Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A few questions for the girls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long does your period last, on average? Does it vary from month to month, and how long is there between your periods?

Also, do you find you put on weight before and/or during your period?

Thank you!

[Me: 5-7 days, varies, gap varies wildly from 28 days to two months!]

Comments

• Options
    I'd say between 3-5 days, it does vary from month to month yeah and i generally get them every 30 days.

I tend to feel like ive put weight on just before, but thats water innit.
  • Options
    Re: A few questions for the girls
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    How long does your period last, on average? Does it vary from month to month,

About 3-7 days really depends.

and how long is there between your periods?

About 30 days

Also, do you find you put on weight before and/or during your period?

Yeah feel like a whale!:(
  • Options
    Can someone tell me why we put on weight before and during our period?

I was wel hacked off because I was doing lots of exercise and eating really well and I lost half a stone, then for no reason I put it all back on again just before my period. I continued doing exercise and so on and eating well, but now my period is over I still can't shift the weight.

I thought it was water retention and it would shift but it hasn't, and now with my extra half stone I can't fit into my tankini top!! (I'm going abroad on Saturday and now I have to fork out for a new cossie!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Can someone tell me why we put on weight before and during our period?

I was wel hacked off because I was doing lots of exercise and eating really well and I lost half a stone, then for no reason I put it all back on again just before my period. I continued doing exercise and so on and eating well, but now my period is over I still can't shift the weight.

I think it's because before your period your metabolic rate slows down a little bit. So therefor you aren't burning as many calories as you would after your period.

I read about it a while back. Thats why it's recomended you start a new exercise routine or diet just after your period has finished.

Damn bitch ass periods! :mad: :(
  • Options
    7 days....
    i only get stupid back aches that make me want to kill someone
  • Options
    Re: A few questions for the girls

Mine used to last from 4 - 7 days but now i'm on the pill it's 5 days. Again, because i'm on the pill I know exactly when my period is gonna be. I used to be fairly irregular though. I do put on weight before & till about half way through my period. Dammit. :(
  • Options
    Um, i'm on the pill but it made NO difference to my periods, cos i was really regular before... so, about every 28 days, reasoably heave, crippling period pains, and about 5 days, ish. I don't notice any weight change, but before i went on the pill, i got really irritable just before and my boobs got sore.
  • Options
    3-5 days, generally. If it's really short my periods tend to be very light with no stomach pain whatsoever (wh00t!) but I always suffer from bloating. The longer, the heavier, the more painful but fortunately my period pain never gets above mild discomfort. I do suffer heavily from depression and irritability though. I seem to go to pieces for a day or so. If anyone's got any advice on what to do or not to do it'd be very, very welcome. Courting suicidal thoughts for a day every month gets tiresome to say the least.
  • Options
    mine last about 4 days, but im on the pill, theyre heavier when im not. I usually get PMT and want to leave my husband cos hes good for nothing for at least a couple of days a month.
  • Options
    Re: Re: A few questions for the girls
    Originally posted by *hellie*
    Mine used to last from 4 - 7 days but now i'm on the pill it's 5 days. Again, because i'm on the pill I know exactly when my period is gonna be. I used to be fairly irregular though. I do put on weight before & till about half way through my period. Dammit. :(

Ditto!!!
  • Options
    Mine lasts between 4 and 6 days. i get different symptoms every month though i.e one month ill hav spots and no cramp and the next ill have cramp and no spots

im always emotional though with my PMT
  • Options
    My periods usually last 6/7 days, longest was about 10 days, shortest was about 5 days. It varies how often I have them, usually 26-30 days, 33 days this month though. I get bloated before my periods as well.
    I used to have terrible PMT, not so much in intensity of symptoms, although I was very depressed and irritable amongst other things but I had it for 3 weeks every month. The only good week I had was the week after my period. (Has anyone one else had PMT lasting that long?)
    But my homoeopath put me on GLA, I think it takes a while for it to start working but I've noticed a difference this month so it seems to be working which is great! So for those of you who suffer from PMT it might be something to consider but please bear in mind that I really don't know if you can just put yourself on it so it's probably best to ask a health professional first. But it seems to be helping me. :) He also gave me something for my period pains because I used to be sick with the pain and that's helped a lot as well, I now only have mild discomfort. xxx.:D
  • Options
    Usually 5 days and most of the time 28 days in between. I don't really notice any weight gain before, maybe I feel a little bloated but that may be psychological. Luckily I only get the occasional period pain but sometimes I pretend I have them so my boyfriend can be extra specially nice to me...hehe ;)
  • Options
    they used to last 7 days and be every 4 weeks but now im on the pill they last around 5 days and i get them every 3 weeks
  • Options
    Here is a time where i am glad to be male.........