Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

To Terrorists Everywhere from Australia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
TO TERRORISTS EVERYWHERE

You hurt us bombing Bali, but we can take the pain,
But if you think you'll beat us, you can think a-bloody-gain
We battled at Gallipoli and we fought the bloody hun
Of all the arseholes we've had to face, you're just another one

You won't get your hands dirty, you won't fire a gun
Whenever danger threatens you just pack your gear and run
You brainwash innocent children to do your evil deeds
Careful not to let them know just where it really leads

You get them to believe all your bigotry and lying
Until they cannot see that there's no glory in their dying
Now we'd like to pose a question, answer if you can
Where does your holy book tell you to kill your fellow man?

Now listen hard and listen well, we're giving you the word
You're never gonna beat us, you spineless bloody turd
You'd never face us personally, you haven't got the guts
You know that if you ever did we'd have your bloody nuts

Our spirit is unbroken, and our heads are still unbowed
We sure as hell aren't scared of you and your gutless crowd
So get your act together -- you'll never win because
What you're really up against is the spirit that is OZ

Comments

• Options
    lol, very good.
  • Options
    The terrorists are the best recruiters Bush has...

However some people here know the terrorists are their friends. :rolleyes:

But as we all know, some people can;t see the handwriting on the wall and have a taste for shyte in friends...

sheepw_stuck_on_fence_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    Originally posted by reverse
    However some people here know the terrorists are their friends

Just because we dont think blowing up Iraq will solve anything doesnt mean we support terrorism. Its been proven that Al Qaeda and Hussein dont like ecah otehr very much anyway, and theyll prolly have him executed soon enough. Husseins drinking, gambling and womanising doesnt fit in with Al Qaedas version of fundamental Islam. Which, of course, youd know if you didnt get all your politics from FOX.
  • Options
    The terrorists are the best recruiters Bush has...
    And vice versa...

(pardon my lat :D )
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Its been proven that Al Qaeda and Hussein dont like ecah otehr very much anyway, and theyll prolly have him executed soon enough. Husseins drinking, gambling and womanising doesnt fit in with Al Qaedas version of fundamental Islam. Which, of course, youd know if you didnt get all your politics from FOX.

First, this was not written by me or Fox for that matter, it its from Australia.. Do they watch Fox or are they Bush warmongers? :rolleyes:

The Al-Qaedas and Hussein do not like each other, quite a revelation, might I ask you to prove that?

Short form, "proven" and "everyone knows" doesn't quite do the job.

Uncle Joe,
    I doubt you have enough Lats (the muscle) to notice much less pardon.. :D
  • Options
    I wasnt meaning the poem, I fully agree with the sentiments in it. These terrorists shouyld be blown all the way back up Allahs arsehole.

But as for 'everyone knows' being proof...isnt that the level of proof that Bush and Blair are using to go to war with Iraq? After all, if Hussein was known to be such a threat, why did the USA stand back and do nothing in 1998 when the UN were booted out of Iraq?
  • Options
    Kermit
    Klinton was president in 1998. He did exactly what klinton always did, a lot of talk and no action.. I'm sure having a klinton type for a leader is not limited to the US or the UK.. :D

Blair and Bush have two levels of proof. The first level is what they tell us.

So far that has consisted of the al-qaeda being in northern Iraq and al-qaeda wounded in Afganistan showing up in Iraqi hospitals.
    From independant sources:
    Arafat's documents taken by israelis show a money trail from Iraq.
    Czech Intel saw Atta, one of the 9/11 hijackers, meeting with iraqi intel in Prague before the 9/11 attacks. Now, unless there was a link, who would even know an Atta existed, much less be able to set up a meeting with him..
    33 pounds of weapons grade uranium caught being smuggled into Iraq..
    And there's a lot more..

The second level, is kept secret for obvious reasons. For example, during WWII, the allies captured a nazi enigma code machine.. That was kept secret until years after WWII.. If Churchill/FDR would have made it public, the nazi's would have changed their machines...

One thing about intel type info, if they share 6 pounds of it with us? You can bet there's another 30 pounds they are not sharing..
  • Options
    One thing about intel type info, if they share 6 pounds of it with us? You can bet there's another 30 pounds they are not sharing..
    Not to mention the fact that half of what they're sharing will be disinformation or downright lies... probably :)
  • Options
    That would be nice, then we could hang a couple of politicians, not fight a war..

Actually I thought both saddam and the al-qaeda would be smart by laying back and avoid putting terrorism on the Front Page. That would leave Blair and Bush looking foolish, but in light of recent events, I was wrong. The terrorists weren't that smart..

With the whole world debating Iraq and WMD's, the whole world scrutinizing WMD's.... Saddam is dumber than a hog to try smuggling 33 pounds of weapons grade uranium in..

With the whole world debating the UN Resolutions, again saddam is dumber than a hog to shoot at UK/US aircraft close to 800 times..

Saddam is furnishing Blair and Bush additional ammunition, that is dumber than a hog...

Even small children know better than to be bad when Mum is watching.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I was wondering why Australia had placed terrorists everywhere, and then I realised it was the grammar in the title! :(

I had visions of them communicating secretly through a BB!

Nice image though! :eek2:
  • Options
    It's always so refreshing and interesting to read the claims of reverse about current affairs, especially when he apparently forms his opinions of supposed "facts" from breaking news headlines rather than pursuing the stories in question to their conclusions.

Now lets look at two points he raised which have since been debunked as hoaxes (or at the least unreliable):

Czech Intel saw Atta, one of the 9/11 hijackers, meeting with iraqi intel in Prague before the 9/11 attacks…

This statement was later dismissed by US intelligence for lack of conclusive evidence to back it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1961668.stm

Then again, despite the evidence or lack of it (as the case may be) we can grant that reverse is no more desperate to cling to any claim that tidies up the unanswered questions than are others in more authoritative positions, however dubious such claims may eventually prove to be…

http://www.praguepost.com/P02/2002/20508/news3.php

33 pounds of weapons grade uranium caught being smuggled into Iraq…

Once again, a case of a sensational event surrounded by hopeful claims that proved to be nothing more than a hoax. Let’s look at subsequent events in this story shall we?…

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/09/29/turkey.uranium/

Excerpt: (Sept 29, 2002)
    Turkish officials announced Saturday they had seized a box filled with nearly 35 pounds (15 kilograms) of uranium. But Muzaffer Dilek, the mayor of Sanliurfa, a Turkish city near the Turkey-Syria border, said Sunday that the material amounted to only 140 grams -- about five ounces.

The two men arrested with the material were released due to lack of evidence and have since disappeared, Dilek said.
    The material is being taken to a nuclear research facility in Ankara to determine its composition, Turkey's Ministry of Internal Affairs said. That analysis was expected to be complete by Monday.

http://www.nti.org/db/nistraff/2002/20020490.htm

In full: (Oct. 1, 2002)

Scientists from the Nuclear Research and Training Center in Istanbul, Turkey announced on 1 October 2002 that material seized in Southern Turkey on 28 September, previously said to be weapons-grade uranium, was in fact a powdered mixture of zinc, manganese, iron and zirconium. Guler Koksal, director of the center, said the powder is neither radioactive nor explosive. Initial media reports, which were widely circulated, had cited Turkish police as saying they had seized 33 pounds of weapons-grade uranium near Sunliurfa, southern Turkey, about 155 miles from the Iraqi border. The material was hidden in a secret compartment of a taxi.[1] Two Turks were detained in connection with this incident but were later released for lack of evidence when the seized material was determined to be harmless.[1] Already on 29 September 2002, police had backtracked, and admitted that the amount of seized uranium seized was only five ounces, adding that the previous figure had mistakenly included the weight of the lead container holding the substance.[1] [Con artists frequently try to peddle metallic powders, claiming they are nuclear materials.]

[1] "Police: Uranium seized in Turkey weighs only 140 grams (5 ounces), not 15,7 kilograms (35 pounds)," Associated Press Worldstream, 30 September 2002; in Lexis-Nexis Universe database, http://web.lexis-nexis.com/universe.

So whilst Saddam remains the focus of concern for the majority of the Western powers, let us not forget that acting on lies, half truths, rhetoric, or any other wishful claims will not bring us any closer to resolving this particular Middle Eastern crisis. Neither do such claims provide the moral nor political justifications for something as extreme as unilateral overthrow of a regime with potentially deadly consequences to our own combatants in the field as well as yet further potential geo-political destabilization of the entire region.

But of course, for folks who prefer to act on the basis of supposition, paranoia, and emotion, who needs conclusive evidence to justify anything, right?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine

But of course, for folks who prefer to act on the basis of supposition, paranoia, and emotion, who needs conclusive evidence to justify anything, right?:rolleyes:

And then there are those who are unwilling to act in any circumstances, and who are unwilling to consider that they may not have any right or reason to see the evidence available.
  • Options
    Re: To Terrorists Everywhere from Australia
    i'm gonna get my guitar out and with my rusty tom waits kind of voice i'm go sing that song.
  • Options
    i remember the ira blowing away a massive part of manchester city centre. i think it was the biggst destruction of a city centre since the luftwafe. huge damage. then the big rebuild. huge builders signs on huge rebuilding projects, mostly irish firms.
    theres a big lively irish community in manchester. a drinking and grafting community. multi ratial areas and the irish were liked by every tribe. that terrorist attack put a huge strain on the irish english drinking world. fisticuffs and worse for quite a while.
    terror. what a sad world.
  • Options
    *Claps* Bravo Greenhat, again, deftly sidestepped the evidence which was graciously provided, in the continuing effort to demonstrate that you prefer rhetoric over proof in any situation. Guess a one-liner is as good a retort to a lengthy expose of reverse's mistakingly made charges and oversights as one should expect from the knee-jerk right wing.

And you wonder why world leaders including Bush have modified their stances continually throughout this particular political dance. Hmmm could be because the governance of the stability of the planet requires considerably more savvy than rushing in with all guns blazing. ;)
  • Options
    [Bmodified their stances continually throughout this particular political dance. [/B]

Hmmm..continual calls for the elimination of any attempt to acquire Weapons of Mass Destruction, for adherrance to the UN resolutions that Iraq agreed to, and for the removal of Saddam from power...

Seems to me that the stance is pretty much the same now as it was 6 months ago.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Hmmm..continual calls for the elimination of any attempt to acquire Weapons of Mass Destruction, for adherrance to the UN resolutions that Iraq agreed to, and for the removal of Saddam from power...

Seems to me that the stance is pretty much the same now as it was 6 months ago.

You saying that they haven't changed their stance for 6 months? You aso haven't mentioned some of the clauses they want to include in the resolution. Things like the right for American troops to have free use of all Iraq's roads. Their attempts to force the UN's hand by announcing their intention to act unilaterrally, in advance. Their threat to Germany that it won't get a share of the Iraqi oil, their attempts to win over France. Their insistence that they go ahead, even though their own security agencies say that Iraq poses a threat to world peace only if it is attacked.

Seems to me that your analysis of the last 6 months is quite unsophisticated really!
  • Options
    Greenhat, for all your military expertise, you obviously know little about political maneuvering then. Bush has clearly modified his language and methodology in negotiations within the past 6 months. The Blustering and "go it alone" stance that he began with only put him in the dog house politically both with a growing number of US citizens as well as his counterparts around the globe. He is also much more careful about throwing out supposition as fact nowadays as it has become clear his "evidence" isnt as conclusive as he would have wished nor that has he sufficient clue as to the final cost both in lives, dollars, and political alienation that he would be foisting off onto the American public if he simply charged in as he initially threatened to do.

But then act before counting the cost has long been the tune of choice for the right wing.

Oh and once again well done on sidestepping the demonstrable errors of your fellow combatant as pointed out in my earlier post. You are certainly adept at it! ;)
  • Options
    Ever negotiate, Clandestine? I'd say not...
  • Options
    And once again, Greenhat, youd be wrong. Surprise surprise! :rolleyes:

*still sees no sign of receiving even the slightest admission of the error of his sidekick's remarks*

Once again, deftly sidestepped with pointless personal assumption! *stands amazed* :lol:
  • Options
    Is this behaviour a normal occurence of the rabid right wing extremists Clandestine? Or are they all on some sort of a collective drug trip. Utterly bizarre.
  • Options
    From years of experience in dealing with such types in policy circles, I have come to the conclusion that it's likely a case of pining for a return to the simpler era of unbridled Imperialist expansion when considerations of social justice were ignored in favour of military capability, and economic expedience.

Ahh the good ol days when might made everything right, eh lads? :lol:
  • Options
    Clueless, non-entities in other words :D

edited to add 'non-entities'
  • Options
    Ever negotiate, Clandestine? I'd say not...

Surrender and placation/collaboration with the enemy are not exactly defined as "negotiation"... Still reading from the Whore of Hanoi Guidebook of Political Etiquette? Perhaps Janie will give you a kiss... :rolleyes:

And then there are those who are unwilling to act in any circumstances, and who are unwilling to consider that they may not have any right or reason to see the evidence available.

And THERE we have the gist of the issue: if the clandestine one were who and what it claims to be, then it would have access to the evidence sufficient to comprehend the ignorance of its position.
  • Options
    Originally posted by osmotic
    Clueless, non-entities in other words :D

edited to add 'non-entities'

Too bad you are so far in the dark as to not realize who the clueless actually are... but... when caught within the anal/cranial inversion moment, it can be that way. ;)

...and, it is soooo much safer within your delusions, protected and pampered by those you demean. :rolleyes:

How does it feel to be a parasite?
  • Options
    LOL@Thanatos!

Blustering on as usual it appears, but then you have to live up to your reputation for nonsense.

how does it feel to be a parasite?

I suppose you are best qualified to answer that question yourself! :lol:
  • Options

how does it feel to be a parasite?

I suppose you are best qualified to answer that question yourself! :lol:

Altho you are completely clueless as to the WMD capabilities of Iraq - and many other issues - I will stipulate to your expertise at being a bureaucratic parasite. No contest. Supposing - for the sake of argument - that you really were who you claim to be... but then, again, your ignorance belies the presumption.
  • Options
    sopite, do you ever have anything of worth to say?

Silly boy :)
  • Options

Negotiate, not compromise. You know, where you have a real goal that you must achieve?
  • Options
    I've noticed something that I find a bit upsetting. After the WTC bombing the whole world came together to mourn with the United States, set up tribute sites, etc... But where is all the same sort of sympathy and moral anger for those who were killed in the Bali bombings? Why is the pain of their surviving family members not as important and worthy of attention as that of those in the States? I'm an American and, frankly, I'm ashamed and embarassed by this lack of respect. It's as if the American people want to keep all the anger, pain, trauma, tragedy and grief all for themselves. Living in England with my husband and his family gives me an opportunity to see how others view this snub to those who were affected by the Bali bombing and many here feel the same way I do.