Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stop the coming destruction and genocide of Iraq demonstrate on September 28th

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    Sheer, unadulterated Bullshit. The Soviets and the Chinese were/are far more oppressive than any western country and neither have anything resembling a "good" foreign policy, yet neither of them had/have much problem with terrorism. Your logic (in this case, lack of it) is rather flawed. Please, get a psychiatric evaluation.
    Oh yes they have what about Chechnya! When Russian troops went in to crush Chechen separatists guerrillas a couple of years ago! Who had been carrying out bomb attacks in Russian cities demanding independence from Russia.

What about Serbia's problem a few years ago when it went into Kosovo to crush the Kosovan Albanian KLA which had been carrying out terrorism in Serbia!

As for China and Tibet China didn't experience terrorism because they totally and brutally overan the country from the start when they invaded destroying any signs of opposition to their rule at all and killing and slaughtering hundreds of thousands!

When Turkey began buldozing thousands of Kurdish village in Kurdistan and forcing hundreds of thousand of Kurds to flee their homes and banned the Kurdish language that was when they started getting terrorist attack from the PKK who started bombing Turkish cities and holiday resorts in response to the oppression of their people!

In Northern Ireland how come the IRA suddenly grew massive and started a massive terrorist campaign after Bloody Sunday in January 1972 when Birtish paras murdered 14 people and injured 13 more are going on the rampage and firing hundreds of bullets at a banned civil rights march! The Provisional IRA was a direct response to British oppression in Northern Ireland which consisted of things like mass house searches in which Catholic homes were effectively smashed to pieces, and internment without trial in which hundreds of Catholics were arrested on mere suspicion of being members of the IRA!

The Intafada in the Palastinian occupied terrortries would also not exist if Israel had not occupied another peoples land and made them second class citizens who are regulary terrorised by being arrested tortured and killed by Israeli armed forces!

TERRORISM IS A RESULT OF OPPRESSION OK!!!!

http://www.stopwar.org.uk
  • Options
    Steelgate,

Are you able to comprehend the difference between "Soviet" and "Russian"?

Please, PLEASE, get a psychiatric evaluation. Really, not making accusations, just suggesting that a good doctor can help.
  • Options
    Single exceptions only show your own foolishness Greenhat, I am afraid youd stand little chance of proving anything in an officially sanctioned debate. One need only look at the comparative extent of Soviet/Chinese vs. US influence and profiteering throughout history to see that the weight of evidence is against you.
  • Options
    Are you able to comprehend the difference between "Soviet" and "Russian"?
    Russia in the Soviet era did face massive resistance when its army was sent into Hungary in 1956 to stop reforms by the moderate government! Then the Russian army faced a massive guerrilla war by the Hungarian people which nearly totally destroyed the Hungarian capital!

The main reason Russia in the Soviet era didn't face much terrorism was because the Soviet regime was so brutal, it ruthlessly crushed all opposition completely! Millions and millions were killed in the Soviet era. China was just as brutal under Mao! Ten per cent of the population of China died under Maos brutal rule where no opposition at all was tolerated! Nazi Germany used similar tactics to crush resistance movements in the countries that they invaded! Two million people died in Poland for example under the brutal Nazi regime! For example if a resistance group killed a German solider they would kill hundreds in revenge. Under such extreme conditions where any opposition at all is ruthlessly crushed it is not possible for terrorist groups to exist and operate!

• Options
    Please, PLEASE, get a psychiatric evaluation.

The first time you said that it seemed vaguely original. I wouldn't say almost funny; let's settle for almost almost funny. This must be what, the 5th or 6th though?

If you're going to be insulting, at least be original about it. You really are flogging a dead horse with this one.
  • Options
    I'm not trying to be funny or insulting. I honestly think that Steelgate would benefit from a psychiatric evaluation.
  • Options
    I'm not trying to be funny or insulting. I honestly think that Steelgate would benefit from a psychiatric evaluation.
    So you think that anyone that believes terrorism is a result of oppression and who is against the coming war with Iraq is mad!!!

I have already explained in detail answers to your questions of why there was no major problem with terrorism in the Soviet era in Russia and China because they used such extreme terror to crush any opposition!

On the coming war with Iraq surely you must see that the reall reason behind it is a desire for complete control of the oil rich Middle East! Saddam Hussein is not the only brutal dictator in the world there are many othes many of them helped to power by the American CIA. The reason that they are going after Saddam and not the others is because he is disobediant towards America!

Scott Ritter a card carrying Republican who voted for George Bush and fought in the last Gulf War still strongly insists that Iraq posses no weapons of mass destruction!!!

• Options
    Originally posted by stee1gate
    So you think that anyone that believes terrorism is a result of oppression and who is against the coming war with Iraq is mad!!!

No, I think that was directed at you only.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

No, I think that was directed at you only.

Precisely.