Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the medicated masses.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
medication aye...where would we be without it ?

Comments

• Options
    Re: the medicated masses.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    medication aye...where would we be without it ?

Are you talking about prescription meds or just all meds in general?

I know one boy who would now be 21 years old if his father hadn't murdered him while in a meth induced hallucination in 1995. That boy was my daughter's good friend and a very welcome and frequent visitor to our home.

Rest in peace, Eric.
  • Options
    thats terrible Cyann, ive heard lots of bad things about meth, its not very common over here though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    thats terrible Cyann, ive heard lots of bad things about meth, its not very common over here though.

It was terrible, Rainbow, one of the most horrific and mind shattering tragedies I ever had to help my daughter deal with. This man had taken his son Eric and his younger son Larry to New Mexico for a fishing holiday. He'd been binging on Meth for a few days. He got it into his head that Eric was the devil so he took a hunting knife, stabbed him over 60 times and then cut off his head and threw it out the window. Larry witnessed all of this and managed to jump put of the van and hide in the desert. Larry suffered, and still suffers, due to that. What the newspapers didn't mention to people in that Eric's parents were divorced and Eric and Larry lived with their aunt and grandmother as both the father and mother were drug addicts. After the murder of Eric Larry became a troubled kid and ran away from home often. The last place he ran to was his mother's, who promptly got him addicted to acid by telling him that it would "make him feel better" and "make him forget." Last I heard Larry was locked up in jail for breaking into someone's home and assaulting them with intent to kill. He was looking for money to buy more drugs.

Every July 22nd I still cry my eyes out over this. Eric was such a warm and kind kid, never hurt anyone :crying:
  • Options
    thats a terrible story, are you sure it was acid he was addicted to and not something else, as research shows that acid is not addictive (although can be psychologically harmful)
    thats besides the point though, its amazing how fucked up some people are. such a sad story
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    thats a terrible story, are you sure it was acid he was addicted to and not something else, as research shows that acid is not addictive (although can be psychologically harmful)
    thats besides the point though, its amazing how fucked up some people are. such a sad story

The acid became addictive because he allowed himself to believe that he needed it to deal with life. Pot is the same way, it isn't physically addictive but it can be so mentally with some people. In my opinion religion can mess people up as badly, or even worse than, drugs. You see, Eric's father used to be Mormon and Eric's grandmother and aunt still were practicing Mormons, so the meth made Eric's father believe he was the devil because he thought Eric was also converted to Mormonism, hence, he must be a devil. Drugs and religion mixed in with an already unstable mind can be such a deadly combination. Sadly, two years after this happened a friend of my daughter's, named Josh, put a gun into his mouth and blew his own brains out because his parents were Mormon and they put a lot of pressure on him to conform, to cut his hair and be like a Mormon boy. Josh also got into drugs to try and take away his pain of not being good enough for his parents. My daughter, Josh and a bunch of other friends had been sitting in a local alley way talking and having a laugh. Shortly after my daughter got home we heard police and ambulance sirens. Another boy named Josh, who had stayed with the suicidal Josh after everyone else had left, came pounding on my door crying. He had just witnessed Josh shoot himself. He was a wreck. He tried to stop him but Josh made him back up by pointing the gun at him. What a sad, sad way for this boy to have died and the worse part was that his own mother made comments to the newspaper saying he was mentally unstable and had been locked up in a mental ward for it. I phoned her and told her what a nasty, evil liar she was and that she should have told the truth, that Josh wasn't Mormon enough for her.

Okay, enough cos I'm starting to RAGE at the way some kids are treated like dirt by their own families :mad:
  • Options
    i know it has to be another drug ...not acid. acid is not physicaly or psycologicaly addictive. it is in fact an anti addictive drug.
    i used to take acid every week. i loved it. but try doing it three times a week and nothing at all happens. you can up the dosage
    and still nothing will happen. you can only take acid so many times until it becomes useless.
    terrible story cycnan anfd i have no doubts it was drug induced. but this guy must have had underlying problems that the drug triggered. he and people who have never taken drugs do these awful things.
    some of the killings and other mayhem caused by alcohol, might not have happened if the persons drug of choice had been cannabis.
  • Options
    i know it has to be another drug ...not acid. acid is not physicaly or psycologicaly addictive. it is in fact an anti addictive drug.
    i used to take acid every week. i loved it. but try doing it three times a week and nothing at all happens. you can up the dosage
    and still nothing will happen. you can only take acid so many times until it becomes useless.
    terrible story cycnan anfd i have no doubts it was drug induced. but this guy must have had underlying problems that the drug triggered. he and people who have never taken drugs do these awful things.
    some of the killings and other mayhem caused by alcohol, might not have happened if the persons drug of choice had been cannabis.

In regards to the acid, my information came from my daughter and friends of Larry's so they could have gotten it wrong. I know the mother was a crank addict. After Eric's death I couldn't reach Larry and it seems as if nobody else could either. I just hope their father never gets out of prison because there are a lot of people waiting for him with loaded guns.

I agree on the issue of cannabis. I have personally seen one person react in a very uncommon way to it's affects but that was due to the fact that he already had underlying mental problems and the pot only added to it. For the most part it is harmless. However, I am living proof that on the rare occassion it can prove to be fatal, or nearly so.
  • Options
    That's awful.... I feel so sorry for you having to deal with all of this...:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by jellygirl16
    That's awful.... I feel so sorry for you having to deal with all of this...:(

Thanks, Jellygirl. If there's one thing I've learned in my 39 years of life is that for some people shitty things just seem to keep happening but it's how you deal with it that decides if you stay sane or not. Life has been hard but I have always been very strong. I am also happy to say that my daughter is finally coming through all this also and is finding that life can be good.

Hell, if I seriously wrote a book about my life, starting back to when I was raped at 6, it would probably make the best seller list in horror books! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cyann

Hell, if I seriously wrote a book about my life, starting back to when I was raped at 6, it would probably make the best seller list in horror books! :D
    if i wrote about my life Cyann...me and a whole other bunch of people would be back in jail.
    tell me about your choice of the name... Cyann....please.
  • Options

if i wrote about my life Cyann...me and a whole other bunch of people would be back in jail.
    tell me about your choice of the name... Cyann....please.

Are you asking about "Cyann?" If so, it's a combination of my first and middle names.
  • Options

Are you asking about "Cyann?" If so, it's a combination of my first and middle names.

heres me thinking american native folk lore and stuff...my imagination......must come down to earth a bit more often...
    maybe not.
  • Options

heres me thinking american native folk lore and stuff...my imagination......must come down to earth a bit more often...
    maybe not.

Well, if it makes you feel better my great-great grandmother was a Lenni Lenape indian of New Jersey and my great-great-great-great-great (etc)grandmother was a Montauk who married a Dutch settler in colonial New York :)

Are you into American Native folklore?
  • Options

Are you into American Native folklore?
    not in a big way but i have read some good stuff over the years. i have indians on horseback and stuff (ornaments). i would have loved to have been a pioneer discovering the new world. if i could travel back in time thats where i'd be heading.
  • Options

not in a big way but i have read some good stuff over the years. i have indians on horseback and stuff (ornaments). i would have loved to have been a pioneer discovering the new world. if i could travel back in time thats where i'd be heading.

Well, maybe you WERE a pioneer at one time. I'm also a firm believer in reincarnation :)

There are still areas in the States where it still seems very much like the Old West. I lived in Higley, Arizona for a while and we all carried our rifles when we went for walks or horseback riding. It was also allowed to carry them in public. Then there are areas in Montana, North & South Dakota, New Mexico and Texas. If you ever go to the States for a holiday look into the special packages where you holiday in an old fashioned wagon train in the wilderness areas with groups of other people. It's very authentic.
  • Options

where you holiday in an old fashioned wagon train in the wilderness areas with groups of other people. It's very authentic.
    that sounds like my dream.....with a little loco weed in a peace pipe of course.
    i gotta go to my bed...........goodnight everyone.
  • Options
    A cautionary tale as regards to meth are concerned I think, its a shame that stuff is so addictive really. Not too surprising if you take some though, if your already a speed fan then its kind of like finding god.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    A cautionary tale as regards to meth are concerned I think, its a shame that stuff is so addictive really. Not too surprising if you take some though, if your already a speed fan then its kind of like finding god.

I will always advise against using meth. I will beg and plead with anyone on it to stop. It's a nasty, unpredictable and volitile drug. I also had a truck driver who went bonkers on me after he used meth. This was when I was an office manager and "truck boss" for a bellydumping firm in Arizona. The guy was driving erratic and I was getting phone calls from ordinary drivers that my trucker was trying to run people off the road. I had to get on the radio and call him in. When he got in I had to confront him with the reports and told him he would need to test before he could drive again. He tried to attack me, ran through the office and into the back where all the tools, parts and tires were, and started to rip things apart. It took my boss, two of his teenaged sons and one other truck driver to take him down to the ground. Meth worries me and people using it scare the hell out of me. Too unpredicatable as to how they will behave.
  • Options
    shootelmo.jpg
  • Options
    smoking.jpg
  • Options
    You are so SICK, SICK, SICK!!! Have you been taking lessons from my husband? ;)
  • Options
    You are so SICK, SICK, SICK!!! Have you been taking lessons from my husband? ;)
    i dont try...it just comes naturaly.
  • Options

i dont try...it just comes naturaly.

If only more Americans would come to this site. They'd soon learn that their perception of Brits as being stodgy, humourless and prudish is FAR from the truth! :D
  • Options

If only more Americans would come to this site. They'd soon learn that their perception of Brits as being stodgy, humourless and prudish is FAR from the truth! :D

i was on an american prison forum for a while. i made jokes about dubya...no one would talk to me. i made jokes about drugs...got banned. miserable bunch o cunts..........
  • Options
    I think the biggest problem with meth is, well with base speed you feel really confident and energetic, but with meth you Know you deserve to feel like a god.

I'll give you an example, I was in a club in Canada and I'd had two caps of meth, not that much maybe about 75mg in total. Anyway I was dancing and this girl who was sitting down and drinking looked at me for a split second. I was convinced that she wanted me! I was certain that not only did she want me but that I could just say so and she'd jump into bed with me. I'm normaly not like this what so ever. In fact it was only the fact that I was with my mate and he told me I was being stupid that stopped me just walking up and saying something like "hey you, lets fuck"
  • Options

i was on an american prison forum for a while. i made jokes about dubya...no one would talk to me. i made jokes about drugs...got banned. miserable bunch o cunts..........

Now you can see why I've married a British man this time :D
  • Options
    I think the biggest problem with meth is, well with base speed you feel really confident and energetic, but with meth you Know you deserve to feel like a god.

I'll give you an example, I was in a club in Canada and I'd had two caps of meth, not that much maybe about 75mg in total. Anyway I was dancing and this girl who was sitting down and drinking looked at me for a split second. I was convinced that she wanted me! I was certain that not only did she want me but that I could just say so and she'd jump into bed with me. I'm normaly not like this what so ever. In fact it was only the fact that I was with my mate and he told me I was being stupid that stopped me just walking up and saying something like "hey you, lets fuck"

I won't take anything that makes me feel compelled to do something stupid. I have an aversion to public humiliation :)
  • Options
    I'm guessing you've never got drunk then.
  • Options
    I'm guessing you've never got drunk then.

Oh yes, I have, in my younger years. How do you think I know about public humiliation? :D
  • Options
    i used to mainline meth in the 70s......godlike is a good description but which god ? demonic at times. all the car headreasts in parked motors turned into drug squad or cid, watching me, following me.......i was that convinced i was being watched 24hrs a day that it actualy enabled me to pull off some clever crimes. i used to love the stuff and the non stop lifestyle.
    but when your 6ft 2ins and wiegh 9stones.....it's time to get out of there ! like i've said before on here, i went straight in 86. best thing i ever did. no crime, no powder, no pills, no needles.
    just a weed and a drink. mr family man mr responsible and i have never been happier. quite a few people cracked permanently on meth. personaly i loved it.....but i loved every drug i suppose.
    garbage head.....