Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bit of a Rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, heres a bit of a rant;

The posts that i have read today have made me think that there are a lot of people out there who are maybe under the national IQ level.
Sex is something that should be savoured between people who love and RESPECT each other, and knwo each other inmore tha jut a sexual light. The girl who posted that she is having sex with her brother needs help- not to be told that she is sick. it is attitudes like this that cuase the tragic scenes we see on the news day in day out to go on unstopped.
I do not believe that any type of sexual preference should be called 'sick' bar the abberrations we call paedophiles and bestiophiles. these are not people. the are less than comon scum, and should not be tolerated.
Everything we do is about choice, yes or no
dont let anyone force your descions, make them yourselves in an educated light.
be safe.

Comments

• Options
    Well done for expressing yourself, i feel the same way. People these days are sometimes out for on thing only and thats not what relationships are about. Commitment, Trust, Loyalty, Communication. People can do what they want in some pretense but some things are just not right; u may think i'm sexist by saying this but my golden rule is that i will not ever hit a girl in hate or anger. If a full grown male hits a female then they're bodies are generally more fragile than a man's. Plus, i don't think that anyone has a right to hit anyone, male or female, whatever the circumstances. Once again, my respect is going out to you for being you, thats what you are: you. Same goes for anyone, you are who you are.

Skate First
    Live Later.
  • Options
    Violence against anyone is wrong, be it male or female. i have male friends w2ho have been beaten up by their girlefriends who, when the try to defend themsleves have ended up on an assault charge for hitting the girl!!
    violence is something that should not be tolerated in any context or situation.
  • Options
    I used to agree with the violence issue and couldn't understand those who put up with it. Perhaps in an ongoing situation it should be untenable (and probably is) but sometimes people do commit acts which are not usual for them. I have seen this happen first hand and despite having a no tolerance attitude, have been able to forgive them (almost). Maybe some circumstances call for a look at the whole picture not just the violent act itself. I am not condoning violence of any sort between any human but maybe somethings need to be looked at more closely.

• Options
    Originally posted by La Mer:
    Sex is something that should be savoured between people who love and RESPECT each other, and knwo each other inmore tha jut a sexual light.

Yes and no.

There is more than one reason to have sex, just as there is more than one reason to eat. Having sex with someone as an expression of love can be the highest point we reach in life. This does not mean that is the only option. My g/f and I sometimes make love, and sometimes we have sex. The two are very different.

I have also had relationships in the past which are primarily physical. My experience is that when you have sex with someone, there is always an intimacy which can't easily be achieved any other way.

There are very few generalisations that can be applied. Even exploitative relationships may be more than they seem. I have come across a few master/slave relationships where there is a great deal of love between both partners.
    The girl who posted that she is having sex with her brother needs help- not to be told that she is sick.

100% with you here

I do not believe that any type of sexual preference should be called 'sick' bar the abberrations we call paedophiles and bestiophiles. these are not people. the are less than comon scum, and should not be tolerated.

Personally, I don't have anything against people who have sex with those much younger than them, or those who have sex with animals. However, it seems that most of the paedophile relationships are about abuse, usury and power and anything that causes so much damage must be wrong. Someone wants to shag a goat ? Does the goat get hurt or put at risk ? If no then the argument comes down to one of hubris. Sorry, but that's too abstruse for me.
    Everything we do is about choice, yes or no dont let anyone force your descions, make them yourselves in an educated light.
    be safe.

Yes indeedy. Individual freedom, not political, not merely ability to operate without constraints but freedom to make OUR OWN choices.

Luck
  • Options
    Ok, heres a bit of a rant;

"Sex is something that should be savoured between people who love and RESPECT each other, and knwo each other inmore tha jut a sexual light." Yes and no. Sex can be very special, but it can also just be another way to orgasm. It depends who with, and what your feelings for them are.
    "The girl who posted that she is having sex with her brother needs help- not to be told that she is sick."
    Yes, justing telling someone that they're sick doesn't help them, it just makes it worse, they're going to find it a lot harder to seek help from anyone in the future.

"I do not believe that any type of sexual preference should be called 'sick' bar the abberrations we call paedophiles and bestiophiles. these are not people. the are less than comon scum, and should not be tolerated."

People can't choose their sexuality, while paedophiles should not be tolerated because of the emotional scars they leave, if you want a relationship with a sheep, although this seems disgusting, who does it actually hurt?
  • Options
    I think that a very important subject has been brought up here and i think that this has been a refreshing change good work