Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

clearacil conspiracy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 22 and I haven't suffered acne for years. I wanted to clear up a bit of red, greasy area under my mouth, so I bought some biactol. I swear down, since i have started using it on my face, spots have started popping up all over, my cheeks and forehead are covered. Do they do this on purporse so that you think you have to buy more clearcil to help your new outbreak. I'm pissed off. This is shit! I'm off to get some isotrexin at the frikkin docs now.

Comments

• Options
    yeh i started using clearisil a couple of years ago for the odd spot but now i've got them all the time and i thought the same thing but i just assumed i was being paranoid, but maybe im not.... those bastard skincare companies!
  • Options
    Maybe the stuffs too strong for your skin type? Quite a few of those brands are quite harsh. Try the sensitive make instead? Clearasil make a sensitive one i think.
  • Options
    Products like Clearasil work by pulling the dirt up from under your skin, so it is likely that if you start using a new skin cleanser, you will have an outbreak of spots as your skin clears out.
    Once you've used it for a while though, your skin should get used to it and should begin to clear up. I have this problem when I change my face cleanser, but I find those spot ones like Clearasil, Biactol, Clean&Clear etc are too harsh for most people's skin. Use something a bit gentler and then use an acne cream on individual spots to dry them up overnight.
  • Options
    seriously, the best thing to do is to not wash your face much. well, you can wash it with just water, but dont use any soaps, non soap cleansers, just plain water. If i wash my face with even gentle cleanser I get spots, If i leave it then i hardly ever get them. people say oh you must cleanse tone and moisturise, but in my opinion that just ravages the skin and changes the ph balance and makes you susceptible to breakouts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    seriously, the best thing to do is to not wash your face much. well, you can wash it with just water, but dont use any soaps, non soap cleansers, just plain water.

That is true actually, my biology teacher used to tell us that. Apparently that is why people in poorer countires have clearer skin!
  • Options
    just try it for a couple of weeks and i bet it helps.
  • Options
    i only wash my face with water and I hardly ever get spots,and when I do i zap em ith a bit of Tee-tree blemish stick from Avon and they go almost over night. And if Im feeling really grubby sometimes I use some Witch Hazel products and they work too. The gel stuff they sell (the blue one, not gree-that one stinks gross) works wonders, soothes ur skin, cools it down and fights spots :)