Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mis carriages

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
About 2 years ago I miscarried when I was about 8 weeks. :( At the time, I blocked the whole thing out and didn't tell anyone.

Now, it's really hit me how much it's effected me. I only recently told my family, and i'm glad I did because it made it more real for me. Even so, I feel like no one actually sees it as a life that was lost, you know?

Does anyone else have similar experiences and how did you cope?

I feel like I have been a mum, but that no one knows it because I never actually gave birth. :(

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear about your unhappy experience. We have some information in a factsheet here:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/sex/pregnancy/miscarriage.html

There are some numbers to call for more support, and links to good websites too. It's never too late to have counselling, if you decide that's what you want.

best wishes,

Karla
  • Options
    2 years seems such a long time ago though to be going to talk to someone about it now :confused:

I don't know what i'd say anyway! :eek2:
  • Options
    its not quite the same but i had an abortion a few months ago, and now as the time my baby would have been born comes nearer its effecting me more and more. i have found the same as you that when im talking to my mum, she doesnt see it as a lost life, which i do. im considering getting my mum to find me a couciller or someone to talk to about it cos im finding its getting harder and harder, maybe you should go to see a couciller too, I've read up alot about abortions and miscariges(sp?) and aparently quite often people are effected by it ages after it happened.

I cant really help with a way to cope with it because im not really coping well, but remember that there are people out there who can help you get through it.