Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eating a banana before you drop...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apparently this is meant to bring you up really fast and hard. Not tryed it yet but my mate form work was going on about it. Is he telling the truth? He said something about the sodium in the banana's reacts with the MDMA.

Comments

• Options
    this has got to be one of the daftest things i have heard in my life, nearly as bad as my mate thinking you could get pissed off eating bread because of the yeast in it.

why not just wait to come up normally?
  • Options
    Never heard of that... hope its not true cos I fuckin hate bananas n would probably chuck up if I tries to eat one, wastin valuable drugs!
  • Options
    I have never heard that before either the only reason I can think of tho is that bananas are a really good source of pottasium (sp?) which gives you energy.

They used to hand them out outside a club in brixton after the hours of dancing they do make you feel better and are quite easy to eat if you have been gurning all night. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by johno
    this has got to be one of the daftest things i have heard in my life, nearly as bad as my mate thinking you could get pissed off eating bread because of the yeast in it.

why not just wait to come up normally?

Nah I think your wrong there. You're mate was obviously a complete idiot! It's not that hard to beleive that the chemcals in a banana could react with the MDMA. For the record, my mate seemed very genuine and he's not known for bullshitting at all.
  • Options
    I would just suggest that the long lasting sugers in the banana would help you during a long night out. I really dont know how it would effect the absorption of the mdma.
    Greatfruit has been known to be used to help the absorption of other drugs so maybe theres some sort of synergy, who knows?
  • Options
    Bananas can help make serotonin coz of the tytrophan(sp?) in it (so its good for a comedown). How long would it take for the banana to be fully broken down and start help producing serotonin? Would it be quick enough to effect u before u started coming up?
  • Options
    I wouldnt expect that if you ate the banana as you dropped the pill there would be enough time for the chemicals in the banana (if there are any useful ones) to be digested and then to cross the brain/blood barrier.
  • Options
    Nah not just as u dropped. I was thinkin bout 6 hrs before u dropped.
  • Options
    I doubt that it would make any difference, but what the hay, what have you to loose, its not like its going to ruin your night.
  • Options
    What if the banana gave u food poisoning? :D
  • Options
    Who'd wanna eat a banana anyway? They're big yellow and floppy r and taste of baby food. Yuk. I think Id rather eat the smartie i rammed up my nostril in Pizza Hut earlier.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Slayer_Pantera
    I think Id rather eat the smartie i rammed up my nostril in Pizza Hut earlier.

*is worried now*
  • Options
    The only thing eating a banana will possibly do to benefit you is give you more energy before you go out or when you come back !

:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Slayer_Pantera; I may get into trouble for saying this but are you one of those people who doesnt like eating bananas because they feel uncomfortable about the falic nature of it. Thus highlighting some sort of repressed sexual desire. Maybe not, just a thought.
  • Options
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES

*is worried now*

don't mind me... im demented :crazyeyes lol. And someone else ate the smartie. Not me. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Slayer_Pantera

don't mind me... im demented :crazyeyes lol. And someone else ate the smartie. Not me. :p

*is more worried*

:D
  • Options
    *is more worried*

did I also mention that he drank a drink full of various spices, and a ehm...tampon. :eek2: *is also worried*
  • Options
    *puts fingers in ears*

is not listening anymore :p
  • Options
    lol:p