Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

5 Reasons why being in love sucks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
1. You can't think straight.
2. Even if you are really pissed off with that person you still can't get rid of them.
3. It stops you sleeping with other people.
4. Makes you neglect other things that are important.
5. If you're a fella, it pretty much takes away your manhood.

Well, i'am glad i've talked myself out of it. Now i can get on with my life.
:eek2:

Comments

• Options
    Yeh i pretty much agree on that lot! It is a lot to put u off wanting to fall in love but dnt forget the good things about being in love:

1) Theres always someone there for ya
    2) If its a sexual relationship it can bring you much closer and you can get it nearly as much as you want
    3) Theres someone to make you smile
    4) You dont have to worry about going out on the pull
    5) And when your bored just to sit thinking bout the love of your life can make you not bored anymore!

Theres probably better ones, but love isnt all bad-only bout 70%!
  • Options
    hmmm..okay! i like the good points! :D
  • Options
    Re: 5 Reasons why being in love sucks
    Originally posted by pistol

Yes I agree with numbers 4 ,3 & 1

Wait, in what way do you mean by number 5:eek2: :confused:
    3. It stops you sleeping with other people

Yes but you get sex on a tap (pretty much), no need to have to go out and try and pull, you got it waiting for you!

and I would sooner have one girl to sleep with then have lots!
  • Options
    2. Even if you are really pissed off with that person you still can't get rid of them.

Well, i'am glad i've talked myself out of it. Now i can get on with my life.
    :eek2:

Hmmmmm. Pistol. From Milton Keynes, eh? Sure you're not my ex? Those are exactly the kind of things he would say.

Doesn't sound like being in love if you want to sleep with other people, and you want to 'get rid' of the person you love.

What you really mean is that you are resisting the fact that you do love who ever it is you are refering to, and pretending you don't want to be with her ( and probably hurting her to the point of losing her completely) because of one of these reasons:

1. You feel you're 'too young' to settle down
    2. Your mates are single and egging you on to join them
    3. You want your ego (or manhood) stroked by as many hot chicks as possible so that you can be chief stud out of all your mates, and spread your seed far and wide
    4. This girl has possibly cheated on you or you've had a lot of fights, and the minute things get difficult you want out. In other words you're not prepared to take the rough with the smooth.
    5. The girl is not local or has moved away and therefore you can't get sex on tap, don't know what she's up to when you're not there, or have too many temptations when she's not there.

And those are the five reasons love sucks... FOR GIRLS. Because you boys want to have your cake and eat it.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    6/ because that person can hurt you more than anyone else can
    7/ because that person can NEVER get on with at least one of your close mates
    8/ because if its a lads night out you either must (according to that person) a/want to go out on the pull b/ prefer spending time with your mates to spending time with them or c/ both of the above
    9/ you just can't bloody concentrate on anything else
    10/ because it hurts to see them hurt
  • Options
    Being in love is a great feeling if you are both in love with each other. You don't notice all the things you've listed above then. whats important is being with that person and making that person happy. If it's one sided it's hell....for both people and all the things mentioned are very very true.

:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by **Cinderella**
    Yeh i pretty much agree on that lot! It is a lot to put u off wanting to fall in love but dnt forget the good things about being in love:

1) Theres always someone there for ya
    2) If its a sexual relationship it can bring you much closer and you can get it nearly as much as you want
    3) Theres someone to make you smile
    4) You dont have to worry about going out on the pull
    5) And when your bored just to sit thinking bout the love of your life can make you not bored anymore!

Theres probably better ones, but love isnt all bad-only bout 70%!

Go an dmake me feel better :rolleyes: :(:(:(
  • Options
    being in love doesn't suck, it rules. when ur in love with someone, they can always make u feel good no matter how foul a mood ur in, they're always there to make u think that the world doesnt suck as much as u thought it did if ur object of desire is alive. there are loadsa reasons y being in love doesn't suck but i'm tired and can't be arsed 2 type them
  • Options
    Being in love is wicked especially when you find the right person. Which i have :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *~Kitty~*
    Being in love is wicked especially when you find the right person. Which i have :)

and Who's that then;)

Yes love is grand:)

Now I have the icing on the cake to look forward to.

The cuddles, the kisses, the hugs, the licking, the sucking the fcking.

All comes with being in Love, but the best bit is having someone there for you. I've got get use to that idea but I'm enjoying it very much:) :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

The cuddles, the kisses, the hugs, the licking, the sucking the fcking.

All comes with being in Love, but the best bit is having someone there for you. I've got get use to that idea but I'm enjoying it very much:) :D

*tuts* I knew you'd throw that into it :p

Awwwww :D
  • Options
    Awww.

I'm not in love, never have been, etc. Not to say I never will be, if the palm reading bloke in Rome is to be believed. Sounds ok though :p

Wise words of a teen, eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jon_UK

Oh yeah i know that one:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jon_UK
    7/ because that person can NEVER get on with at least one of your close mates
    8/ because if its a lads night out you either must (according to that person) a/want to go out on the pull b/ prefer spending time with your mates to spending time with them or c/ both of the above
    9/ you just can't bloody concentrate on anything else
    10/ because it hurts to see them hurt

Agree with all of them. Number 10's quite sweet really.
  • Options
    PAH! LOVE! youre right it does suck!:mad:
  • Options

agreed :crying: god i wish i wasn't so hung up over this bloke, all of the above are affecting me right now and i just can't seem to stop thinking about him, even though i no ill never ever have him and he treated me like shit wish makes it worse :( lifes a bitch