Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Risky?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had sex this weekend but we only used a condom right at the end - so he had been inside me for a while before. Is there still a risk of pregnancy? :eek:

Comments

• Options
    Hmm... kinda surprised that a 21 yr old girl doesnt know about the risks of penetration sans condom, but for what its worth, yes there is a risk (however small). Long before ejaculation guys discharge a small amount of pre-cum which does contain sperm. Even this small amount could potentially cause pregnancy.

I'd get an over-the-counter pregnancy test kit if i were you just for peace of mind, and perhaps consider using condoms in the future.
  • Options
    omg you stupid stupid girl/ women. you should have worn a condom from the start. get the damn MAP (if its not too late).

i thought at 21 you would be more sensible. im 16 and i still know what to do
  • Options
    Yes there is. Sperm leaks out well before ejacuation. Why was a condom not used form the beging??
    If it is less than 72 hours since you had sex go get the morning after pill now. There is more information here
    Emergancy Contraception
  • Options
    Oh come on :rolleyes:

This is a joke yeh?

How many times is this gonna get posted before somebody realises its done all the time :rolleyes:
  • Options
    If it is too late for MAP you can still get the coil fitted but do summmat quick before it gets to late.
  • Options
    *walks into room*

*bursts into giggles*

*leaves*
  • Options
    Just leave the poor girl alone. Some people didn't get sex ed. Ok, so she could have done a search or something, but she didn't, so it's our responsibility to answer properly. Just because we have the facts, it doesn't mean that everyone does.
  • Options
    yea u might be at risk... If i was u, i would go get checked.. or get one of those home tests... also u should always have the morring after pill with u, if u r gonn ahave sex with out a condom..
    remember next time.. *its easier to change a condom then to change a diaper*:D :D:D
    *nelly
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    Just leave the poor girl alone. Some people didn't get sex ed. Ok, so she could have done a search or something, but she didn't, so it's our responsibility to answer properly. Just because we have the facts, it doesn't mean that everyone does.

*agrees*
  • Options
    Originally posted by nelly101
    also u should always have the morring after pill with u, if u r gonn ahave sex with out a condom..

You speak as if it is some sort of contraception, not an emergancy resort.
    You should always use protection whether it be a condom the pill or any other method, don't use the morning after pill to keep you safe.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb

You speak as if it is some sort of contraception, not an emergancy resort.
    You should always use protection whether it be a condom the pill or any other method, don't use the morning after pill to keep you safe.

:rolleyes:

Exactly. :) Good on you for pointing that out, Deeeeb.

Damn, this will teach me to skim over posts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daisychainthing

Exactly. :) Good on you for pointing that out, Deeeeb.

:D

What else do i have to do with my time!
  • Options
    What scares people more...STD's or Pregnancy? I'll assume pregnancy as thats all that gets mentioned in these condom topics.
  • Options
    I'm agreeing with Sir Cum here. Have none of you even considered the risks of an STD. Aids is probably the worst, but how about a bout of Gonorhea.. well i do know its always nice to have once in a while ..:rolleyes:
    A baby is less scary than an STD, if you get aids, you might die, if you have a baby, you can put it in a sack with a brick and drop it in a river :p jk.

Look there are many more risks than pregnancy. Go check out some sexual education sites, ones that answer both these questions and the risks of STD's. Just take a look. It cant be that hard, even if you havent had sex education in the past, having the ability to log onto a forum to talk about sex gives away that you have the ability to search on the internet for a site that gives information about such things. Geezus.

Drum :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Yes you may be pregnant or have caught an STI. Get down the clinic.

And read this:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/sex/other_sex_issues/sex_myths.html
This discussion has been closed.