Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girls Girls Girls...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

I was wondering if u out there could help/adivse etc?

The problem is the usual people who I go out with-friends-are rather raucous and loud. I am rather quiet, and so always find myself in the background, no matter how hard I try. Thus, I end up feeling rather insignificant.

Last nite 4 instance, i saw this absolutly gorgeous girl and I really really wanted 2 speak 2 her, but I just didnt know hav the guts, and I dont know wots wrong with me. Im usually ok talking 2 girls, but I just didnt know wot 2 say.

Can nebody advise me on these 2 problems?

Thank U!
x

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya!

Well at college im in exactly the same position as hanging around with people that are much louder. I put that down to the fact that i aint and dont feel comfortable around them. With my other freinds out of college im just as loud or just the same as them! Maybe your hanging around with the wrong sort?i know what u mean though by being in the background!Thats usually me because i am quite shy till i feel comfortable around people.So maybe you could think about getting in with a crowd that you feel comfortable with or trying to build up your confidance.
    As for finding it hard to talk to girls-what lad doesnt?everyones scared, some just dont show it! Its like when you see someone that you really like-u freeze and cant think of anything to say. Girls do it aswell! You just gotta pretend that shes a freind and talk to her as if youve known her a while. Ask questions about herself so she can get talking and then carry on from there. Its just getting over the first few minutes and after that things will go ok. We all make mistakes,so if you do laugh it off and forget about it dont dwell on a stupid remark that u didnt mean to say. Girls aint so hard to get a conversation out of so just say anything to get the ball rolling!
    Goodluck x x x x x