Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

weed vs resin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was wondering if there Is there any difference between weed and resin in the effects they give you when smoked. Most people in the UK can only get the resin and others can get the proper weed .

ps. is there any way to stop all that tar in the smoke from getting to your lungs, would putting it through water help cause I looked inside my pipe and it was black with tar (look inside yours too shogun2002)

Comments

• Options
    of course there is a difference,weed is stronger...i have never had weed b4 though.some resin is strong though.
    just get a pipe/bong cleaner for ur pipe..u can get them in that shop in newcastle you only live once.
  • Options
    done over a mates green house,full of weed, dried it smoked, it, wouldn't really say its stronger, it's just different, more of a spaced out head on.

saying that, it's started to bud now, and bud IS strong shit, wipes me out, if ur gonna smoke it, ur risking getting hooked on fags mate, i still aint tho:p (touch wood)

mix some weed with some resin, and bong it:lol: outers!
  • Options
    no nerd

you see,you dont undersrand what I am saying shogun.

it doesnt matter about the tar in the pipe,Its the tar that gets into your lungs nerd..why would I be worried about a tarry pipe!

anyway...when are you getting that half ounce betwwen us hehehehe
  • Options
    this is like comparing chocolate with sugary sweets, theres many different types, as im sure mr roll will tell you.
    there are different types of hash that have yet to be discovered, and skunk comes in different strenghts and varieties. i understand what you meant, and im probably being a bit specific.
    i think in your question youre comparing the two standard types of skunk and block. i dont think i can answer though as iv only smoked resin a couple of times and that was mixed in with skunk.
    ive been told skunks way better though.
    Duffy
  • Options
    Re: weed vs resin
    Originally posted by you_only_ live _once
    UK can only get the resin and others can get the proper weed .

What? :confused: No problems here.
  • Options
    NO DAN no problems here either.....
    Rocky is ok To get lean on but i find it canes my throat...Although it gives me more of a chilled out buzz and makes me want to go to sleep where as with skunk i find that i am buzzing on more of a high and dont feel all that tired....Then obivously there is he price diffrence....But i have a mate who will only smoke rocky cause she gets really bad panic attacks off the buzz she gets on weed and once it comes buddy it dont stop...I have had some seriously bad panic attacks on weed too and im thinking to give up the roll and hang up my rizzlas as it is making me serioulsy depressed......(NOTE trixi was stonned when writing this....)
  • Options
    Oh yeah and my chest has got really tight recently and have had to increase my ashma inhale doesage and always make sure it is with me when im blazzin!
  • Options
    As people have said I dont think you can compare them, they are different, you can get good skunk and good hash or crap of both.

Personaly I think the hash we get in the UK is in the main preaty crap but there is some good 'pollen' floating about. However I think a good deal of the skunk in the UK is over fed when its grown and therefore gives me a bit of a headache.
  • Options
    i normally find i get a much cleaner hit from weed and skunk, like with less paranoia etc.

then again, maybe thats just me :)
  • Options
    2morrow im giving him the money.
    how much do most people here pay for a half ounce of resin?
  • Options
    25 - 30 quid, for average stuff
  • Options
    25-30 is relatively cheep for a half ounce. It depends on quality of course but I'd say if you dont know the dealer well then you could pay 10 per 1/8th.
  • Options
    wot do u call a 1/8th in ur area, where im from everyone calls it a 'dod' dunno why, just always have :)
  • Options
    Its just called an 1/8th most of the time, but to be honest there is a trend for most of the hash dealers I know not to bother with less than an 1/4. Not really because they are 'big time' but just lazy.
    We used to call an 1/8th a 'henry' in school though.
  • Options
    I cant belive I have read that question !!!! :confused:

Skunk v hash ?????

There is only one choice, c'mon its gotta be the bud!!!

Smoking resin?, you might as well smoke glue !!!

Saying that I have just got back from amsterdam and I tried some ice-o-lator !!! now that stuff rocks ! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    cannabusiness

Well, if your referring to the 'Resin' that's in mainstream UK then it's definatley skunk that's better.

Gets your more stoned, than resin. I'll repeat the word stoned because in resin it's all the pollutants and impurities which cause you to feel 'fucked'. :p

go to: www.ukcia.org - they're trying to encourage people to stop buying and selling in resin to wipe it out! :D

greenfields.
  • Options
    hurry up and get back Mr Roll, you can tell everyone about the types of hash etc! lol
    Duffy
  • Options
    hurry up and get back Mr Roll, you can tell everyone about the types of hash etc! lol
    Duffy
  • Options
    i would rather smoke bud anyday than normal hash, some of the shit we get in england is rubbish, doesn`t crumble well and sometimes has plastic in it..... i tend not to buy solids that much any more unless it is a nice chunk of pollen.
  • Options
    oh fucking hell...it gets me mad !
    resin is the strongest weed possible purely from the way it's made. this standard government issue thats available has given resin a bad name. there is is propper resin arriving that will make you realise why people bother to make the stuff. but it's happening slowly. i cant be arsed to type out all that info again...resin is the fucking bees knees....but not what's commonly available.
  • Options
    yes mr weed expert i know resin is strong, but the shit we get here isn`t.

in amsterdam there are loads of nice hash both dark & light.... when it comes to hash i like nepal stuff most.

but i would still rather smoke bud as it is nicer to smoke and i like the way it gets you stoned.
  • Options
    with the stuff that's commonly avaliable, i would much much rather smoke skunk or weed - to the extent that i'd rather go without if it's hash. Maybe at some point my mind will be changed, but for the moment, the stuff that you can buy is shite.
  • Options
    yes mr weed expert
    you say that in a sarcastic way, but he is :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    Madelaine

About 40% of resin in the uk is a morrocan/french hybrid which is pretty shit. I have been getting "H no.1" from the dam recently which goes a long way to answering for me, i'm paying £55 an ounce buying 9 at a time. But i still like a Northern Lights when i can get it.
    Without a doubt the finest resin i've had since the Palestinians stopped growing to fight the Israeli death squads. Oh for blond Leb, well at least i can dream.
  • Options
    Granted a lot of the hash in the Uk is crap but to wipe it out all together, thats a bit harsh isnt it? What would the teenagers smoke?

Plus anyone who's smoked nepalese temple balls wouldnt want to get rid of solid, now that stuff is quality
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    25-30 is relatively cheep for a half ounce.
    GEEESSS GUYS I PAY 35-40 on an ounce!!!
    Who the hell are u lot getting it off???!!!!???
    (Trixi reminds u not to answer that!!)
  • Options
    Price really depends on the qaulity that you buy and how much you buy at a time. If you only buy 1/8ths or god forbid 5 draws then obviously then you will get a crap deal.
    I think comparing price in a situation like this is pointless because yes people maybe paying less than you but then they maybe buying kilos of crap soap bar and you maybe buying 1/8th of pollen.
    However hash is really cheap if you can find a good dealer.
  • Options
    Re: Madelaine
    Originally posted by The Witness
    Oh for blond Leb, well at least i can dream.

you gotta be a wrinkly like me mr witness. talking lebanese ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    What would the teenagers smoke?
    OI im a teenager and have only smoked resin once, and that was only a toke or two :D
    Duffy
  • Options
    well im a teenager and i just smoke resin...i cant get weed yet.