Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

periods at same time as those close to you

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I read somewhere on these boards that something is released through the skin during ovulation which means that women who live or work closely together have periods at the same time. Is this true? Have you ever experienced this? Can anyone explain this? What is released through the skin at ovulation and how does it affect women in close association with you? Do you know of any articles on the internet or anything that explain this? Sorry if this sounds a strange question, I just thought it was interesting and would like to understand it. Thanks. xxx.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure why it happens, but it does - my close friends and i used to get our periods at the same time (5 of us with PMT at the same time was NOT a good thing) before i went on the pill, and when my mum was at boarding school, everyone in her dorm used to get them at the same time. Not sure why it happens though :confused:
  • Options
    I don't know the chemical but it's found in the womans armpits
  • Options
    Yeah I heard about this a few years back and would like to understand it too. Seems a bit strange! Never experienced it myself though.
  • Options
    I remember when I used to live at home, me, my mum & my sister used to all be on at the same time. My poor Dad!
  • Options
    *thinks about the three guys who are living with the 8 of us girls, they're gonna want to put guns to their heads*
  • Options
    This is called synchrony. There is stuff about it on the Museum of Menstruation website www.mum.org
  • Options
    its really weird yeh, my mum and my sis and me are always on at the same time and me and my best friend are always quite close together....
    strange but true!!