Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

comedowns - a good thing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never heard anyone else suggest this idea but i'd like to put it forward....

I find comedowns really useful. The reason for this is that I used to suffer with depression for absolutely no good reason. Just for no reason i would find myself working myself up into a feelings of inadequecy and patheticness. However since I began pilling I find that the comedown on a monday is a really useful tool for myself. I find that by subjecting myself to a spell of depression I've learnt how to deal with it. It helps to know that by wednesday I'll feel right as rain but I try and psychologically beat the depression and not suffer too much. Then when i ever feel a bit low in the real world I can apply the same attitude to beat those feelings and get on and enjoy life.

I don't take pills very often - maybe once a month at most.

I know that this was quite a hippyish post but there u go. I've never heard anyone else suggest it.

Comments

• Options
    Re: comedowns - a good thing?
    Originally posted by chockles
    I've never heard anyone else suggest this idea but i'd like to put it forward....

there are people in the anything goes room a few doors away who could read this.
    my problem was believing that i never had to come down..off anything. and i didn't for years. i've finaly landed and i quite like reality. with a little weed and alcohol.
  • Options
    lol.bet that was fun mroll-stoned for years,never coming down.how did u mange 2 make money while stoned?dealing r what?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    lol.bet that was fun mroll-stoned for years,never coming down.how did u mange 2 make money while stoned?dealing r what?
    dealing, smuggling, growing. oh and securicor helped out a couple of times in the seventies. general carear criminal a judge once described me as.
    been an honest lazy stoner since 1986. mr respectable and all that and i like it. still smoke and grow and drink to much. but i didn't want a bloody halo anyway.
  • Options
    I think you do have a point in that the crash and burn tells you something is up and not to do it so hard. Its just a shame that I not only try my best to avoid comedowns (ghb, valium, pot, codine) but even if my body does try to teach me a lesson for partying for 40 hours on speed I dont listen.
  • Options
    I fuckin hate comedowns this is my first one and i feel like shit and i cant stop crying,i'm even crying now!! And I've also got the flu symptons but i dunno if thats from the coke comedown or just cos i suddenly caught flu???????:confused::( I feel like jumping in front of a train right now.
  • Options
    Easy girl, it will pass. Find someone u were with on the weekend, comedowns can also be a cool shared experience. Your Sniffles will pass, sleep, and like magic, you're cool. Then repeat, 5,6,7,8. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by jellygirl16
    I feel like jumping in front of a train right now.

the next train arriving at platform two.....
  • Options
    The lesson for today; Avoid coke, it has a crap high and the worst crash.