Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

legalisation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I assume most people writing on this forum, have taking drugs at some point in there life. But what do people think of legalisation and to what extent? I fluctuate between being up for the total legalisation of all drugs to even a total ban on alcohol, depending on my mood. There are so many issues to consider, that i can't take a definate standpoint. How do other people feel?

Comments

• Options
    I think Cannabis should be legal and all drugs should be decriminalised. I think we should give more help to sufferers of all kinds of addiction.

I don't think anyone who uses the 'but alcohol is just as damaging and thats legal' argument is capable of giving an informed opinion because the argument is not sophisticated and makes no sense...so I agree with you when you say you go from one extreme to the other...at least you think beyond that
  • Options
    make evrything in the world ilegal..even bread and beans.
    the more things that are ilegal the more money me and my mates make.
  • Options
    I think part of the excitement of doing these things apart from getting munted is the fact that you are not supposed to?

There will never be total decriminalisation in this country because they would have to make things standardised in strength. Which would lead to a decrease in sales to make everything "safe" and ppl would just go see there friendly neighbourhood dealers as normal!

I really should give things more thought before typing (damn need a spell checker too !)
  • Options
    I think cannabis should be legalized, and other drugs should not get confiscated if found in your possesion unless you intend to supply. although there would be problems with that.
    Duffy
  • Options
    But what would be classified as intent to supply? My friend sometimes has 100 pills for recreational use, how could she prove it?
  • Options
    My main beef with the illegality with drugs is that a consider myself a very good citizen, i never break the law(with one exception), and i work hard, so it pisses me off that i could be sent to jail for up to 5 years if i get caught with pills for example isn't that messed up? I also think it is messed up that guns are legal in america but cannabis isn't?
  • Options
    But what would be classified as intent to supply? My friend sometimes has 100 pills for recreational use, how could she prove it?
    By buying drugs in smaller quantities for example.
  • Options
    Now every one knows I support legalisation of cannabis, but I now think the case is getting better for almost all drugs, although I keep a reserve on crack & smack.

Check this out, it's a guy that I've spoken too a good few times, he's ex-operational chief of the Met's drug squad, and he's currently involved in advising the government on their drug policy (not that the bastards are listening) - he's fucking cool!

Eddie Ellison’s Legalisation Home Page

But doesn't he look like a copper (& hard bastard) :D
  • Options
    yeah smack especially, i dont understand how people get into it but im never gonna, im gonna make sure of that
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    yeah smack especially, i dont understand how people get into it but im never gonna, im gonna make sure of that

thats what i said duff and ended up a heroin addict for years.