Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cutting myself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi,
im 13 yrs old and recently ive been though a traumatic time but i cant say what happened. as a result of this i started cutting myself about 2 months ago.
at first i only did it a couple of times when i was feeling depressed but now i dont know whats wrong with me cos i kinda like get a kick from doing it. i cant stop cutting myself. ive tried to stop and managed for a while but then i just start cutting myself again whenever anything goes wrong in my life- which is quite a lot.
luv lou
p.s. plz , i need help stoping. i cant tell my mum as she would be ashamed of me as in her eyes i have alwasy been able to cope with my many problems.
what could i do to stop or to overcome this

Comments

• Options
    TALK TO YOUR MUM! She may surprise you!! You think she'll be ashamed of you??? There is only so much you can cope with at your age and asking for help is nothing to be worried/scared to do!! Please talk to her!
  • Options
    If you don't feel like you can talk to her, talk to someone else, like your doctor - i went through a bad patch last year, and it was only when i tried to kill myself that i realised i had a problem, and i went to my doctor and she really helped. She can put you in contact with a counsellor or give you medication. The other advice that i'd give you, is whenever you feel the urge to cut yourself, either do something to take your mind off it (like go for a long hard run/walk - depending on how fit you are!) Until the temptation passes, or stay around other people, cos you're not going to do it in front of them. If you need someone to chat to, feel free to PM me, cos i'm always here to talk, ok? S. x
  • Options
    Aw hun, I didn't know you were feeling this bad. PM again ok cos for once I can be of some use here. :) xxx
  • Options
    Hi Louise,

We have some information here:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/health/other_mental_health/self_harm.html

There's a useful helpline number at the bottom of the page.

You can also speak to your GP or your mum, but it's important to start talking to someone about it soon, and not leave it any longer.
  • Options
    well

Hey louise for some reason u remind me of me i used to cut myself cos of a bloke then he kinda went away but i still did it cos i got a kick out of it but then after a while i was finking that i am going to have terrible scars over me which i cant really hide all the time yeah u might be wearing long sleves now but in the summer u r gonna heat up and not be able to hide it so maybe that will help if not u can always pm me i have been through it too.
  • Options
    Hi...

I used to cut myself... when my life fell apart, i stopped cutting myself over a year ago now, although there has been a few time when i have done it when things have hit their worst... and as the person above me said about scars... they are right you do get awful scars... i have to see mine everyday...

Thankfully things have started going right for me, although i have stopped talking to the whole of my fathers side of the family... I am lot happier... the point i am trying to make is that as shit as you are feeling, things will get better and its worth holding out for....

Every post i have read on this subject says go and seek help, speak to the doctor, speak to your parents ect... well i didnt do any of those things... perhaps its because i feared doing so or it was because i didnt want to have to admit i had a problem... But i did survive (just)... and that is probably down to my best friend at the time, because she was always there and she helped alot... so i guess it is best to talk to someone...

I send my love and hugs to you which is something rare for me because im not the sort to say such things to strangers... but i just hope it gets better for you... feel free to PM me if you want to talk or whatever... even if its just to talk about the most mundane of things (the weather ect :))

--Malachi
  • Options
    Hello Louise! My friends girlfriend use to do the same thing and threatened my friend if he told anyone she would kill herself... It became a real problem until she ended up in intentsive care with a big blood loss! She came through it ok but was very lucky... What I am trying to say is alot of people have the same problem as you and just a talk to a friend or relative can make matters better please talk to someone about it and stop putting yourself through so much pain! :(
  • Options
    it sounds weird, but i get a really big kick out of cutting myself. at first it started cos of my problems and it still is, but i wanna do it more often as the pain seems to give me a kick like some people get a kick from bungee jumping and stuff.
    i dont know whats wrong with me , is this how evryone feels who cuts therselves.
    luv lou
    p.s. i think it might be cos ive got used to it and i think im kinda addicted.
  • Options
    hi
    dont worry bout it.
    most people dont loose their virginity till your age anyway.
    its best to wait till you meet the right person, however long it takes cos then it will be extra special and more intimate than say if you did it first time with some1 u hardly know or dont feel strongly about.
    luv lou
  • Options
    :confused: What?!
  • Options
    cutting myself gives me a kick aswel and i can understand you dont want to go to your mum but go to someone,i did it alot and out myself in hospital afew times through it but afew months ago i spoke to my boyfriend about it and we have both helped each other through it and dont do it very often now,
    you need to talk to somebody because your young and the scars will stay with you the sooner you stop the better,hope it all goes well for you xx
  • Options
    Are you turning gothic?

I've gotta cut myself on my leg soon. I've got a metal shard stuck in my leg and the skin grew over it, bc it didn't bother getting it out. So, here comes open hole surgery...
  • Options
    Hi im new to the board, iv bn readin the msgs for ummm cple of mnths nw an thght it wz time sed sumthin.iv bn cuttin myself for....8 an a hlf mnths nw an am no closer to bein able to stop than i wz 2 months ago.its not a good position to be in.nw iv startd mixin alcohol an drinkin lots to try an 'help' but its jus makin things worse. My advice, tell someone. I have told a few of my friends an it is helpin me , mainly because i had to finally admit to myself that i hav a problem. I understand you not wantin to tell ur parents because it is the LAST thing im plannin on doing but as i sed, try tlkn 2 sum1. the samaritans r gd too as u can send them anonymous emails.It will help trusting sum1, so evrytime u feel down call them or spk to them or text them an it sumtimes makes you stop an think, it helps me alot.
    Hope nethn iv sed as bn helpful
  • Options
    hi, i might try emailing the samaritans but the prob is, i dont know there email adress so i cant contact them
    u seem to know a lot so do u know their email adress
    luv lou
  • Options
    :) yeah sure the email for the samaritans is jo@samaritans.org.uk.
    hope ths helps
    luv
  • Options
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    Are you turning gothic?

What?! :confused:
  • Options
    *bangs head on wall*

Of course shes just truning Gothic, its not, like, a serious medical condition or anything. Its just some girl playing silly buggers. Fuck off and die, Strawberry.

Sorry about that.

Anyway...This is me. So I know whats its like to feel almsot addicted to cutting, its not nice and the sooner you talk to some- anyone- about it then the better it is for you. Ive calmed down a lot after being put on Prozac, but to do that it involves seeing a doctor. And telling friends to help you thourgh that.

Since that article was written I told my mum because I needed to undergo psychotherapy, which I am doing now, and I thought shed be awful about it but she wasnt. She was brilliant. So dont think your mum will be awful about it, I seriously doubt she will. feel free to email me or PM me if you wanna talk, its not a problem. Also if you feel comfortable you could tell someone on here about whats brought it on- there are quite a few girls on here who have been raped or sexually abused, and many people have a stpry to tell, so noone would look down on you and think you wree bing silly or making it up.

*hug*
  • Options
    A cry for help

Cutting yourself is often a reaction to deeper things that are going on in your life.

It is also a cry for help. But you do need to talk to someone hun because until you deal with the issues which triggered the need to self-harm in the first place, the urge will not go away.

Please don't feel like a freak sweetie. Lots of people have been in your position (myself included) so I know what you are going through.

*hugs*

Hamish xo