Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Putting on weight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am looking to bulk up, and was wondering if you guys had any tips or hints on how I can do it cheaply !!!

I am a skinflint who lives on his own and never can be arsed to go food shopping (I know thats the main problem)

So I am looking for a cheap easy way to put on some weight, fresh stuff is kind of out of the question !

Chars!

Comments

• Options
    If fresh stuff is out of the question then you'll have to think of something else. Bulking up on junk food is bad for you, your arteries, and everything else. You won't look better or feel better. Most crash weight gain products are really expensive and not necessarily good for you.

Firstly, are you genuinely underweight? Go to your doctor first to check this. They can also give you a recommended eating plan to gain weight safely and healthily. Or they can refer you to a good dietician.

If you're getting skinny because you're not eating properly, how about just changing a few of your habits and eating properly from now on? Stuff about balanced diets etc here:

http://www.thesite.org/magazine/specials_food/

And if you're skint:

http://www.thesite.org/magazine/specials_students/health/healthy_eating_on_the_cheap.html
    http://www.thesite.org/magazine/specials_students/health/skint_gourmet.html
  • Options
    If you're underweight surely it is better to forgoe a few nights out a month and eat better, instead of suffering from malnutrician.
  • Options
    Carbo load lots of spuds high volume low protein.

Only kidding. You go down the gym right????
    When you go down there speak to a trainer or a nutritionist about you diet. Have a friend who was in a bad accident but is a diver he spoke to his trainer about bulking back up after his accedent now he's huge:eek:
  • Options
    OK mate, heres the deal, if you want to gain quality mass, not fat, then your gonna have to do something called 'BODYBUILDING' (I do it all the time :naughty: )
    For every pound u weight, eat at least that many grams of protein a day. Eg, if u weigh 140lb, your gonna have to eat at least 140g of protein a day.
    You need at least a certain amount of calories per day, otherwise you will never gain weight. These calories should consist of protein, carbohydrates, and a little bit of fat. I don't know how many calories you need because I don't know your age/weight/bodytype etc.
    You also need to go to the gym about 3 times a week, and train each bodypart once a week.
    E.g. Mon - Biceps, Lats
    Wed - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Fri - Legs, Lower Back
    Train with heavy weight, and I mean heavy. Train with enough weight so that you can just about manage 7-9 reps.
    I can go on and on and on giving you info about bodybuilding, but I'll just stop. I also suggest you take a look at www.teenbodybuilding.com and www.skinnyguy.net.
    Have fun!
  • Options
    Cheers for the advice and the links, the teen bodybuilding one is good and has some good diet tips in there.

:eek: