A before and after shot.
    The offending items WERE lenscaps, and Bush removed them after one of the guys next to him told him his mistake. A washington insider admitted the other day that this was very embarrassing for the president.
  • Options
    1 humble pie to go please :D
  • Options
    Incidentally, the offending picture appeared in the newspaper today. A before and after shot.
    The offending items WERE lenscaps, and Bush removed them after one of the guys next to him told him his mistake. A washington insider admitted the other day that this was very embarrassing for the president.

Or maybe a photographer or public affairs officer told him what it looked like...
  • Options

Or maybe a photographer or public affairs officer told him what it looked like...

The Mail cited the source as a senior Pentagon officer.

Where's that humble pie got to?

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Vox populi, vox Dei

The Mail cited the source as a senior Pentagon officer.

Just depends on what qualifies as a senior officer. Public Affairs officers are attached to the Pentagon. And Pentagon officers would be less likely to realize that you can see through the binos with the "caps" (ARDs) on.
  • Options

Oh purlease :lol:

No wonder Bush spends so much time squinting, if your tongue is so far up his arse :rolleyes:

Take the blinkers off Greenhat, have a good laugh, and move on...
  • Options

Nope, it was one of the guys next to him, like I said. And I think a 3/4 star general has a wee bit more experience than you.

Just admit you are wrong and move on.
  • Options

Nope, it was one of the guys next to him, like I said.

You were there, huh?
  • Options
    No more than you were obviously, but the pictoral record pretty much speaks for itself. Just cant admit you could possibly be wrong is that it Greenhat? :rolleyes: :lol:
  • Options

You were there, huh?

No, the guy who took the photo was, and he said it was one of the soldiers standing next to him.

Anyway, at the end of the day, they are lenscaps, if they weren't lenscaps, the president wouldn't have removed them.

FFS, just admit you are wrong and stop being so anal about the whole thing, jeez.