Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Religious Weed??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it legal to have or smoke marijuana for religious reasons like if your a rastafarian?
im sure ive heard this a few times before but no one at work seems to have so i thought i'd ask you lot.
anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    Its a very interesting question and one that should be considered more carefully by the law. The use of cannabis as an etheogen is widespread but I've never heard of it actually being made legal purely for those purposes. In central America there are religious sects who have legal permission to use peyote and shroomz as an entheogen and long as the use doesnt contiue outside the spiritual and religious context. Native American indians use similar entheogens and the same rules seem to apply. In some south american countries coca is used as an entheogen, although cocaine remains illegal....All cultures have their own entheogen, the western world's one is alcohol which is used by christians in mass and other ceremonies.....Imagine if christ had turned the water into cannabis oil.....I think we'd all be going to church!!:lol:
  • Options
    I am always religious about my weed :D :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    The answer is, you might, and I meen might be able to fight any sentance you got on the basis of the Human Right Act at a EU court.
    This does allow you 'freedom of religion'.

However this wouldnt be allowed and you'd never get it passed because that would set legal president for ALL EU countries that they would HAVE to follow.

International treaties always come above national law so if you managed to win a EU human rights case that would mean that all EU countries would have to allow smoking of pot. Do you think they want that?