Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The girl your best mate fancies.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, my mate likes this girl who we see in the pub on Friday nights. The problem is I am also taken by her. I'm about 90% sure she doesn't like my mate and have a sneaky suspicion that she may like me.

So what should I do? Should I wait for my mate to make a move and see if he fails before I do anything? Or should I not wait and just go for it myself? (I've been encouraging him to go and talk to her but he won't do it)

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Well personally speaking i would go for it
    but whatever happens make sure it does'nt mess your friendship up
    no girls worth losing your mates for
  • Options
    So why not just go and talk to her? Your mate already is reluctant to do so plus he's had a chance to!!
  • Options
    If I were you I'd tell your mate you like her before making a move, otherwise he might think you're doing it out of spite. At least then you could make it into kind of a light-hearted little competiton, and there won't be so much hard feeling aterwards.
  • Options
    Tricky position, ive been the person who has liked someone and my mate went out with them wasnt very nice, i felt betrayed by my friend especially when she knew full well i really liekd him and then went out with him behind ym back it really hurt, it wouldnt have been so bad ahd she told me she ahd liked him and told me they were going out but she didnt. So i advise you to think long and hard over this, is your mate going to be gutted if you go out or make a move at this girl? is your friend quite sensitive, not very confident? if he isnt then doign somethign liek this wont help his confidence and as a friend you should want to do this, its not going to make him feel very good if you rub the relationship in his face or the fact that you got there before him. Competition maybe why he doesnt want to speak to her, he may not have as much self esteem as you, and is this girl relaly worth the possiblity of you friendship ebign ruined? afterall your friend will always be there for just like you should be for him, this girl isnt though. good luck with whatever you decide to do
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    If I were you I'd tell your mate you like her before making a move, otherwise he might think you're doing it out of spite. At least then you could make it into kind of a light-hearted little competiton, and there won't be so much hard feeling aterwards.

A girl isn't a bit of light-hearted competition! Fair enough that this guy doesn't want to lose his frienship, but a girl isn't a piece of meat!
    Anyway, sticking more to the point, I think you should let your friend make the first move. He has already made it quite clear that he is really into her, so just deciding you like her too doesnt warrant you making a move. Find your own girl