Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How far should i go?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been going out with my girlfriend for 9 months. She is a practising catholic and her dad is quite strict. The thing is i don't know how far i should go with her we are both 17 and very close as a couple

Comments

• Options
    How does she feel about this? Have you tried talking to her about it? If she practices Catholicism seriously she wouldn't be checking a non-Catholic would she? I don't really know what their beliefs are on that.

Anyway, if she is serious about her religion she won't want to fornicate because it is a sin in her beliefs and she will want to wait for marriage.

You really need to find out if she really is a Catholic in her heart or if she just goes with it because of her family.

Then you need to discuss with her what she wants out of this relationship and you need to respect her wishes.

• Options
    tell her you want to shag her in the name of God
  • Options
    Originally posted by sinndar:
    tell her you want to shag her in the name of God

What a very mature response!

Melon, do not listen to that advice! Just talk to your girlfriend and explain how you feel. And respect her feelings and convictions just like you would want yours respected - even by Sinndar!!
  • Options
    Hello my friend - Please ignore sad little people like Sinndar, he obviously has no experience of life and is therefore not able to offer any positive help.
    Many years ago I was faced with the same problem as you.
    I was a 19 year old young stud (or so I thought!!) and going out with a beautiful 18 year old Catholic girl. We had lots of good times but when it came to HEATED sex, she became very upset and confused. You are probably experiencing the same situation now, if you are still together. The BOTTOM LINE is that you are a full blooded 17 year old lad wanting to experience sex and your girlfriend, because of her current beliefs, cannot experiment with you. I felt I had to respect my girlfriends beliefs and sadly our relationship came to an end after a couple of months and yours will probably do the same, it's all part of the rich tapestry of life. Life doesn't end when you are 17 it is just STARTING - enjoy it !!