Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What is a good personality?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some friends and I were talking about what we liked in the opposite sex (be it physical things or personality, etc.) In your view what character traits do you like in somebody you fancy for them to have a 'good personality'?

Comments

• Options
    They have to be up for a laugh.

Otherwise there aint no point I'm afraid :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by atomic brian
    They have to be up for a laugh.

Otherwise there aint no point I'm afraid :)

Yeah they have to be up for a laugh and aren't afraid to talk about things! :)
  • Options
    It's not generic though is it?

I would imagine the best personality in a girl is one that compliment's your own. As always knowing about yourself is the most important first step.
  • Options
    Good personality

Its someone that you can easily talk to and have a good conversation.

Someone that makes you smile.
  • Options
    Re: Good personality

Sorry to be a pedant but:
    Originally posted by misse83
    Its someone that you can easily talk to and have a good conversation.
    Not if u don't like talking.

Someone that makes you smile.
    Not if you're a goth.

As i say this is subjective.
  • Options
    Good personality in a girl I think is to be honest, fun going, be able have a laugh, doesn’t nag too much & open-minded.
  • Options
    What Harmless said.
  • Options
    Originally posted by snowdance

As you say, everyone has their own ideals, and thats with personality AND looks. It would be a boring world if we all chased after the same people.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Good personality

As i say this is subjective.

Agreed. If everyone reckons that certain traits are admirable how can there be any absolute?
  • Options

I would imagine the best personality in a girl is one that compliment's your own. As always knowing about yourself is the most important first step.

Agreed.

:)
  • Options
    some one who makes u happy that you just feel comfortable with. someone who you dont have to talk to all the time, you can just be together and not talk but the silence is comfortable (sorry im a true romantic :))
    the gotta be able to make u smile 2!
  • Options
    some one who makes u happy that you just feel comfortable with. someone who you dont have to talk to all the time, you can just be together and not talk but the silence is comfortable (sorry im a true romantic :))
    the gotta be able to make u smile 2!
  • Options
    Sense of humour- kind of dry and sarcastic. Even if someone was well fit, if they laughned at differen stuff then not compatible.

Kind and generous, offering to buy drinks or if no money, to do something for you.

Spontaneous and having lots of ideas of things to do and talk about- not just sitting in watching the telly.
  • Options
    to me its someone you can have a laugh with, that you don't worry about makin a prat of ureself in front of <this is a big issue for me as i make a habit of it lol>, someone you can talk about anything to, and who you don't mind just wasting time with... someone who makes ya smile just by being in a room with them
  • Options
    Someone with a good sense of humour, who makes me laugh and I can be myself with - ie act an idiot without getting embarrassed or worrying what they think of me. Someone honest who will talk about their feelings and will tell you how they feel about you without you having to ask (have yet to find a bloke with that particular quality!). Someone who respects other people's opinions without arguing if they don't agree, and lastly someone who respects me enought to not force me to do anything I dont wanna do.

Is there a bloke out there that is like this? Me thinks not....:(
  • Options
    For me, good character traits would evolve from someone who has taken their experiences in life, has learned from them - not regretted them and can speak about them without preaching on the wrongs and rights. Someone who's enjoying their spell on earth, is happy, smiles and have a laugh with anyone.

Someone you can talk to for hours and not run out of things to say.
  • Options
    The one personality trait I can't stand is arrogance. I think a great personality is someone who is fun and sensitive.
  • Options

Wise words! Like its already been said I think what you look for in a person depends on your own personal tastes, needs, viewpoints in life etc. I personally would want someone who loved me just the way I am so that I could be myself and not feel I had to try and be something I'm not to feel loved by him.
  • Options
    I agree that a good personality is one that compliments your own. In interests, opinions, life goals and attitude to life. I don't mean that you have to be identical but that you understand where the other person is coming from and you are willing to accept them for who they are and the mental make-up they bring with them.

For me the most sexiest quality a man could have is a never-ending curiosity about the world. To want to learn about all the different peoples, cultures, and ways of life which make up our planet indicates a thirst for life and that is damn sexy! :D
  • Options
    You cant shag a personality ! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES
    You cant shag a personality ! :rolleyes:

lmao interesting opinion..... very deep n meaningful darlin!

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by ObviouslyBlonde

lmao interesting opinion..... very deep n meaningful darlin!

:p

Never a truer word spoken ! :D
  • Options
    nahhhh spose ya cant shag a personality, but ya can shag someone who waffles constant crap n makes dodgy noises :p:p:p
  • Options
    Saucer of milk to table two please! :p
  • Options
    *sharpens claws*:D