Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I got the police to admit they were wrong!

I witnessed a stop and search a while ago and as I was walking past I heard one of the policemen ask one of the suspects that he was already searching what his name was. At this point no paperwork was being filled out as it should be, and it is a legal requirment.

So I wrote to my local police chief about thi matter asking him to look into it for me so as to reasure me that a record was made of a stop and search at that time and place, which I say again is the LAW, they MUST do it.

The comment I got back was;
"as you were not involved in the incident, police are not obliged to investigate this as an official complaint"

Well this was a shit response so I wrote to me MP so I could get him on my side and hassle the police for me.
Today I go this response from Chief inspector John Bell;
"I have enquired into the matter, and can say that there is no record of any person having been stopped and searched by police as or near that location on the date in question"

Now if I'm not mistaken that is a chief inspector admiting that one of his police officers has conducted an illegal stop and search.

Be VERY careful people, this happens all the time, we have to protect ourselves because its obvious to me that the police arent the ones to do it.

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!!!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The police do it all the time...

Especially at night, i used to work nights and coming home from work at 4am used to be quite amusing... Police pulling ya up and asking all the usual bullshit... who are you? what you doing? where u going? do u mind if we search u?

Its like they dont have anything better to do at that time so they'll just stop and search ya.. and if u do happen to be carrying anything dodgy! Extra browny points for them.. How sad...

Now everytime I been searched,, i can't remember any books where they were noting anything down in either...
  • Options
    I say give the police some lee-way (sp?)

Fair enough, the rules have to be strict, to avoid corruption and abuse, but...

If i was one of those people that were stopped, and I had the choice of being rapped on the knuckles (metaphorically), and being able to walk away....

OR

Having to go back to the station, having to fill in forms, have an officail caution and all the paper work be done properly..

I know which i would chose.

Yes, people should stick up for there rights, and know what they are....
    But don't act like this has offended you personally.

They're people as well, and there is no point in making their lives that much shittier just because you want to show them you know your rights.
  • Options
    Re: I got the police to admit they were wrong!
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I witnessed a stop and search a while ago and as I was walking past I heard one of the policemen ask one of the suspects that he was already searching what his name was. At this point no paperwork was being filled out as it should be, and it is a legal requirment.

So I wrote to my local police chief about thi matter asking him to look into it for me so as to reasure me that a record was made of a stop and search at that time and place, which I say again is the LAW, they MUST do it.

The comment I got back was;
    "as you were not involved in the incident, police are not obliged to investigate this as an official complaint"

Well this was a shit response so I wrote to me MP so I could get him on my side and hassle the police for me.
    Today I go this response from Chief inspector John Bell;
    "I have enquired into the matter, and can say that there is no record of any person having been stopped and searched by police as or near that location on the date in question"

Now if I'm not mistaken that is a chief inspector admiting that one of his police officers has conducted an illegal stop and search.

Be VERY careful people, this happens all the time, we have to protect ourselves because its obvious to me that the police arent the ones to do it.

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!!!

Hey, we've got a mini spliffy! :D
    oh, and iv got 250 posts now :D
    Duffy
  • Options
    insane eh? :mad:
    oh, wait, thats about right :D
  • Options
    calm down bong bud....get real. your bong run outa buds or what ? they are coppers. they got a job to do. you dont honestly expect these guys to start fucking writing little notes every five mimutes do you. give these guys a break. give yourself a break and go and score for fucks sake...you sound like a little old lady.
    chill out and keep your nose out. plods boots mihght just come walking all over you mate.
  • Options
    My friend got pulled over for drunk driving the other night...she hadn't had anything to drink! :lol:

Me, on the otherhand, underage and drunk with a cup of Absolut in my hands, felt the need to say from the back seat - "Oh no, officer. She's just an awful driver. She can't drive worth shit."

Yeah, didn't have to do with that, but he didn't take any information from us and let us go on our merry way. Great stuff.
  • Options
    Depends if you have anything on you, I would prefer a brief encounter with plod, a quick search and away in 5 minutes, instead of filling out form and other legalities.
  • Options
    I aggree that it would be better for a copper just to stop you for five mins rather than having to go back to the station. But thats not the point, if they dont arrest you then you dont have to go back to the station with them.
    Frankly I'm surprised that a few of you seen to endorse the police breaking the law, where do you draw the line? If it happened to you would it be different?
    I had a friend who was stopped in the maner every day for two weeks, no paper work was filled out, were they justified in saving time by not doing it?

I can understand that there is a lot of paperwork that goes with being a polive officer and that this stops them from doing other work but the law is there and they should follow it.

Thinking about it getting a search warrent for houses is a lot of paper work why dont we just let them do that too, oh and trials, they're a hassle arent they.

The police are not there to interpret the law, they are there to enforce it.
  • Options
    were only talking about coppers doging a bit of paper work and hassling a few poeple, not exactly corruption is it. i've been breaking the law all my life...so have most coppers. in the early 80s i had three coppers buying thier drugs off me !
    i've been a proffesional villain and have never hated the police. the odd few yes. but coppers are just you and me in a uniform..good ones ..bad ones. your granny gets kidnapped who do you tutrn tro. if your breaking the law , then do your damdest to not get caught.
  • Options
    Oh well I guess we disaggree on this one, personaly I find the idea that the police can enforce the law if/when they feel fit preaty scary. Not to mention the civil liberties invasion.