Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

UV growing lights?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    You can get like, stip lighting from pet shops. The kind you use in tropical aquariums and vivariums. Im not sure how poweful they are, (as I cant be bothered to go and look :p) But Im sure a few of them would do the job, as they're rather cheap too.
  • Options
    When I grew I just rigged up a slat system on which I screwed 6 4 foot tube lights (like you have in kitchens) and then lowered it just above the plants. That seemed to work.

If you are going to get a 1000w system beware of power spikes, you may get a visit from the plods. They are still after growers. Also 1000w bulbs produce A LOT of heat.

In my experiance (fairly limited) you dont need special lights for just personal stuff, however I'm sure it would grow better with that.

Also always pay cash for you lighting system, police forces in both the US and here have been known to take records from lighting companies.