Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

best album in the world?????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
just wanted to know what the ppl on the boards consider the best album ever?

my one is probably Red hot chili's - blood sugar sex magic

i also really like incubus - morning view though
or offspring - ixnay on the hombre

ok thats three woops :(:blush:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    AC/DC Live at Donington

but also (not quite as good)

Metallica - Load
    Motorhead - Overnight Sensation
    Just outta the album's I've heard, the best are Echo park by feeder, or enema of the state by blink 182.

Might be able to add comfort in sound there soon. Haven't got it yet - I like Feeder a lot so it probably would be. :)
    Hmmm, can't really name just one...

Oasis - Heathen Chemistry
    Eminem - The Eminem Show
    D12 - Devis Night
    All Global Underground albums
    Trance 'n Bass (Free with this months Mixmag)
    I think Stereophonics - Word Gets Around.

Classic tracks.
    Pink Floyd : The Wall.

If you've heard it it wont need an explanation, of you havan't words will not be good enough.

Also mentions :

Sneaker Pimps first album (i never said i was good with names)

The Cure : Disintergration

NIN : The downward Spiral

Prodigy : Music for the jilted generation

Portishead : Dummy

And lots more... but they are the ones that spring to mind
    Loads of different albums are brilliant.
    ozzy osboure-no more tears is brilliant.
    ozzy again-ozzmosis(which i only heard when my cousin bought it for my friend then i got a copy of it---class album)
    Nirvana-Nevermind.
    Loads more but cant think now.
    aah for goodness sake, you might as well say whats the nicest food ever, or whats the prettiest colour.... there is no answer.....

and i this isnt gonna go down well i can tell and i really dont mean it in the patronising way that its inevitably gonna sound, but on reading most of your answers (i say most, not all), you wouldnt know a great album if it came up and hit you between the eyes with a sledgehammer....
    i mean blink 182???? please!!!! i am not saying that you cant like them or listen to, each to their own, but to suggest that enema of the state is the greatest album ever????? im sorry but no. a truly great album is an album that is truly of timeless genius and quality... will blink 182 still be listened to in 10 years? i sincerely doubt it, never mind 100 or even 1000 years.....
    a truly great album is one that explores terretory noone has explored before, territory that it hasnt even occured to anybody else to explore.
    offspring??????????? oh dear. exactly what have they contributed to the progression and evolution of music? as far as i can see, fuck all.
    as i said previously, i am not suggesting that people who like these groups should stop listening to them, but to suggest that they have made the greatest albums of all time would be bordering on blasphemy!
    if we are talking purely within a rock/pop context, then there are sadly very few people who have made truly inovative original breathtaking works of genius that in my oppinion could qualify to be considered for the greatest albums of all time.....
    the beatles are the obvious choice, their influence is still very strongly felt by musicians today and will be for a long time to come, and their music is truly timeless....
    there are others but sadly they are few and far between....
    im not suggesting that no modern music can be considered great, far from it. but the examples mentioned here for the most part would not even nearly qualify....
    you may dissagree with me now but come back in 10 years from now and tell me if your still listening to blink 182 enema of the state. i sincerely doubt you will be.

please dont flame me as this is purely my own personal oppinion, and as i said i dont mean to sound patronising, i tried hard to express it in a non patronising way but it didnt really work.... sorry about that i dont mean to be, and as i said by all means, listen to what you want, each to their own and all that. i just strongly dissagree with your definition of a great album.

thats all.... dont flame me too much! ;)
    well i think myself rhcp - blood sugar sex magic is truly gtoud breaking albuma si t mixes os many differnt types of musci into one and there are so,me trur classics in thjat album not including under the bridge theat song is truly amazing but not their bes tin my word i personally love i coul have lied and the title track but hey thats just me my opion is as they say my own noone elses s its just my view i dont care if ppl dont agre as i say if u dont lie the music then just dont listen to it
    Rossco
    Originally posted by rossco
    well i think myself rhcp - blood sugar sex magic is truly gtoud breaking albuma si t mixes os many differnt types of musci into one and there are so,me trur classics in thjat album not including under the bridge theat song is truly amazing but not their bes tin my word i personally love i coul have lied and the title track but hey thats just me my opion is as they say my own noone elses s its just my view i dont care if ppl dont agre as i say if u dont lie the music then just dont listen to it
    Rossco

blood sugar sex magic is a good album. in fact, if you put it in the context of modern rock music, its a fantastic album. but if you look at the bigger picture and compare it to TRULY great music.... im talking about the real greats.... classical music greats like bach and mozart (to name the two most obvious ones), jazz greats like miles davis, john coltrane, charlie parker, cannonball adderley, jaco pastorius, pop greats like lennon and mccartney..... its just a different league all together.....

of course, as you said, its all oppinion, and if people only listened to truly great music, they would have a very small cd collection indeed!
    yeah wuite true mate but i dont really liek classical music and i know bugger all artist i would rather liten to modern rock music myself and thats th emusic i grew up on so i dont knwo much else lol but anyways i dont wanna get into an argument and i se ur comment as very valid as i sed wen i oped this thread i wanted everyones comments

catch ya's all later dudes
    rossco :thumb:
    Rage Against The Machine - Self Titled :)

thats my favorite anyway, the "greatest ever album" or whatever would probably be Appetitie for Destruction or Led Zep IV
    Originally posted by Black Hole Sun
    Rage Against The Machine - Self Titled

That is indeed a classic album .... but how about these two ....

Faith No More -- Real Thing

and

Prodigy -- Experience

:D
    Originally posted by CookieMonster

That is indeed a classic album .... but how about these two ....

Faith No More -- Real Thing

and

Prodigy -- Experience

Prodigy- Experience

What an album! Will always be a classic because of 'Charly'.
    Originally posted by Infernoid

Prodigy- Experience

What an album! Will always be a classic because of 'Charly'.

Charly is indeed top ... and probably the tune that was responsible for my morph from head banging metaller to hardcore club monkey ...... but my favorite from the album is "Your Love" ..
    Guaranteed to get any party bouncing ;):D
    I am agreeing with Infernoid, Word Gets Around is a top album and deffinatly the better of the three! The earlier stuff was the best dont you think??
    Oh yeah and I know they're new and a lot of people slate it, but I really like Camino Palmero by the Calling.
    And ANYTHING from Bon Jovi!

Contenders include (and I know these are all fairly recent, but bear with me) -

Pixies - Doolittle
    Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
    Weezer - Pinkerton
    Radiohead - OK Computer
    Jeff Buckley - Grace

There's five for you, but it's the eternal question really isn't it?!
    Well I'm not sure about the *best* album in the world cos in my opinion it depends on people's tastes etc. Although I have to say that I really love the "Aaliyah" album. To me it's kinda different to other stuff that's out there. It's much more mature than her previous albums and well I just love it hehe.