Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Smoking etiquette

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
O.K, lets have a list of the unwritten rules of smoking you've heard over the years :)

Comments

• Options
    Whoever packs the bowl doesn't take the first hit
  • Options
    the person who owns the weed gets as much as he wants
    &
    whoever rolls the joint is on firsts
    &
    whoever calls for 2nds, 3rds etc usually gets em
    theres loads more but iv forgotten em
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    the person who owns the weed gets as much as he wants

Gah, I've broken that one. Just call me joint hog. ;)
  • Options
    Gah, I've broken that one. Just call me joint hog. ;)

My mates the worst, i passed him a joint, he passed it when there was about 1\3 left on it, then tried to convince us there was loads near the roach [id seen him roll it, there was none lol]
    grrrrrr
    Duffy
  • Options
    As given in previous posts, whoever rolls has first smoke. Same goes for whoever owns the weed. Plus if theres a joint between four of us, we do two drag pass so we all get a fair amount.
  • Options
    whoever owns the weed gets to choose the music, but i suppose that depends if you're inside or not
  • Options
    Does: whoever owns the weed gets to take the rest of you into a scary wood in the middle of the night to smoke jsut so she can make references to Blair Witch and show the rest of the group the pretty natural pentagram she found in the trees fall under the unwritten rules.

Fuckin evil bitch. :D
  • Options
    Does: whoever owns the weed gets to take the rest of you into a scary wood in the middle of the night to smoke jsut so she can make references to Blair Witch and show the rest of the group the pretty natural pentagram she found in the trees fall under the unwritten rules.

rofl :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    whoever rolls the joint is on firsts

Roller's Rights!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    rule number one....DONT GET CAUGHT.
  • Options
    Never pass a lady an unlit spliff
    The passer of the spliff, if already having had their share, is able to tax it for passing it from one person to another.
  • Options
    Fish!

To solve any problems of who to pass the spliff to, when done with it, the smoked calls out "fish". The first person to reply with an echoed "fish" gets the spliff. This way is not only fair, but there is also a likelyhood that the least stoned person would get the spliff.
  • Options
    I've heard of that one, but with the word "quiz"
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    I've heard of that one, but with the word "quiz"

And the reply as "ego" by any chance??
  • Options
    Always pass to the left unless, you are skinning up with some one elses weed then it goes to them next :eek2:

You must always bring something to the table, if you have no weed then you must skin up or bring munchies or beers.

NEVER ask for a joint before its past to you, unless the person is "marrying it"

:nervous:
  • Options
    When i was living in sydney this wot we did, who ever is ready to pass would say a number lets say 7, then who ever answered by doubling the number which is..........14 would get the joint.

It may sound a bit stupid but it worked quite well because the more stoned you r the slower you r to react to the number, and the less stoned the quicker you r and the more u need the joint. You can say the number in the middle of a sentance aswell like" wot have u been up 2 today" or " i'm dying 4 a piss".........give it a go b4 u start laughing at me! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    We sometimes use the "fish" rule, but instead of echoing fish the person that wants the J has to say a type of fish.

Once that was in place for a while we added variations... "mamal", "flightless bird" etc etc.

Its considerd courtasy to say it nice and early on tricky ones....

tricky ones include "flying mamal", "non australian marsupial" and "animal that cannot fly, but does".

Ok, it all seems a little silly in the cold hard light of day, but its amusing at the time.
  • Options
    My mates have the fish game too, also if weed is low, we have a two toke and pass policy. Also anyone who bums a joint is heavily bollocked, joints are unstable enough without them being drenched saliva.
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    "animal that cannot fly, but does".

Flying fish!

sorry, but it took me a while to work out, and i'm sober
  • Options
    Nope.

They jump, then glide.
    Much like flying squirrels.