Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Condom time...

I'm doing some articles about safer sex etc, and it's time for our users to have their say.

Here's the scenario:
You are with a new partner and you really want to use condoms. They don't want to use condoms.
Now then - how do you make sure they use one?

Would you refuse to have sex? Would you give in and have unprotected sex even if that's not what you really want?
Might seem like an easy choice, but in the heat of the moment things can be very different....

Have you ever kicked someone out of bed for refusing to use condoms?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Condom time...
    Originally posted by Karla
    I'm doing some articles about safer sex etc, and it's time for our users to have their say.

Here's the scenario:
    You are with a new partner and you really want to use condoms. They don't want to use condoms.
    Now then - how do you make sure they use one?

Would you refuse to have sex? Would you give in and have unprotected sex even if that's not what you really want?
    Might seem like an easy choice, but in the heat of the moment things can be very different....

From a guys perspective, if he's not willing to respect your preference to wear one, sack him off, he's a b*****d.

However the best way i've ever been encouraged to wear one, is by having the girl cloak me with her mouth. Trust me girls, learn to do this and very few men will object whatsoever. Make sure you dont get lubricated tho, apparently taste rather disgusting lol
  • Options
    I would refuse to have sex without a condom. If he decided that he'd rather not do it all than use a condom, then it'd be his loss & he clearly wouldn't have enough respect for me to be sleeping with him in the first place.
    At least, this is how I hope I'd react, I've never actually been in that situation.
  • Options
    Hey girls, it takes time to LEARN how to have sex with a condom, I used to always go soft even with the thought of using it. But i'd never make a fuss if it was required attire.

Try not to be too nasty to blokes, it seems a lot of women on here (and some men) are very "kick him to the curb girlfriend" which is a)mis-representitive of their real lifes and b)a bit crappy really.

How about:-

"We need to use condoms coz of reasons (which are many and valid)" "If you don't want to now we can just play about all night....how do you fancy that" Eventually he will feel comfortable enough to maintain an erection whilst dealing with the plastic fella. The other negative is the lack of feeling, but you should explain the truth is that women lose a lot of feeling with a condom too, and that needs must when the devil drives.

If ons then who cares what he thinks about having to wear one!?
  • Options
    I've never had sex without a condom.

My girlfriends previous boyfriends all persuaded her to do it without. I will alway wear condoms until I'm married. She is not on the pill, yet men seem to think it will be alright, not to worry about STDs - predominantly HIV/AIDS - which you can't get rid of and can die from. And also pregnancy. Ever see that film Kids? Shows how STDs/STIs can be passed on.

Annabel Chong once said "sex is worth dying for", I don't know about you lot but there's no way I plan to die from having sex. 39% of Africans now have HIV, and half of Britains seem to have the consensus that it won't happen here - but it's already happening.

And surely, if you lose sensitivity, then you fellas are going to last longer which is a bad thing? Anyone who DOESN'T use one in this day and age needs their heads examined along with their blood and genitals. They don't care about themselves or their partners, who knows where they've been? It's a bit like that game Russian Roulette don't you think....
  • Options
    But Dave, of *course* all STDs magically disappear when youre married. *nodnod*

Ive been in the position when neither me nor the girl had a condom, and basically we didnt do it. Im in no rush to get a girl pregnant, or catch something. Any guy who does it is rather stupid. And any girl who agrees is even stupider.
  • Options
    Well, not married, but where you are both sure it is safe to do so, like crossing the road. I'm building up to having an STD test, and more importantly, so is she.

What I mean is, if you are both clear, and pregnancy is not a problem or the appropriate other contraception (ie. the pill) is in use, then do it, otherwise, don't.
  • Options
    I've never had sex, but I would say a condom goes without saying, even if the girl was on the pill, because you can never be too careful, and then there's always STDs to consider as well. But then that's just me, I'll do whatever a girl says.
  • Options

In short, yes.
  • Options
    I'd refuse to have sex. Although I'm 25 I definitely don't want a baby, especially with a new partner! And of course I don't want any STDs either. I wouldn't have unprotected sex unless we'd both been tested. I'm a good girl! :D
  • Options
    I’ve had sex once without a condom before, not because I wanted to do it without one but I was drunk and she was sober, so I now selfishly hold her to blame just as much as I do myself. (Maybe more)

Anyway I wouldn’t do it again without a condom unless I’m 100% sure she was not harbouring anything nasty. And just to be fair I’m getting myself checked out next week as well

If it come down to it and she doesn’t want to use it, I wouldn’t have sex, maybe just keep to foreplay until we find a solution.

So no I wouldn’t “kick them out” of bed for not wanting to use one. We just wouldn’t have sex!.
    :cool:
    it takes time to LEARN how to have sex with a condom, I used to always go soft even with the thought of using it. But i'd never make a fuss if it was required attire.

Why don't you use condom when you are on your own? I used to have a posh wank now and then to get use to wearing condom! I think it must have help me out
    However the best way i've ever been encouraged to wear one, is by having the girl cloak me with her mouth. Trust me girls, learn to do this and very few men will object whatsoever.

Hell yeah, I've had that done to me as well, its a great feeling and even better to sit up and watch her do it!

:D
  • Options
    :-|

The idea of having sex without any protection (the pill, condom ect.) is an alien concept... i dont think i would ever have sex without protection, i get paranoid enough as it is...
  • Options
    Would you refuse to have sex?
    Yes! His loss. But you can make many other things. If he doesn't want - his loss too.
    No but i would kick someone out if he tried it without after I said NO!
  • Options
    Just to back up what I was saying about condoms, and helping them last longer, Durex are producing a brand called Performa which helps fellas delay climax so obviously some people agree with me! Check out http://www.durex.com/index.html and click on products then --> Performa.

Dave.
  • Options
    Originally posted by daveog
    and helping them last longer,
    I mean't helping men last longer
  • Options

Yup I have & I would do so again.
  • Options
    I'd like to say I would stop right there, but I have been in that situation and at times, they can be very persuasive, and you are caught in the heat of the moment. I have been known to send a horny bloke running down to the all night garage though. Or just bring my own, there's no shame in it.
  • Options
    I wouldn't do it espically if i did not know her sexual history or didn't know that she was on the pill.
  • Options
    Can we add into the conversation - How does alchihol affect your views on condoms?

I find it disgraceful the amount of people that don't have good enough control over themselves to make sure condoms are used when drunk (and long term partners are capable of getting drunk together before anyone accuses this of being a one night stand rant).
  • Options
    Performa contains some alocal anaesthetic, which I think is a derivative of cocaine (DERIVATIVE - personally I wouldn't try to snort it), which is perhaps benzocaine, although I've not looked at the site. Anyway, condoms are meant to desensitise slightly anyway. Haven't you seen American Pie??
  • Options
    yes i would kick some one outta bed for not using one. personally i think that unless you've been tested nobody really knows if you have a STD or not!! if a man cannot understand your feelings about this subject then he's not worth it. and after you refused and he still wasnt prepared to use one then i wouldnt hesitate to kick him out.