Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Like A Yo-Yo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

How many pills does it take (and that means spread out; not necessarily in one session!) before you start getting comedowns?

I'd always heard of them but I've never ever had a comedown... until my 12th pill.

I started dropping in October 2001 and have taken about one pill per month since then. No comedowns at all. Then, this July, I dropped a half and came down for two days ! :eek:

So is it normal to start having comedowns so "late" in your initial e career?

Thanks. And also , do you guys think that comedowns are that bad? I'm kinda glad I experienced mine, I was proud of myself (like the first time you ride a bike!) and I actually found the paranoia feeling very enlightening.

Comments

• Options
    I only started in May of this year. My only first real experience of a comedown was at V2002. It wasn't as harsh as it could be but nevertheless, i knew what was happening. I was with a bunch of people i'd met whilst all loved up. Then as dawn approched I thought 'I don't no these people, who are they?' I had also lost the energy to string a decent sentence together. I made my excuses, and stumbled back to my tent, where my mates were. Crashed out soon after.

Still, fucking top night though! :thumb:
  • Options
    During summer I was taking bout 7/8 pills each weekend, without a comedown...then on the weekend just b4 I started back at college I only had 4 and the comedown the next day was horrendous (sp?)...:confused:

Does the type of pill you take influence the comedown??? :confused:
  • Options
    never really had a terrible lie in bed all day type of comedown, but I do suffer from moody tuesdays, major depression n girly tearful outbursts over trivial things.... altho I'm usually ok as I know the reason for it
  • Options
    I didn't get comedowns for a while, and then usually only gentle ones. Then I went through a kinda late honeymoon period last summer, where if anything I was happier than normal the days after. That ended when my parents came home from hoilday though :impissed:

Now I have learnt how to ride my comedowns back to normality, and usually there are no problem.
  • Options
    When you take pills, they increase the levels of seretonin (sp?) in your brain, which is the chemical that makes you happy.

When you comedown the brain is lacking in this chemical and takes a while before you reach the natural levels again, hence the depression !

Comedowns are the downside to drug taking but they dont outwiegh the good times or we wouldnt do em.

I often get slight depression on a tuesday but soon goes when I realise what day it is!
  • Options
    How come I get comedowns one week and not another (after taking the same amount of pills)??? seeing as it only takes 3-4 pills for your serotonin to be released??? :confused:
  • Options
    It's all different

I've taken loads n loads n loads and generally all the come downs ive had are different depending on what type of pill, how many, if youve been drinking, if you aint.
    All people are differnent because there body deals with it differenly, know a girl who take half a pill and then she's wiped out for day's after it.
    :lol:
    It's the same with different types of drugs as well compare musshies to pills or wizz and charlie and there all different.
    Fruit juices soothing tunes and a big smoke on the sofa the following day is what i recomend!!!

But i love em all so dont care about the aftermath.:naughty:
  • Options
    How to make a comedown easier...

For the perfect comedown you will need.......

A large sofa/bed big quilt and tarcksuit btms (and some company)

Chocolate and munchies, when you can eat get some chocolate in you and some greasy food, pizza is good and a large fruit and nut bar!

Alcohol, puts the edges back on things and makes you feel more human.

Videos or DVDs to mask the fact you cant make intelligent conversation or form sentences.

Take the phone off the hook (you always get a call from parents or something when you cant talk)

And finally a big bag of skunk weed! :D

And if that doesnt help go to Holland and Barratts (the herbal health shop) and go for some 5htp (they will know what you mean) they are herbal tablets that help you sleep and when you wake up in the morning everything is sparkly and new!

They really work and are a god send, theyu cost about £15 for 60 so they will last you ages, cos you only need two, and when you take them you kinda get a clean coming up feeling too !

5-htp :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I'm lucky, I've never really had a bad comedown. I do be "wiped" the following day, and I have had the tuesday blues, but never anything major, and I'm normally cheerful cos I've had a great night.

In fact I don't even get slightly paranoid anymore when I'm comming down, cos I recognise it for what it is.

I like lying in bed, with water, lots of lip balm and a good book the day after.
  • Options
    The comedown you get really depends on a lot of factors, its not just the drugs that you take, it depends on you body chemistry at the time, how well you've been sleeping, how much you drunk etc.