Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Friends/More?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im suddenly really confused about my relationship with my boyfriend. To begin with we were sort of semi going out. We have now been a couple for quite a while. I have known him for about six months altogether. I sometimes feel that we are almost too serious. Not that i want to go out with other guys...just sometimes its as if we should just be really good friends. I really love him so much, but im not sure how exactly. I dont really want to rush into anything and ruin things. Do you reckon i should say something? If so what? I really dont want to loose him! :( :eek:

Comments

• Options
    Whatever you do, make up your mind. The longer you leave it, the more unfair it is on him.

Don't end up leading him on.
  • Options
    Atomic Brian you have made some good points there.Thanks. I have decided to leave things for the moment. It could just be me having one of those wierd days. I will see how things go and if i feel like this again then i will say something. i get on so well with him and i think i really could regret it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fairy
    Atomic Brian you have made some good points there.Thanks. I have decided to leave things for the moment. It could just be me having one of those wierd days. I will see how things go and if i feel like this again then i will say something. i get on so well with him and i think i really could regret it.

Yep, thats probably a good idea.

You don't seem like the type to mess someone about, but yeah, see how things go.

:)
  • Options
    Funnily enough ive had this feeling aswell, but i know friends just wouldnt be enough with my boyfriend.We have been going out for 4 months now and are really vclose at this point in our lifes there is going to be change he is moving away. Im quite a paranoid person and as this is one of my first proper relationships im scared im gona loose him. I would hate it if we were friends i just cant imagine it compared to all the kissing n cuddling we do. You may find you are just having an off day and want him but trust me if you really love him - which it sounds liek you do- then you can work things out, it will be hard to go back to being friends after having a relationship because you will remebr all you have done with him and will compare the friendship after the relationship to the one you had before the relationship (if that makes sense!!!) goodluck dont jus throw it all away tho!
  • Options
    Re: Friends/More?
    Originally posted by Fairy
    I really love him so much, but im not sure how exactly.

Don't get me started love is love.

If you don't lust after a guy and feel you require that in a relationship then your answer is clear.

If you do lust after him or you don't require lust in a relationship then again your answer is clear.

What is most important in any relationship is that you understand each other and are working towards a common purpose. You're going to be doing that a hell of a lot more in the next 50 years than having sex.