Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Genital Warts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
First of all hi to everyone.

I've been reading the site for a while now and think it's worth posting this as you're all very helpful...

Basically i've been going out with my first girlfriend for 1 and a half years. She noticed genital warts on herself so we both went off to the GUM and she was diag with Genital warts. They also performed a number of tests on me. One of the tests was extremely painful. The swab test. So painful i'm never going to let them perform it again.

Soon after she had been to the GUM i had noticed genital warts under my foreskin. These soon went away after using the cream she had been perscribed. But now they've come back really badly. I have skin colored spots all up my shaft and have acne like spots on my penis head which have white tops. Thers also a lot of dry skin.

I don't really want to apply lots of this wart cream to this area as it burns.

Basically i'm just wondering if anyone has genital warts which i'm sure there are plenty as i hear it's pretty common.. and how do you cope with it??

Does it ever go away??

What causes outbreaks?

Has she cheated on me?? I read that you get the warts 6 weeks after being infected. I've been having sex with this girl since the start of our relationship and we got the spots 2months ago i got mine around 6 weeks after she found hers... She's also my first sexual partener.

Sorry for al the questions..
brad

Comments

• Options
    are you her first sexual partner? Becuase while the first outbreak does generally flare up about 6 weeks later, you can get subsequent outbreaks at any point after that for the rest of your life, so it's perfectly possible that she picked it up and didn't know.
  • Options
    I'm only her third sexual partener..

thanks for the reply
  • Options
    Hi Brad,

You have to go and get checked out again, sorry but it's the only answer.

Firstly, you need a proper diagnosis. You may not have genital warts at all, it could be something else. Get to a clinic as soon as you can.

Wart treatment from the chemist is not the right stuff for treating genital warts - it has to be done with a different treatment under medical supervision. DO NOT try to treat it yourself at home.

Has she cheated on you? I can't say for sure, but I do know that warts can definitely come back after long periods of time, and in strange places. If her warts have come back, she may not have cheated at all. They can sometimes be hard to get rid of.

Factsheet:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/sex/stis/genital_warts.html
  • Options
    I got diagnosed with this yesterday. I was absolutely mortified, and I had no idea at all.

I went absolutely mental with my ex (who cheated on me). I know it could only have come from him.

Pah!!

I am so gutted. It's something that i'll have to tell every future partner, and something i'll have to live with for the rest of my life. :(

Also, having a wart FROZEN off down there was v.unpleasant. Luckily for me, I have this to look forward to for the rest of my life.

I feel so stupid.
  • Options
    I think despite the warnings of STD's, people are still protected from the harsh reality.

Genital warts really is something that you have to live with for the rest of your life. It's mind boggling.

It's very very common apparently, and a lot of people have them without even realising.

It's horrendous. I think it's one of the worst STD's that you can get.

I mean, it's enough to put you off sex for life for starters. Also, imagine having to tell (ideally) every sexual partner you have that you have this STD? And if you don't, it's very selfish. Even if you use a condom, it doesn't stop the STD from spreading.

It's a total nightmare. :eek2:
  • Options
    OMG, I feel really panicky about the whole thing now.

Help. :(
  • Options
    If you want so speak to someone call:
    Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023