Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drugs and sexuality...?

I'm not sure if its the type of strange people I know but it seems that a lot of them who are/have been, varied drug users have a lot more open view to sexuality.

I mean my friends who have done 6+ 'hard' drugs are on average more open, and have been more open to different things. I know at least half a dozen people who before doing drugs hadnt really thought about it but since have been with both men and women.

Now is it the drug experiances showing them they have other sides to their personality, the drugs changing them, or the fact that we are just getting old and its part of growing up?

Either that or I just hang around with wierdos.

Your views please.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have to agree with you, a lot of my friends have become a lot more open minded not just about sexuality but other thing's as well. The group that i use to hang around with at school 90% of them all take drugs now.

Sexual side of thing's from what i've been told there all a bunch of animal's (try to stear clear of having sex with any of me mates).
    But then i think there's a little sordid side to us all. I think alcohol plays a big part in how far people will go sexually for example i know people that will only have anal sex if they are completely mullered.
    Most of my female friends have been with women but i cant say that my male friends are more open to advances from members of the same sex when there intoxicated.
    Drugs make you relax so you can be more easily persuaded into doing thing's or is that just me??;)
    Wouldn't just blame it all on drugs though would say alcohol and growing up play's a big part into how adventures you are in life.
    Thank god for recreational substances:D otherwise we would never do half the things we do now.
  • Options
    99% of it though wasnt when any of them where on the drugs, they just seem not to worry about it. The prevailing attitude is, that sexuality isnt black or white but a whole bunch of grey.
  • Options
    Kinda generalising, but yeah i agree. I know non-drug takers who are open about their sexuality and i know many users who are open too. I don't think i know any folks who take the odd recreational and would consider sexuality to be black or white, though. Could just be me, or could be more to do with how we r seeing sexuality in the 21st century. Interesting post, though.;)
  • Options
    yea i think that people are more open on certain subjects even if they arnet on drugs,just if they take drugs(cannabis).