Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Strange substances and where should we draw the line?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just thought i'd try and pose a semi-interesting question. What is the strangest substance you have ever taken/come across?
Oh, and also wot are your views on legalisation of all drugs? Should it be done? Should we lock up people for possession/supply/manufacture? Where would you draw the line?

Comments

• Options
    Do you mean the drug that has given me the strangest experrience (mescalin) or the drug that I think is strange to use for recreation (horse tranq's) ?

I believe that is some-one wants to take something for whatever reason they should be allowed. All they are doing is harming themselves and that should not be against the law. This is simple freedom of the individual.

By this, some-one seling something that another person wants, or making some-thing that another person wants should not be illegal (here i need to say that i consider drug selling to be different from drug pushing... I have no experrience (personal or heard) of drug pushers).

I understand why the establishment does not want people to take drugs, on the whole it is not good for society. If they want people to stop taking drugs i think the correct way of doing this is to legalise (taking away the rebel appeal), and to increase peoples education and awareness, which comes as part of the biggest factor : INCREASING PEOPLES QUALITY OF LIVING.

Locking up people for importation i can semi-understand. Thats trafficing and is effectivly stealing from the country, in the loss of duty and tax's (assuming the drugs themselves are legal). Putting some-one in prison for simply having a substance, especailly one that grows naturally in most climates on the planet i think is paranoia taken to the extreme. I mean, making nature illegal?

heh..

isn't that like saying God made a mistake?

;)
  • Options
    As I've put forward earlier on this board I dont think the Uk or any country for that matter is ready for the full legalisation of drugs.
    I aggree if people were intelligent and sensible individuals then it would be a great idea and probally further the course of human nauture quite a lot. However we all know that if all drugs were legalised there would be a lot more problems.
    I dont like the law any more than most people but at the moment it needs to be there while we move towards the goal of people having a posative and constructive attitude to drugs.

As for the wierdest drugs I've done, hmm, I've tried a few rare ones but they didnt work on me, unlike my friends, (bastards!) stuff like 2-ct-7, 5-meo-dipt, and AMT.

However I think the wierdest experiance I've had was with the fairly ordinary combo of cid and K. My vision was just blobs of colour and I couldnt move, that was strange.
  • Options
    well im happy with sticking with a drink and a bit of smoke :)

its the most ive ever done and hopefully will do...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daffeh
    well im happy with sticking with a drink and a bit of smoke :)

its the most ive ever done and hopefully will do...

same ere, although i dont drink too much
    Duffy
  • Options
    me 2.i used to drink a fair bit-but not that much anymore really...smoke more dope now.its better i think-a far better lifestyle.