Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shrooms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whens the best time to look.:confused:

I've heard every month of the year so far depending on who I talk to.

Comments

• Options
    autumn. but already on the welsh moors abovce denbigh in north wales people are picking with good results. they rely on damp. it is very damp and cold upn thoier now at night. why all the cannabis crops are in or will be by next weekend. autumn movinbg inb faST ROUND HERE THO LUVERLY DAYS.
    the best ,mushroomds are npporth wales/... thats what ypou buy in amsterdam.
    if your a bit of a boiz head you caan make a few bob from welsh nmush to dam.....stoned,.
  • Options
    September - October,,,,, U might be lucky to get hold of some now b\c the weathers begining to change but i dunno this weather has been so screwed up this year...

Its normaly when things start getting a bit colder,,,, dont leave it too late tho in october, if theres a big freeze and it gets too cold they die off
  • Options
    Hmmm, I feel a quick trip to Brecon coming on.
  • Options
    2 right Ants... I think sometimes going on a day out to get em can be wicked.. go out into the moores were theres a few spots where u can get a load,, normally get lost,, all part of da fun

Almost time to go ---> :crazyeyes :confused::) (Prob a good way of summing the things up)
  • Options
    Far too dry still in Somerset - only one day of rain so far this month, and the forecast said this morning that it will stay dry for another week.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Down here in the sunny south the best time to look for Liberty Caps IMO is early october although Fly Agarics can be found right now!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    We use to look in the Southeast US right after it rained in black angus cow shit. But, for the last 8 yrs they come from Oregon. They have golden caps and can get huge. You notice the stems turn purple where they are squeezed when picked. I prefer them b/c they are lab grown and twice as strong. Do all the mushrooms in Europe come from the wild?
  • Options
    The varst majority of the shrooms that I've seen around in the london area have been outdoor ones that have been picked and then sold on the market by hippies.

There is a growing trend towards homegrown ones though, the problem is that the hippies who seem to have the market sown up arent really ruthless capitalists.
  • Options
    Yes its funny here in the states. You can go to certain hippy festivals and get all the shrooms, powder mdma, kind bud you need but once you go to the city its a lot harder to come by. Sometimes I wonder where they all come from. I went to a 80,000 person music festival out in the middle of no where this summer with a plethera of hippys and it just makes you wonder where they come from and what they do for a living.
  • Options
    K is preaty big on the hippy scene here too, that and there's been a rise in the number of strange sideline 'research chemicals' too.
  • Options
    "K" is heard of here in the hippy scene, but seldom seen. In fact the last time I went to San Fran, I noticed its not the drug of choice. I guess its more accessable in England and legal. My friends over there get it from India. I also here its big in Hong Kong. Here it use to come from Florida which is why it was bigger on the East coast. It was Ketaset from the vet and the best stuff around. There was a huge bust about 3.5 yrs ago and now it comes from Mexico and isn't nearly as good. Its bigger in the club scene.
  • Options
    Yeah there used to be quite a lot around that came from phamacies abroad herre to but I think thats changing. The chinese who used to export most of the 'street' K to the UK have bowed to pressure and are only exporting 'freebase' K now which really isnt any use to anyone. There is still liquid around which normaly comes from sqwaters, fuck knows where they get it.

As for the law in the UK Ket has a slightly strange legal standing. Possesion isnt against the law but buying and selling it is without a phamacy licence. However you can import it for personal use if you apply for a import licence from the Home Office which isnt actualy that hard. However if you then sell it then its breaking the law.
  • Options
    Where is sqwaters? Like I said, my friends in London fly to India and come back with shit loads. I read that its all imported into China and Hong Kong. Probably from India, Pakistan. China is one place you don't want to get caught with drugs in. They are known to take you to a undisclosed alley and shoot you in the head for dealing drugs and then announce it to the public for prevention. I remember when "K" had about the same legal status here as in London. What happened is a reletively unknown drug(recreationally), started to get attention as young and irresponsible kids in the rave scene strted dying from GHB and impure pills. "K" became associated with the scene and the laws tightened on it. On the bright side, they don't drug test for it, they don't train dogs to smell it, and in liquid form its easy to pass off as something else. We have ours sent from friends in London b/c its so much its so much cheaper. We only do it once or twice a year since its kinda a pain. So I'm looking foward to coming over there in November so I can partake. You guys get almost everything cheaper.
  • Options
    morocan roll, where about in north wales do you recommend?

bit too early i reckon, give it a couple of weeks and i will be up my park most days after work picking.
  • Options
    i got some:p not many though,but a bit of wet in the week now,and they will be everywhere by the week end, YEY!
  • Options
    Sqwaters is a place, its a group of people who live in abandoned buildings, travelers, generaly people that are quite nice but you wouldnt trust your live with.

As for K, yes I know that a lot does come from India, you can buy it over the counter there, however the big bulk of phamacy K was coming from China because unless you want to bring it back yourself (a big risk) they were the only people who would send it to you.
    I think India will take over from China as a supplier but as with China it will only be a matter of time till they have to change the law and they will only export freebase too. A bit of an arse really but the stuff is quite addictive.
  • Options
    Originally posted by johno
    morocan roll, where about in north wales do you recommend?

bit too early i reckon, give it a couple of weeks and i will be up my park most days after work picking.

one of my sons who lives in manchester has just been camping on the edge of the denbigh moors. look for denbigh on a map. 10 miles inland from rhyl on the coast. he found about a 1,000 in the first hour...and that was about seven in the evening. they start to die off in sunlight and warmth so that many at that time of night aint bad going. if you go there early morning the floor is carpeted in them. they are reckoned to be the strongest in the world. good money to be made for those who make the effort. thinking about it and actualy doing it though...
    if your a doer, you'll also enjoy yourself harvesting this stuff.
    denbigh moors. pub called the sportsman. all around that area and no one will bother you.
  • Options
    can you get flashbacks off shrooms?
    [random question no. 256]
  • Options
    Fly's are defo out already... yum yum! :D

Anyone else partaking in this extremely weird and wonderful shroom this year. I'm dissapointed that I havn't found anyone else on these boards who've tried them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Fly's are defo out already... yum yum! :D

Anyone else partaking in this extremely weird and wonderful shroom this year. I'm dissapointed that I havn't found anyone else on these boards who've tried them.

i tried fly agaric when i was 16. ended up in a coma for three days. they always..possibly only, i'm not sure, seem to grow around silver birch trees. around manchester they are available on railway embankments where there are silver birch.
  • Options
    which railway embankments?
    [easy money making idea :D]
    Duffy
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

i tried fly agaric when i was 16. ended up in a coma for three days. they always..possibly only, i'm not sure, seem to grow around silver birch trees.

Where I used to be a greenkeeper, I used to find thousands of liberty's but the by far the most common magic mushroom was the fly agaric. Yes they do mostly grow around silver birch saplings. Here in the new forest they are everywhere you look at this time of year. It's weird that one of the most common mushrooms in the country also happens to be one of the most potent natural drugs in the country.
    Originally posted by Duffy
    [easy money making idea ]

Don't go selling these to anyone, they are not to be pissed about with. A couple of years ago, we were at this free party just down the road and these hippies who I'd known in the village all my life introduced them to us. Me an my mates ate about 4 caps each and that pretty much put an end to the night. I'm quite serious when I say they are nothing like normal liberty's.

As Mr Roll comented, after tripping your tits off they'll send you into a really deep and wonderful sleep. I wasn't asleep for as long as three days but be prepared to be incapacitated for a fair old while. I love 'em but you really do have to know what your doing.

Cook 'em and an dry 'em out in the oven, then eat the caps whole and on your first time do not eat more than 4-5 caps. I'm sure the dose changes for season and location so please be really careful if you do decide to do these.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    my first experience was my last. i have been told that i should have only taken the skin off the top...but i aint trying again.
    they were hugely popular in russia for centuries, at religous festivals and coronations and such like. the peasants would collect the piss from the piss pots and drink it. it is apparently 100 times stronger once it has passed through someone else.
    taking the piss.....no rrealy. read it up somewhere in cultural history. have a look round the net. dont know what you'd type in...sure you'll suss it out. drug taking over the centuries in every culture, has always been with us. WE ARE NOT NEW.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    they were hugely popular in russia for centuries, at religous festivals and coronations and such like. the peasants would collect the piss from the piss pots and drink it. it is apparently 100 times stronger once it has passed through someone else.

The Lapps (as in people from Lappland) used to herd up raindeer by throwing them on the growed. Aparently the deer have aquired quite a taste for them adn go crazy when they get so much of a sniff. The Lapps also drink the urine from the deer becasue the chemical isn't broken down in the body and can be recylcled many many times.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    The piss story is true, however is anyone really that desperate for a trip?

As for flashbacks as someone mentioned, yes you can get them, you can get them from any major event in your life, car crash, giving birth, etc.
    It has NOTHING to do with the drug that you have taken, do NOT belive anyone when they say that a flashback is the drug working again, its not.
    Brains remember significant events and then for some reason they play them back sometimes, thats what it is.

They very rarely happen to even the most hardened tripper.