Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

not coping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey. I dont really know why I'm posting; I don't want advice, I think I'm just after some reassurance that things can get better. Basically I've been suffering from depression for years. I'm on antidepressants (sertraline) and I was in a psychiatric hospital for alcohol problems last year, which means I am doing year 13 again now. At the moment, I'm really not coping. I cant find enjoyment in anything. I'm tired all the time and frequently nap during the day, but when it comes to bedtime I cant sleep. I just want to curl up in a corner and not move until this feeling goes away. I've lost half a stone and I have been self harming again (which I hadnt done for a while) I'm seeing a psychiatrist who is fantastic, but I cant deal with the day to day stuff. My schoolwork is suffering as are my friendships. My best friends have gone to uni and one of them came back this weekend, and I completely blanked her, she noticed something was up but i couldnt say anything cos it's not fair to burden her with it. My teacher at school has been fantastic but there's only so much she can know...the school have kicked me out once before for mental health stuff, i cant risk it again. please tell me if im going to get better. I'm not coping and i cant see a way out.

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry I don't really know what to say but I just wanted to let you know that I feel for you and I really hope things improve for you. I'm sure you will get through this. Warm love and a *big hug* Crazylady xxxxx.
  • Options
    Things will get better. You seem to have a very good network of support.

Try not to nap during the day, even if you really really want to, this might hlp you sleep better at night.

Things will get better, please don't lose hope.
  • Options
    things wil get better, try to find sumthin to look forwars an dnt wory bt bein a burden on ur friends, they wdnt ask if they ddnt wna knw.
    *hugs*