Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

arggggggggggggggggggh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last monday I made the decision to have a detox week inclusive of this weekend, I've been drinking, smoking and pillin very heavily of late and decided a weekend indoors would be sensible.

I even went out and got extremely pissed (I slept in the toilet) last night in a desperate attempt to ease the pain of a weekend with myself for company, which kind of defeats the point of a detox week, but i only drank so thats o.k.

My main problem is

I WANT TO FUCKING GO OUT

Which leads me to conclude that I've got a problem :eek2: Does anyone else ever get like this ? I must of been out every friday and saturday since July, now I'm not going out I'm going insane :(

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Sounds familiar... me and my mates are just the same, we cannot go a weekend without doing pills whether we go clubbing or not.

The only mates of mine that manage it are those with girlfriends, but at the end of the day is who's better off? :confused:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    oh dear ebb. if you can get through the week on lots of healthy veg and meat and milk and fruit and stuff and a bit of walking....you deserve to blast it at the weekends.
    friday nights and saturdays were designed for that very purpose. sundays were designed to recover...but B n Q and the likes have almost destroyed our day of rest.
    stop flapping you wimp ! you got years in you....the alcohol though, realy is the damaging one. it's not just druggy fightback bullshit. the alcohol is the one with imediate and long term suffering.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    oh dear ebb. if you can get through the week on lots of healthy veg and meat and milk and fruit and stuff and a bit of walking....you deserve to blast it at the weekends.
    friday nights and saturdays were designed for that very purpose. sundays were designed to recover...but B n Q and the likes have almost destroyed our day of rest.
    stop flapping you wimp ! you got years in you....the alcohol though, realy is the damaging one. it's not just druggy fightback bullshit. the alcohol is the one with imediate and long term suffering.

I know, I know pathetic, well its now gone eight so the worse has passed, gonna have a big well packed spliff in a minute (detox :rolleyes: ) and settle down in front of the tele, might go out tomorrow, one night off is a decent achievement.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    but B n Q and the likes have almost destroyed our day of rest.

replace that little 'n', with a capital 'B' - and lazy Sunday afternoons return:D

(B B Q - get sorted:p )
  • Options
    Originally posted by WHSpliff.net

replace that little 'n', with a capital 'B' - and lazy Sunday afternoons return:D

(B B Q - get sorted:p )

yes mr spliffy i'm with you...just. i am that mashed it took awhile. happy harvest festivle..
  • Options
    No Ebb but ive been there m8......

Became very messy 2 years ago and now i can only go out pillin... once a month, twice sometimes if theres some good nights\djs i cant miss...

U gotta find stuff to take ya mind off it.... getting fuckked day after day beer-pills-weed.. it dont do ya no good....... but really i shouldnt be commenting b\c i am pissed n stoned right now which i am every night...
  • Options
    I was gonna start a similar thread. I can happlily go a coupla weekends without taking anything, but when I Do go out, I invariably end up getting fucked off my tit. So A couple of months ago I decide to stick to a couple of pills a night max, with no other dugs. But I can't do it anymore. When I come up, I just need more. 3 pills is my absolute minimum, and I often find myself thinking "a bit of K would be nice" and usually give in to that too. It has me slightly worried, to the point where sometimes I'd rather not go out, as I kow I'll take a lot, and will fell shite on the comedown.

I'm having various troubles at the moment fighting off depression and apathy, and taking a lot of drugs on a night out doesn't help in the least the following few days, but I can't seem to be sinsible when I do go out.

Still, I don't think its too much of a problem yet, as relative to a lot of people I don't take *that* many, but at the same time I wish I could control it more.
  • Options
    lol its never bothered me spending a weekend in by myself. Its nice to just spend a weekend in watching TV/films, playin my decks, messing around on the net.

Why dont u arrange to go the cinema with some1 for the night, thats what i did last night :)
  • Options
    Am having a narcotic free month.

My fave club was having a free night last night. Was going to go in with a mate but was too afraid that, without chemical influence I realised that it was actually quite crap.

It's happened before.
  • Options
    hmmm, sometimes I'm glad I stick to one night on pills a month. But I'm no saint, I think if I had the kind of friends that go out every weekend, I'd be there too.

Fact is, if dance music starts playing and the opportunity is there, I'll take them. There's no way I'd go out and say no if they were offered, lol. And once I start, there's no such thing as "only doing a couple", lmao, have you met anyone that can do that?? We always order a few more than needed, just in case they aren't much good, cos once we start, we're there till lunchtime the next day and the last avenue of supply has been exhausted.

The only time I'd refuse is if I had work the next morning. My friends aren't 9-5ers and sometimes get fucked on a thurday/sunday night. I just don't go out these nights. No way I'd risk having to go straight to work at 9am after a feed of pills, my eyes are way too obvious.

Saturday at about 7-8pm is the worst time, dance music on the radio, nothing on telly, still plenty of time to get ready and go out... if I had more access to them, I reckon I'd be an every-weekender too.

But as it stands, it's been once a month for a long time now. It makes the anticpation and excitement so much better, it's a real occassion. I haven't touched a thing since Creamfields last month, and this weekend is the biggie, my mate's birthday, the pills are ordered, the tickets are bought, the outfits are chosen, and I've been waiting 4 weeks to dance. My stomach starts churning just thinking about it :D