Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

whats happens if i just stop the pill mid pack?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, i skipped a period as my boyf was visiting, and now working it out im gonna be on my period in like 2 and a half weeks - when he next comes home, andfor the 1st time we are going to share a bed for the night, something i dont want to be on my period for!

so if i stop it now, then straight after i have the withdrawel bleed start a new packet is that ok? im not bothered about being protected at the moment, but surely in 2 weeks when he comes i will be?! :confused:

but will i have that braking in bleed again?! eeek :eek:

the only other option is a carry another packet through missing yet another period

pleeeeease help - im so new and confused to all this pill stuff

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you stop now you'll get a period/bleed in about 3 days time. Then you could start a new packet in a week's time and carry on as normal. Problem solved. And you'll be protected.
    OR you could run two packs together and be certain that you'll be protected, and not have a period. However, before you do anything, i'd suggest that you talk to your doctor about it.
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    OR you could run two packs together and be certain that you'll be protected, and not have a period. However, before you do anything, i'd suggest that you talk to your doctor about it.

exactly what i was going to suggest. ive missed up to 3 periods in a row with no ill effect, because the period you get when on the pill is not a true period anyway, theres no need to actually have one.
    it's what i do all the time - 3 packs in a row. My doctor suggested it as i get crippling period pains. And they can't find anything to fix about them :mad:
    it's what i do all the time - 3 packs in a row. My doctor suggested it as i get crippling period pains. And they can't find anything to fix about them :mad:
    Sa-ra-ra-ra have you seen your doc about referring you to a gynaecologist to do a laparoscopy to see what's wrong?
    With most brands of pill, if you stop taking it mid-pack, you will not be protected.
    Originally posted by barbie

Sa-ra-ra-ra have you seen your doc about referring you to a gynaecologist to do a laparoscopy to see what's wrong?

Yes. She doesn't think it's anything to be worried about and apparently it'll get better once i've had children :mad:

Yes. She doesn't think it's anything to be worried about and apparently it'll get better once i've had children :mad:
    You can get treatment once they find out what's wrong, if anything. I asked loads of times before they finally got fed up of me whinging & sent me to a gynaecologist. It was such a relief to find out what I had been going through WASN'T normal, there was something wrong.