Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

using dental dams during oral sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know that a dental dam is a small square plastic thing that a dentist uses but i've heard that u can buy them and use them during oral sex, does any1 know why? what are they supposed 2 do?

Comments

• Options
    What they do is simple. Just like the latex of a condom, a dental dam offers a barrier between your mouth and potential infection.

Basically, it allows sensation through, but not fluid. I have even heard of people using these for cunnilingus when the woman has her menstual period, but it is more normally associated with barrier method protection against STDs.
  • Options
    Thanx for the reply Black Knight.
  • Options
    Yeah, people tend to use dental dams when they are 'rimming' a person, ie, giving oral pleasure to the anus. Its a way of preventing STIs, but most people dont tend to use them for 'normal' oral.