Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

fuck the doc.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
doctor martins boots. off to china. sacking 1,000 people in the uk so they dont have to pay decent wages.
when it comes to war, you will be the ones expected to be patriotic and make sacrifices while bastards like these have off shore accounts so they contribute as little as possible to the system they take so much out of.
doc martin and other companies need to learn a lesson. fuck thier boots. dont buy anything off them. ever again. they can do without us. we can do without them. all the companies doing this should be on your blacklist of companies who you no longer buy off. dyson vacs etc. there will be nowt left if we just take it lying down. SO FUCK DOC MARTINS, DYSON and the rest of em.

Comments

• Options
    So all that foreign investment that comes into Britain and you don't complain, huh?

Damn...ineloquence speaketh.... :D
  • Options
    If we dont buy Docs what can we buy instead?

Thats all my hubby wears:eek:
  • Options
    Well you have a point there.

Many 'British' companies are British in anything but the name. In most cases they are not switching countries because they're in deep trouble and about to go bankrupt. They do it to increase their already massive profits and give shareholders even bigger dividends.

Consumer boycotts, if done at a mass scale, can make a difference. Then again I never liked DM boots so it'll be easy for me. ;)
  • Options
    damn, my shoes are docs, but i promise i wont buy a new pair when these wear out. I do try to buy British where I can.
  • Options
    Originally posted by onenatcons
    So all that foreign investment that comes into Britain and you don't complain, huh?

Damn...ineloquence speaketh.... :D
    that is the none answer of the year. but it is YOU.
  • Options
    Shit, more incoherence.

Who gives a damn if people lose their jobs when a company moves overseas? Perhaps dicks like you who spend all day sitting at home smoking pot no doubt.
  • Options
    onenatcons people like you make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually wrote a post on here, but for personal reasons took it down. My husband has just been told he is being made redundant and his factory work being taken abroad.
    He has worked at this place for over 12 years and they shut his place down. He aint no dole waller like millions of other people, he is a working, family man who has a wife and child to support, so dont you come here saying shit about people smoking pot!!!!!!!

I like to know how you can spend so much time on here????
    Do you work???? probs one of them Government scroungers.

Before you be quick to give judgement on others you really should think before you speak.
  • Options
    Yeah before anyone comments I realise now that I made assumptions over onetacons employment status , but the opinions of this person has really annoyed me.
    This person comes here with the intent of annoying people, writing in a way which will offend honest, hardworking people like myself and is allowed to get away with it.
    I today made a posting which was removed by a MOD although I found it not to be racist, hurtful etc and he is allowed to keep writing hurtful things about others.

I give up, I really do.
  • Options
    becky, you are one of the most respected and loved people on the anything goes forum as we have all been made aware o f recently by a guy who has been going through a personel hell that oneatodds with the world would not be able to comprehend, i am of course talking about chaosinsomniac. youb have obviously impressed this guy. a guy who made enogh of an impression on me to keep me up all night trying to find info that might help him out. i have had your pm. you see why i'm angry at docs and dyson. it afects families like ours.
    not sure what you have said that the mods might be upset about but they surely cant kick out a mad northerner for being mad !
    glad you have given me your email. if either of us get the boot we can chat somewhere else. i feel for your hubby.please give him my warmest.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo,

there was nothing wrong with your post, I apologise if I didn't explain that clearly in my PM :blush:

let me try again, it'll be easier now...
    as you might have read , onenatcons has been banned for repeatedly abusing the board and its users. Earlier today, I warned him to stop it or be banned. Your post was in the middle of a flame war involving him, which had started before the warning.
    I didn't think it would be fair to ban him for continuing an argument started before his warning. So I pruned the whole argument out of the thread, rather than just close it, as it was quite a good thread. Yours was in the middle of the argument. I tried to give him every chance to not get banned, but to no avail :rolleyes:
    So, nothing wrong with the post, nothing personal. we cool?

BB :)
  • Options
    Mr Roll Me mad:eek:
    Thank you for just being there, much appreciated:)

big ben thank you for your reply. To be honest last night was a bit of a nightmare for me. Hubby been made redundant and all the rest, anyway so I was slightly tempremental.

Yeah Im cool:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by big ben
    BeckyBoo,

there was nothing wrong with your post, I apologise if I didn't explain that clearly in my PM :blush:

let me try again, it'll be easier now...
    BB :)

a moderator with the human touch. and i promise i'll try and behave as well. but i have had problems with that since i was born i think.
    glad ones has gone. if i see you in beckys bar the beers on me mate.
  • Options
    ok, since this has got a tad off topic, which i have no problem with, but i still think there is a lot to be said on this topic. There are scores of companies we should boycott for one reason or another, and i think it would be fun if we made a list. Some off the top of my head are:

McDonalds = destroying the amazon rainforest for cheaper grazing lands AND using substandard meat (yes, that IS bile in your chicken burger)

Homework = this may not be very serious, but im not taking the piss. Most of my teachers just set homework for the hell of it, and i have had 'revise for test' homework for 3 weeks in advance so they dont need to mark us. Homework should not be cumpolsory, just used when necessary (ie:coursework completion)

Microsoft = they unfairly exploit monopolies on the market - why the hell does windows cost £120? I don't know, but its a lot easier to get linux or just rip something off kazaa.

Nike = Nike workers in Viet Nam earned an average of 20 cents per hour; 15 women workers were hit on the head by their supervisor; 45 women were made to kneel on the ground for 25 minutes with their hands in the air; and a Korean supervisor fled the country after accusations that he sexually molested female workers. This is related to the unfair exploitation of vietnemese labour and the lack of representation.

Amazon! = They have obtained a patent for internet purchasing, whereby you click on something and a cookie sending info to their server is sent. This is an obvious method - not the only one, but one that is easy and hassle free. They have sued countless companies saying that they have patents on it and also get loyalties from many different companies.

I also would like to voice my opinion that getting overseas labour isn't a crime, I mean, it is annoying, even devastating, being made redundant and there should be sufficient warning, but the thing is some times going overseas is mutually beneficial. Like, my brother runs a company and contracts companies in china, and by no means do they get paid more than in england, but they get paid a lot more than most of china, and his costs are lower meaning he can open more business enterprises. Only 1/5 of all his business ventures pay off - and they cost about £10,000 to set up each. It is a crime to exploit overseas labour and their lack of representation by abusing their rights.
  • Options
    Thing about boycoting companies who exploit their workers in the east, is that if you do boycot these firms, how will the workers then get paid?

And homework... Who are you kidding?
    I do not make all of my homework, but not making it for the sake of it, is plain stupid.
    You should be able to judge yourself what is relevant for you and what is not.
  • Options
    I agree with you mate(a first I think)

I have studied to hopefully get a job in the electronics sector in which nearly every company is wanting to move east. Which ever country they can offer the lowest wages to is the preferable choice.

Even colleges and Universities are changing thier courses as before they based it on what local companies wanted due to the fact that the companies gave them money. Now that the companies have moved away basically showing they dont give a shit, this is the reason for the change. So I guess in a way we are fighting back.

And to the companies that are saying "its only the low down jobs were are taking away, leaving the highly skilled jobs". How long until the low skilled workers in singapore get trained up to the same standard as the west. Not long no doubt.

I dont know if boycotting companies will make a difference, thier are too many companies doing it nowadays which would be impossible to boycott them all.

Something needs to be done. But going by the goverment they will leave it until the last second like the railways etc. until they try and do anything to solve the ever growing problem

Aw well, what a Great World we live in. Money rules all I guess :impissed: