Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The historical day 5:1 England-Germany

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Do you still remember that great day? Soon it will be one year after that historical game :D (I'm still waiting for a world cup final like this). I just wondered: Where did you spend that day and what do you think of it?

I was here in Munich, but I didn't get a ticket (I think there were still some tickets available on the black market, but really to expensive for me :( ) I was the whole afternoon in the pedestrian area watching the fans there. Later I was near the stadium - great atmosphere. I wanted to spend the evening at a pub, but they didn't let me in - it was a "members only" evening :(
Some English guys had the same problem there and so we decided to join forces and look for a TV and finally we found one 5 minutes before the kick off. It's was the best football evening ever. And I was holding hands with a cute English guy half of the evening - just holding hands - he was really shy that was sweet :)
I think I've never been so drunk before after a football party. :rolleyes:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I watched the game with a few mates in The Falcon in Clapham Junction, London. The pub was absolutely packed solid and there was barely space for you to raise a pint of beer to your mouth. Needless to say everyone went mental, beer flying in all directions with every goal. We had a few more pints after the game, then had some food at Pizza Express- we got the waitress to place a stand-alone ice bucket full of Peroni beer next to the table; I don't think they were impressed with us. After that we went to the Comedy Store to watch some stand-up and have yet more alcohol. That's all I remember of the night, but I eventually made it home alright. :D
  • Options
    That day! :)

1. it was my boyfriends birthday
    2. My dad was in a 12 hour darts marathon
    3 during the match i gave my boyfriend a special birthday treat ;) missing 4 goals :( (it wsa worth it)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    during the match i gave my boyfriend a special birthday treat ;) missing 4 goals :( (it wsa worth it)

That was one long blowjob ;)
  • Options
    Best moment was watching Michael Owen after he scored and seeing him mouth the words, "Come on lads, this lot are shit!"
  • Options
    I was best man at a wedding. I timed my speech to finish just ready for kick-off and most of the blokes disappeared into the bar to watch the game.

The groom and myself didn't (we felt that it was appropriate), although we did find ourselves popping into the bar frequently!

I still cannot believe the result.
  • Options
    I was on holiday, and watched the match in a bar in Limassol, Cyprus with my son and a friend from London. There was a mixture of German, Irish, English and a fair few British squaddies in the bar.

When the Germans scored the Irish and Germans made loads of noise and were trying to wind the English fans up. They soon shut up though! :D In fact, quite a few of the Germans left before the end of the game.
  • Options
    Exactly one year ago at this time I staggered home - alone and drunk as hell but sooo happy :)
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Absoultely loved that result and the day will go down in history for me, watching Michael Owen score not one not two but THREE goals past the Germans was as sweet as it gets for me.

ENGLAND 5-1 GERMANY will NEVER B FORGOTTEN
    :):):):):)
  • Options
    It was a great night, but its being mentioned way too much, and look who went on to the World Cup final.

We should enjoy the win, but not mention it everytime we have an International match. Lets concentrate on the future for a change.
  • Options
    Re: The historical day 5:1 England-Germany

I don't remember much of the match - we turned it on to watch it but by the time the match started, we were making love and didn't stop during (or after) the match. :)

I do remember a couple of the goals but have seen them all since again and again on tv!
  • Options
    Jesus Andy, get you priorities right man.

If you are going to have sex during an Egland match, at least do it 'doggy' so that you can watch the game at the same time :rolleyes:
  • Options
    And don't use the expression "making love". It's deeply disturbing ;):p
  • Options
    Well I watched the match at home, and every time England scored, we ran outside cheering. Before you ask, the neighbours didn't think I was mad, they were doing the same.